The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

Tiresomehoopla 01-11-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 404259)
god mom
shut up
i can listen to music and do homework
stFU
gaaaaaaah
als;dgkhpsodgihs
it's not a fucking distRACTION
shut UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UPPPPPPPP

Writer's Block, on the other hand...

MaryElizabeth 01-11-2013 06:20 PM

Can I just express how much I adore reading: picking up a book at the library and just READING just because you feel like it is fantastic. Is that insane?

nngo 01-11-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 404289)
Can I just express how much I adore reading: picking up a book at the library and just READING just because you feel like it is fantastic. Is that insane?

Not at all.

otaku 01-11-2013 07:04 PM

Can I just say: Eff you hormones, eff you mood swings. Eff you all, everything that's making me feel like crap right now. Just, just, eff you too world. Eff you to.

HeatherB 01-11-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla (Post 404268)
Writer's Block, on the other hand...

What. I don't. Whaaaaaaat.

L.S.Trendom 01-11-2013 07:39 PM

i am confuse.
I feel kind of like maybe I should be more depressed or self-hating or whatever. I mean I'm still f***ed up, but…

but the past few days—in addition to really confused—i've been really damn happy. actually happy, for once.

MaryElizabeth 01-11-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 404302)
What. I don't. Whaaaaaaat.

He's saying WB's a distraction from homework.

HeatherB 01-11-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 404322)
He's saying WB's a distraction from homework.

Ohhhhh, thank you for the clarification.

lvhamsters 01-11-2013 08:28 PM

All I have to say is....
Fuck life.

L.S.Trendom 01-11-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 404347)
All I have to say is....
Fuck life.

Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Dont be afraid.
Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Dont be afraid.

it's not all bad, I swear. even if it seems completely hopeless and not at all worth it, you'll find something that'll make you happy, that'll take away the hopelessness.
*hugs*

lvhamsters 01-11-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 404352)
Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Dont be afraid.
Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Dont be afraid.

it's not all bad, I swear. even if it seems completely hopeless and not at all worth it, you'll find something that'll make you happy, that'll take away the hopelessness.
*hugs*

Trueish.... It's just.... when you think into the future it's like..... life is boring, you know? You have these dreams of what will happen but it won't in the end. What's there to live for?
Don't take that the wrong way though. I have thought about suicide before, but I'm not.

LaurenM 01-11-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 404259)
god mom
shut up
i can listen to music and do homework
stFU
gaaaaaaah
als;dgkhpsodgihs
it's not a fucking distRACTION
shut UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UPPPPPPPP

I try to persuade myself that I can study with music...but if it's not for you, it's not. I don't really know why I'm saying this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 404289)
Can I just express how much I adore reading: picking up a book at the library and just READING just because you feel like it is fantastic. Is that insane?

No. Lots of us probably know that feeling.

HeatherB 01-11-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 404356)
Trueish.... It's just.... when you think into the future it's like..... life is boring, you know? You have these dreams of what will happen but it won't in the end. What's there to live for?
Don't take that the wrong way though. I have thought about suicide before, but I'm not.

Why do we even dream? What's the point?
I have so many dreams, but I have no drive. I want everything done whilst I'm blogging and listening to music and sitting on my butt, and of course that's not how it works at all--quite the opposite.
There is no point in my having dreams, yet I have them anyways.
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

HeatherB 01-11-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 404361)
I try to persuade myself that I can study with music...but if it's not for you, it's not. I don't really know why I'm saying this.

There's a playlist I found on Tumblr specifically for motivating you to work and it's beautiful and works like a charm (for me at least) BUT I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT WITHOUT MY MOM GOING ALL BITCHNINJA ON MY ASS. <:(

lvhamsters 01-11-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 404362)
Why do we even dream? What's the point?
I have so many dreams, but I have no drive. I want everything done whilst I'm blogging and listening to music and sitting on my butt, and of course that's not how it works at all--quite the opposite.
There is no point in my having dreams, yet I have them anyways.
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Exactly -.- Why must life be so complex and confusing.

ARGH. STUPID BROTHER.

MaryElizabeth 01-11-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 404356)
Trueish.... It's just.... when you think into the future it's like..... life is boring, you know? You have these dreams of what will happen but it won't in the end. What's there to live for?

That is a more concise version of my last psychopathic post.

MaryElizabeth 01-11-2013 08:40 PM

I think I'd actually just be content with giving it a fucking shot.

L.S.Trendom 01-11-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 404356)
Trueish.... It's just.... when you think into the future it's like..... life is boring, you know? You have these dreams of what will happen but it won't in the end. What's there to live for?
Don't take that the wrong way though. I have thought about suicide before, but I'm not.

the quote is true, completely true. example one for beautiful things: all of you KPers. you're amazing.
I can relate to that so much. but we're gonna find a way to have non-boring, awesome lives, okay? we can do it. Look at Gerard Way.
there's hope and love and the future andat least in my casesort of rebellion/saying "f*** you you won't beat me" to the world.
*glad* *hugs* *don't let yourself think about it*

L.S.Trendom 01-11-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 404364)
There's a playlist I found on Tumblr specifically for motivating you to work and it's beautiful and works like a charm (for me at least) BUT I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT WITHOUT MY MOM GOING ALL BITCHNINJA ON MY ASS. <:(

ooh you should give me a link :P

lvhamsters 01-11-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 404371)
the quote is true, completely true. example one for beautiful things: all of you KPers. you're amazing.
I can relate to that so much. but we're gonna find a way to have non-boring, awesome lives, okay? we can do it. Look at Gerard Way.
there's hope and love and the future andat least in my casesort of rebellion/saying "f*** you you won't beat me" to the world.
*glad* *hugs* *don't let yourself think about it*

You're friggen inspiring : )
~hugs~ thankiez :3

MaryElizabeth 01-11-2013 08:45 PM

I shouldn't complain about no replies, but it'd be nice to have someone to talk to...

HeatherB 01-11-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 404374)
ooh you should give me a link :P

okay lemme try to find it first though xD

HeatherB 01-11-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 404386)
okay lemme try to find it first though xD

Here you are, LST!

LaurenM 01-11-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 404364)
There's a playlist I found on Tumblr specifically for motivating you to work and it's beautiful and works like a charm (for me at least) BUT I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT WITHOUT MY MOM GOING ALL BITCHNINJA ON MY ASS. <:(

Maybe I can try it...maybe you should try to prove it. Like letting them check your homework. Or maybe they're too lazy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 404380)
I shouldn't complain about no replies, but it'd be nice to have someone to talk to...

Okay. /goes-back-to-last-page.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 404370)
I think I'd actually just be content with giving it a fucking shot.

I don't. But I don't really know. Something tells me that even if I manage to get into university, I'd be stuck in Hong Kong doing office work like my mother.

Lily09 01-11-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 404314)
i am confuse.
I feel kind of like maybe I should be more depressed or self-hating or whatever. I mean I'm still f***ed up, but

but the past few daysin addition to really confusedi've been really damn happy. actually happy, for once.

happy lst is best lst

Tiresomehoopla 01-11-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 404356)
Trueish.... It's just.... when you think into the future it's like..... life is boring, you know? You have these dreams of what will happen but it won't in the end. What's there to live for?
Don't take that the wrong way though. I have thought about suicide before, but I'm not.

The forces of nature made the grand canyon, look how beautiful it is.

HeatherB 01-11-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 404396)
happy lst is best lst

yes
i agree with this 1000000000%

Tiresomehoopla 01-11-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 404380)
I shouldn't complain about no replies, but it'd be nice to have someone to talk to...

Hi :)

MaryElizabeth 01-11-2013 09:20 PM

For once, I'm going to actually type out what I'm thinking on this thread. No punctuation, no back-spacing to make it more eloquent. I think all writers need to express how unhinged they are.

I just want to be a writer and write and make something meaningful. and i know that i cant because that happens to barely a handful of people and even though im good here at my shcool and i know im a really good writer but ill get out there and go to new york and ill try and realize that i cant do it and ill settle down and get a shitty job at an office and raise a kid and tell him that they have potential and their amazing but one day theyll end up like me and itll go on for generations until armageddon. and i really hate that idea and keep driving my thoughts away from it but i know in my heart its true. i dream and dream and turn back to logic and dream again and "write from what i know" but i cant do it knowing that ill never be more than "that smart girl". i love my life right now and im not being ungrateful because I FUCKING LOVE MY SCHOOL AND FRIENDS AND WRITING but i wish that i could have more hope like others do and know that ill do what i want one day BUT I KNOW I WONT.

AlgebraAddict 01-11-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 404417)
For once, I'm going to actually type out what I'm thinking on this thread. No punctuation, no back-spacing to make it more eloquent. I think all writers need to express how unhinged they are.

I just want to be a writer and write and make something meaningful. and i know that i cant because that happens to barely a handful of people and even though im good here at my shcool and i know im a really good writer but ill get out there and go to new york and ill try and realize that i cant do it and ill settle down and get a shitty job at an office and raise a kid and tell him that they have potential and their amazing but one day theyll end up like me and itll go on for generations until armageddon. and i really hate that idea and keep driving my thoughts away from it but i know in my heart its true. i dream and dream and turn back to logic and dream again and "write from what i know" but i cant do it knowing that ill never be more than "that smart girl". i love my life right now and im not being ungrateful because I FUCKING LOVE MY SCHOOL AND FRIENDS AND WRITING but i wish that i could have more hope like others do and know that ill do what i want one day BUT I KNOW I WONT.

Yeah. That's pretty much me, too. :/ I just hate uncertainty.


On a lighter note... this.

OMIGAWD OMIGAWD OMIGAWD OMIGAWD.

8D



That whole website has pretty much all the side of me that embraces sparkly jewelry.

Lily09 01-12-2013 02:20 AM

do you ever find yourself thinking about how unfair it is that you apologize for everything, but then you realize almost everything awful is your fault.

L.S.Trendom 01-12-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 404602)
do you ever find yourself thinking about how unfair it is that you apologize for everything, but then you realize almost everything awful is your fault.

it doesn't sound like things are even mostly your fault, from what i've heard from you.

Lily09 01-12-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 404604)
it doesn't sound like things are even mostly your fault, from what i've heard from you.

it feels a lot like it

bookworm1999 01-12-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 404356)
Trueish.... It's just.... when you think into the future it's like..... life is boring, you know? You have these dreams of what will happen but it won't in the end. What's there to live for?
Don't take that the wrong way though. I have thought about suicide before, but I'm not.

To say this... don't worry about your future, you're not there yet XD Where are you..? *looks around*
THE PREZENT, NO?? So focus on now, today will pass. We all have bad days, I have too, and it all seems like the world is going to explode into a million little peices because nothing is right. I will tell you now, it isn't. You have a lot on your plate, I understand, but the world is not going to rupture anytime soon. The thoughts get to you and you worry what will happen. Did I saw will?
Yes.
Fix what you can now, you will fix the problems about tommorow tommorow, eh? There is happiness in this world, its full of it. But sometimes life doesn't want you to believe it's there. Sometimes it wants you to look at your problems in black in white and ONLY focus on black. There is good in this world Calla, and it's worth fighting for, and ya I got that from LOTR, but that is besides the point. Celebrate life and it's goodness, don't mope on what concerns you.... some things we do need to fix and that is all responsibility but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy our blessings XD

bookworm1999 01-12-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 404605)
it feels a lot like it

Feels
Feels
Feels
=
Lies
Lies
Lies

Ruza 01-12-2013 12:49 PM

I am extremely arrogant and manipulative. I lose my temper at the drop of a hat and can't control my anger.
Anyone else deal with these problems?

MaryElizabeth 01-12-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruza (Post 405039)
I am extremely arrogant and manipulative. I lose my temper at the drop of a hat and can't control my anger.
Anyone else deal with these problems?

Well, my New Year's resolution is to be less high-and-mighty, but I haven't made much progress. But, I used to get angry much more than I do now, but how I changed it was reminding myself to save fury for important occasions. Like if someone makes an ignorant and offensive comment, instead of yelling at them for not understanding a simple metaphor.

AlgebraAddict 01-12-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 404602)
do you ever find yourself thinking about how unfair it is that you apologize for everything, but then you realize almost everything awful is your fault.


Yeah. I shouldn't fucking have to apologize for the music I like and the clothes I wear and the way I live my fucking life

MaryElizabeth 01-12-2013 08:16 PM

I've finally realized why I'm so rude to people. Finally. If I keep myself from caring about people's reactions or feelings, I won't care about their opinions about me either. They won't be able to manipulate my actions and behavior like they used to. I NEED arrogance. I NEED to be rude to people. That's how I survive.

EmmaR 01-12-2013 08:28 PM

ANXIETY ANXIETY ANXIETY

D:

*squeezes eyes shut*


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.