The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

bookworm1999 05-11-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 457606)
Thank you. That was really helpful. And it didn't sound too cheesy.

Thanks. c:

No, it helped. Thank you.

*clicks tongue and points fingers in gun motion*

Yesh!

L.S.Trendom 05-11-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 457602)
It's been a while since I've posted on this. Before I was trying to write long rants, but they all became off-topic.

To put it simply: I just want a friend. I want a life. I want to go to school happy and walk home with someone. I want to do something other than crawl into bed and stare at the ceiling. I don't want to embarrass myself in gym class. I don't want to sit alone at lunch. I don't want to fail my math tests. I don't want to be an outcast. I don't want to be ugly. I don't want people to compliment me on things that we both know I am bad at.

I'm not looking for attention or sympathy. Please. I want a reason why.

*hugs* I only really have good friends online, I know how that feels…
So what if you embarrass yourself in gym class? That's okay. I totally do, too. I'm sorry people at lunch don't realise how awesome you are. :/ Failing math tests doesn't equal being stupid, it doesn't even mean you're bad at math, it just means you're not doing well in the math portion of school. You're not an outcast here, at least… You're not ugly, you look just fine, you're nice and you're funny and you're a good person and a great writer.

LaurenM 05-12-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 457550)
I really want to be happy, too. And I am trying. The nice thing is that very small things make me happy. Like my little brother giving me a kiss on the cheek. Or a box of Spree. Or sunbathing on the roof.

I really hope that the little things will add up.

/hugs. I suddenly thought of a weird idea. You can start from 0, add numbers (on a scale of 1 to 10 per event) if you're happy, and subtract if you're sad.
Just a weird idea.

AlgebraAddict 05-12-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 457795)
/hugs. I suddenly thought of a weird idea. You can start from 0, add numbers (on a scale of 1 to 10 per event) if you're happy, and subtract if you're sad.
Just a weird idea.

I've done that sometimes. It does help.

Here goes a random little rant of mine again.

You know what's keeping me going?

Music helps, but it's not it.

School helps, but it's not it.

Friends help, but they're not it.

My sister and best friend help, but they're not it.

It's the future. Tomorrow. And I guess I'm happy, just right now. You know what I want to do when I turn eighteen? I want to get a nose piercing, a pen and comp book, a music player, a Starbucks gift card, and get out of the house. Go to the northwest coast and write. Write my heart out. I've always wanted to write poetry. I want to go somewhere where it rains 24/7 and there are trees. Trees. I haven't seen a tree over a hundred feet in years. I want to go where there's moss and clouds and mist so thick you can't see anything except the long, foggy, street ahead of you, and it feels like you're walking through a cloud and the fragrance of rain is all around you. I want to wrap myself up in a sensory overload of beauty and music rain and trees and a mixture of steamed milk and espresso and vanilla and hazelnut in the mornings when the fog is thickest. Because, you know, that's me. That is really and truly me. Not this faded illusion of myself that meanders through everyday life, awkward and miserable. I want to be beautiful.

bookworm1999 05-12-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 457798)

It's the future. Tomorrow. And I guess I'm happy, just right now. You know what I want to do when I turn eighteen? I want to get a nose piercing, a pen and comp book, a music player, a Starbucks gift card, and get out of the house. Go to the northwest coast and write. Write my heart out. I've always wanted to write poetry. I want to go somewhere where it rains 24/7 and there are trees. Trees. I haven't seen a tree over a hundred feet in years. I want to go where there's moss and clouds and mist so thick you can't see anything except the long, foggy, street ahead of you, and it feels like you're walking through a cloud and the fragrance of rain is all around you. I want to wrap myself up in a sensory overload of beauty and music rain and trees and a mixture of steamed milk and espresso and vanilla and hazelnut in the mornings when the fog is thickest. Because, you know, that's me. That is really and truly me. Not this faded illusion of myself that meanders through everyday life, awkward and miserable. I want to be beautiful.

O.o

* miniature heart attack*

Dang....... that was good.

LaurenM 05-12-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 457798)

I'm the reverse.

AlgebraAddict 05-12-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bookworm1999 (Post 457803)
O.o

* miniature heart attack*

Dang....... that was good.

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 457806)
I'm the reverse.

Come to New Mexico. Where it's dry and hot and windy and it's seriously hard to feel calm and/or romantic.

LaurenM 05-12-2013 01:51 AM

Nature is far away from my home, near the north of Hong Kong, so Iget bored all the time as well.

AlgebraAddict 05-12-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 457808)
Nature is far away from my home, near the north of H

Same here. Not that where I live has any nature to speak of, except for the bosque, of course.

bookworm1999 05-12-2013 01:54 AM

Romania is rain and rain.... and then blistering sun after blistering sun.... then more rain.... a nice day... maybe a cloud?.... THUNDERSTORM.