The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Never Ending Stories (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Summer Murder Mystery NES (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4802)

FrostBittenKitten 04-10-2019 05:56 PM

Summer Murder Mystery NES

Hey guys, Luna here! So I was bored and since there is very little activity on this forum (or really on the WB at all tbh) these days I tried to think of something to hopefully liven it up a bit! So my idea is this:

A group of friends are on a trip for summer break together, celebrating that school is finally over for the year when suddenly one of them goes missing. As more of them slowly begin to disappear, they must figure out who the killer is and stop them before it's too late! All they know is that the killer is one of them.

So I'm going to start when they're leaving for the trip, before anyone dies. You can make up to three characters, and you can request to be the killer (if we have enough people to get started and no one has volunteered to be the killer than I am going to be them).

First, here's the rules:

1. No killing other people's characters without their permission.

2. If we are already started you can join as a person who meets the group of friends and tries to help find the killer.

3. Since this NES is a murder mystery, be warned that it's probably going to be PG-13 at least.

4. Don't be overly graphic when describing dead characters (some imagery is okay but I'll tell you if you cross a line.)

5. Romance is allowed as long as you don't take it above PG-13.

6. No knowing who the killer is. It ruins the NES when your character somehow knows who is the killer, since it's supposed to be a murder mystery. Your character can be suspicious but not omniscient.

Form:

Name:

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too):

Gender/preferred pronouns:

Sexuality:

Personality:

Appearance:

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.):

That's all the ideas I have right now so I hope that a few people will join this!

FrostBittenKitten 04-10-2019 06:18 PM

My (first) character:

Name: Joshua Lopez (goes by Joss)

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 18

Gender/preferred pronouns: male, he/him

Sexuality: pan

Personality: He seems fairly indifferent to some people, because he isn't one for showing emotions constantly. Joss is friendly enough to everyone, but really only tells them things on a need-to-know basis, and when it comes to talking he is concise and to the point, sometimes to the point of rudeness. He really does care about his friends, even though it may not always seem that way, and would act selflessly in a life or death matter. He is good at staying calm under pressure, and uses sarcasm a lot when he is tired or nervous.

Appearance: Joss has warm medium brown skin, unruly dark brown curls, and eyes so dark brown they look almost black. He has long eyelashes and a tiny smattering of freckles you can only see if you get very very close. His nose is medium sized and his lips are full. Joss has a somewhat athletic build from playing baseball, but he isn't good enough at baseball to actually go very far with it. He's average height at about 5' 10", and has a dimpled smile. Though he usually quirks his mouth into a curious half-smile instead of smiling all out.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): He plays baseball (second base) and bass (the orchestra kind, not the guitar kind). He plays video games sometimes with his friends or siblings but isn't hardcore into them. He likes older music (like 70s and 80s) and usually wears t-shirts and jeans with a pair of Converse. Occasionally he'll switch out the Converse for hiking boots (not because he hikes a lot, he just thinks they look cool).

Zelda 04-10-2019 06:42 PM

Cool idea! I'm not sure how well I'll keep up with this, but I'm excited to try!

Name: Lydia Vevioni
Gender/preferred pronouns: Female, she/her
Sexuality: Demibisexual
Personality: Reserved, guillable, and easily embarrassed. She's a people-pleaser by instinct and a hard-worker by necessity. She's not terribly clever, but she's also not White-Chick-in-a-Horror-Movie dumb, you know? She craves attention and approval from those around her, but is too introverted to go and demand it, so she ends up pushed to the background a lot. Overall she's polite and very sweet, she'll probably do your homework if you ask nicely, but she also harbours a lot of hidden resentment towards a lot of people. Who knows when all that resentment will finally come pouring out, hm? *eyebrow wiggle*

Appearance: Short, olive-skinned, with some pudge. She has breakouts on her forehead that she will do anything to get rid of short of peeling off her skin. She has silky brown, shoulder length hair, it's heavy and gets really hot in the summer but her mom won't let her cut it. Her eyes are dark green and framed by long lashes, her right eye has warm brown sectoral heterochromia. They are arguably her prettiest feature and definitely the one she flaunts the most. Her hands are a close second-- fine-boned and articulate, with long violin fingers and callouses from her cello.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): I'll fill this out later, maybe, when my attention span resets. But suffice to say that she was a promising musician from a borderline-poor family and her parents forced her to become better and better and enter competition after competition to earn money. And now she kind of hates music and resents her parents. This trip is her chance to get away from it all, at least for a little while.

FrostBittenKitten 04-10-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 602017)
Cool idea! I'm not sure how well I'll keep up with this, but I'm excited to try!

Personality: Reserved, guillable, and easily embarrassed. She's a people-pleaser by instinct and a hard-worker by necessity. She's not terribly clever, but she's also not White-Chick-in-a-Horror-Movie dumb, you know? She craves attention and approval from those around her, but is too introverted to go and demand it, so she ends up pushed to the background a lot. Overall she's polite and very sweet, she'll probably do your homework if you ask nicely, but she also harbours a lot of hidden resentment towards a lot of people. Who knows when all that resentment will finally come pouring out, hm? *eyebrow wiggle*

Appearance: Short, olive-skinned, with some pudge. She has breakouts on her forehead that she will do anything to get rid of short of peeling off her skin. She has silky brown, shoulder length hair, it's heavy and gets really hot in the summer but her mom won't let her cut it. Her eyes are dark green and framed by long lashes, her right eye has warm brown sectoral heterochromia. They are arguably her prettiest feature and definitely the one she flaunts the most. Her hands are a close second-- fine-boned and articulate, with long violin fingers and callouses from her cello.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): I'll fill this out later, maybe, when my attention span resets. But suffice to say that she was a promising musician from a borderline-poor family and her parents forced her to become better and better and enter competition after competition to earn money. And now she kind of hates music and resents her parents. This trip is her chance to get away from it all, at least for a little while.

oooh i like your character thanks for joining

Werty 04-10-2019 09:16 PM

Name: Alisha Emmerence

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 15

Gender/preferred pronouns: female, she/her.

Sexuality: not quite sure, she's never liked anyone in her life.

Personality: Alisha is smarter than she looks. She's not the kind of person to share ideas/be all too in to the mystery, but she's concerned for what's going on/what she could do to help figure out who it is. She's a big reader/writer and has a big interest in science/math and also the unknown. She wasn't all too willing to go on this trip, but her older brother Jonah dragged her along and anyway it's supposed to be "fun" and a chance to get "fresh air" and her parents wouldn't shut up so here she is. She's not expecting much but will probably make good friendships and possible relationships if you're lucky.

Appearance: It's a shame she doesn't like anyone, because Alisha is pretty. Not in a "makeup, hair styling" sort of way, but more of a natural beauty. She's got red, straightish hair that goes just past her shoulders. It curls up sometimes but not often. You'll see her wearing it in a ponytail or just down on her shoulders. She wears simple clothes, just blue t-shirts and her all-the-time green rain jacket. Nothing special about it, she just likes it. She usually wears jeans and whatever she has. She's pretty short, probably 5'2'', and loathes it. She's probably seen wearing converse or whatever. She has light freckles you can't really see through the sunlight and brown eyes.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): She packed more books with clothes. She's a normal teenager, if you count sitting in a private place reading/studying/writing/researching instead of socializing/doing normal teenage stuff normal. She's not much of a social person, but she's not shy. She just doesn't like other people. On this trip she will probably actually learn how to hang with people/be a human. Also: not a nerd. She's quiet. Keeps her studies to herself. Also a Capricorn with a Scorpio moon (because I can generate sun and moons signs on the spot for my characters)

Can't post Jonah's form right now but I definitely will as soon as possible he's the best. And I don't want Alisha to end up dead but Jonah will probably be the first to die. Those are my only characters, probably, but neither of them will end up as the killer

FrostBittenKitten 04-10-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werty (Post 602022)
Name: Alisha Emmerence

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 17

Gender/preferred pronouns: female, she/her.

Sexuality: not quite sure, she's never liked anyone in her life.

Personality: Alisha is smarter than she looks. She's not the kind of person to share ideas/be all too in to the mystery, but she's concerned for what's going on/what she could do to help figure out who it is. She's a big reader/writer and has a big interest in science/math and also the unknown. She wasn't all too willing to go on this trip, but her older brother Jonah dragged her along and anyway it's supposed to be "fun" and a chance to get "fresh air" and her parents wouldn't shut up so here she is. She's not expecting much but will probably make good friendships and possible relationships if you're lucky.

Appearance: It's a shame she doesn't like anyone, because Alisha is pretty. Not in a "makeup, hair styling" sort of way, but more of a natural beauty. She's got red, straightish hair that goes just past her shoulders. It curls up sometimes but not often. You'll see her wearing it in a ponytail or just down on her shoulders. She wears simple clothes, just blue t-shirts and her all-the-time green rain jacket. Nothing special about it, she just likes it. She usually wears jeans and whatever she has. She's pretty short, probably 5'2'', and loathes it. She's probably seen wearing converse or whatever. She has light freckles you can't really see through the sunlight and brown eyes.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): She packed more books with clothes. She's a normal teenager, if you count sitting in a private place reading/studying/writing/researching instead of socializing/doing normal teenage stuff normal. She's not much of a social person, but she's not shy. She just doesn't like other people. On this trip she will probably actually learn how to hang with people/be a human. Also: not a nerd. She's quiet. Keeps her studies to herself.

Can't post Jonah's form right now but I definitely will as soon as possible he's the best. And I don't want Alisha to end up dead but Jonah will probably be the first to die. Those are my only characters, probably, but neither of them will end up as the killer

cool thanks for joining

i have a couple of ideas for characters but not one for the killer yet so if anybody wants that spot it's still open

(my current ideas are a best friend for Joss who's rly sweet and dies near the beginning and also a rude girl who people may suspect but isn't the killer)

FrostBittenKitten 04-11-2019 08:12 AM

Name: Chloe O’Malley

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 17

Gender/preferred pronouns: female, she/her

Sexuality: bi

Personality: Bright, upbeat, and fun, Chloe loves being the center of attention. She is friendly and bubbly and easy to get along with, however she has very low self-esteem that she tries to hide by being extra friendly and nice to people. She’s really dramatic and emotional (she is a theatre kid) but generally easy to talk to. She likes making up stories and getting dressed up.

Appearance: Chest-length dirty blonde hair that can be described as wavy on a good day, though often it is a bit more on the frizzy side. She has a smattering if freckles on her nose and cheeks, and clear round glasses. Her eyes are hazel and a mixture of green and brown. Chloe is thin and tall, without many curves. She’s close to the same height as her best friend Joss at 5’ 9”.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): Best friends with Joss, and in theatre. She used to be friends with Charlotte in elementary school but had a falling out in middle school over a boy. She has been best friends with Joss since sixth grade, and they are so tight and never leave each other’s side. Many people think she and Joss are dating but they are like brother and sister.

Werty 04-11-2019 11:51 AM

Idk if anybody noticed but I made Alisha 2 years younger bc it's her brother who's dragging her along and the one in this friend group and she knows none of these people

Also here's Jonah

Name: Jonah Emmerence

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 18 (the trip starts on his birthday)

Gender/preferred pronouns: Male, he/him

Sexuality: He has a girlfriend (dunno if anyone wants to make her or be her if not she's not coming, I don't feel like it) and tells everyone he's straight but really he's homoflexible and honestly is quite surprised he even likes any girls at all

Personality: Jonah is bright spirited. Not really on the intelligent side, but he's always got a nice smile and is ready for adventure. He's a socialite and the opposite of his sister. He is quite surprised when things go wrong (which doesn't usually happen to him) and probably will skirt around the murder/not really try to figure out who it is because when he finds out one of his friends had been killing everybody he will kinda just hide alone feeling betrayed by everyone. He plays basketball on the school team and is a star but honestly he could care less. He loves his sister even when she doesn't love him. He has a magnetic personality and is also quite chill and yet bright and bubbly and he's just an explosion of color tbh

Appearance: Jonah has slightly olive skin (something Alisha didn't inherit) and dark brown straight hair that goes just to his chin and this guy is really attractive and also adorable. He'll wear a white t-shirt on most days and sometimes his varsity jacket or a jean jacket and also jeans and Converse because why not. He doesn't really care too much about how he looks but honestly looks perfect. Unlike his sister he's pretty tall, probably 6' or 5'11''.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): His sister is Alisha. He's a Cancer with a Leo or Aries moon although nobody cares about his sign

Werty 04-11-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

I know nobody cares about signs but that's a Cancer with a Virgo moon

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 602016)
My (first) character:

Name: Joshua Lopez (goes by Joss)

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 18

Gender/preferred pronouns: male, he/him

Sexuality: pan

Personality: He seems fairly indifferent to some people, because he isn't one for showing emotions constantly. Joss is friendly enough to everyone, but really only tells them things on a need-to-know basis, and when it comes to talking he is concise and to the point, sometimes to the point of rudeness. He really does care about his friends, even though it may not always seem that way, and would act selflessly in a life or death matter. He is good at staying calm under pressure, and uses sarcasm a lot when he is tired or nervous.

Appearance: Joss has warm medium brown skin, unruly dark brown curls, and eyes so dark brown they look almost black. He has long eyelashes and a tiny smattering of freckles you can only see if you get very very close. His nose is medium sized and his lips are full. Joss has a somewhat athletic build from playing baseball, but he isn't good enough at baseball to actually go very far with it. He's average height at about 5' 10", and has a dimpled smile. Though he usually quirks his mouth into a curious half-smile instead of smiling all out.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): He plays baseball (second base) and bass (the orchestra kind, not the guitar kind). He plays video games sometimes with his friends or siblings but isn't hardcore into them. He likes older music (like 70s and 80s) and usually wears t-shirts and jeans with a pair of Converse. Occasionally he'll switch out the Converse for hiking boots (not because he hikes a lot, he just thinks they look cool).

And that's a Libra with a Leo moon

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 602024)
Name: Chloe O’Malley

Sexuality: bi

Personality: Bright, upbeat, and fun, Chloe loves being the center of attention. She is friendly and bubbly and easy to get along with, however she has very low self-esteem that she tries to hide by being extra friendly and nice to people. She’s really dramatic and emotional (she is a theatre kid) but generally easy to talk to. She likes making up stories and getting dressed up.

Appearance: Chest-length dirty blonde hair that can be described as wavy on a good day, though often it is a bit more on the frizzy side. She has a smattering if freckles on her nose and cheeks, and clear round glasses. Her eyes are hazel and a mixture of green and brown. Chloe is thin and tall, without many curves. She’s close to the same height as her best friend Joss at 5’ 9”.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): Best friends with Joss, and in theatre.

And that's a Leo with a Pisces moon probably but not positive

FrostBittenKitten 04-11-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werty (Post 602026)
Idk if anybody noticed but I made Alisha 2 years younger bc it's her brother who's dragging her along and the one in this friend group and she knows none of these people

Also here's Jonah

Name: Jonah Emmerence

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 18 (the trip starts on his birthday)

Gender/preferred pronouns: Male, he/him

Sexuality: He has a girlfriend (dunno if anyone wants to make her or be her if not she's not coming, I don't feel like it) and tells everyone he's straight but really he's homoflexible and honestly is quite surprised he even likes any girls at all

Personality: Jonah is bright spirited. Not really on the intelligent side, but he's always got a nice smile and is ready for adventure. He's a socialite and the opposite of his sister. He is quite surprised when things go wrong (which doesn't usually happen to him) and probably will skirt around the murder/not really try to figure out who it is because when he finds out one of his friends had been killing everybody he will kinda just hide alone feeling betrayed by everyone. He plays basketball on the school team and is a star but honestly he could care less. He loves his sister even when she doesn't love him. He has a magnetic personality and is also quite chill and yet bright and bubbly and he's just an explosion of color tbh

Appearance: Jonah has slightly olive skin (something Alisha didn't inherit) and dark brown straight hair that goes just to his chin and this guy is really attractive and also adorable. He'll wear a white t-shirt on most days and sometimes his varsity jacket or a jean jacket and also jeans and Converse because why not. He doesn't really care too much about how he looks but honestly looks perfect. Unlike his sister he's pretty tall, probably 6' or 5'11''.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): His sister is Alisha. He's a Cancer with a Leo or Aries moon although nobody cares about his sign

Oooh can I be the girlfriend I have an idea

Zelda 04-11-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 602023)

i have a couple of ideas for characters but not one for the killer yet so if anybody wants that spot it's still open

I have a murdery character if ur still needing one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werty (Post 602027)
I know nobody cares about signs but that's a Cancer with a Virgo moon

I have no idea what this means, but neat :D

Werty 04-11-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 602034)
Oooh can I be the girlfriend I have an idea

yeah sure. whoever she is Alisha will hate her regardless whether she is a satan or a saint bc Alisha loves her brother and s rlly protective even if she never shows it and acts like she hates everyone

FrostBittenKitten 04-11-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 602036)
I have a murdery character if ur still needing one.

Yeah go ahead!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werty (Post 602037)
yeah sure. whoever she is Alisha will hate her regardless whether she is a satan or a saint bc Alisha loves her brother and s rlly protective even if she never shows it and acts like she hates everyone

This should be fun then haha

FrostBittenKitten 04-11-2019 03:02 PM

Name: Charlotte Adam

Sexuality: bi (though she’s closeted so she says she’s straight)

Personality: She can be really rude and cold to people she doesn’t like, and it’s not very hard to get her to dislike you. To those she likes she is really sweet and funny. Charlotte can be mercurial, seeming two-faced or temperamental to those who don’t like her. Charlotte is pretty smart and excels in math, but she is also arrogant because of it. She doesn’t trust easily, but deeply cared about those close to her. Many people think she is hard to get along with, partially because her tendency to push people away before they get close to her. On the inside though she really just wants to be loved.

Appearance: Long, mid-back curly black hair, dark bronze skin, and golden eyes. She always wears winged eyeliner and is good at makeup. She’s average height (about 5’ 5”) and curvy. Charlotte has a septum piercing and two earlobe piercings. She is pretty and knows it, though sometimes she gets too hung up on her looks being her worth. She has a large nose and full lips. She likes to wear clothes that accentuate her curves.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): Jonah’s girlfriend, dislikes his sister Alisha. Used to be friends with Chloe.

Werty 04-11-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 602039)
Name: Charlotte Adam

Sexuality: bi (though she’s closeted so she says she’s straight)

Personality: She can be really rude and cold to people she doesn’t like, and it’s not very hard to get her to dislike you. To those she likes she is really sweet and funny. Charlotte can be mercurial, seeming two-faced or temperamental to those who don’t like her. Charlotte is pretty smart and excels in math, but she is also arrogant because of it. She doesn’t trust easily, but deeply cared about those close to her. Many people think she is hard to get along with, partially because her tendency to push people away before they get close to her. On the inside though she really just wants to be loved.

Appearance: Long, mid-back curly black hair, dark bronze skin, and golden eyes. She always wears winged eyeliner and is good at makeup. She’s average height (about 5’ 5”) and curvy. Charlotte has a septum piercing and two earlobe piercings. She is pretty and knows it, though sometimes she gets too hung up on her looks being her worth. She has a large nose and full lips. She likes to wear clothes that accentuate her curves.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): Jonah’s girlfriend, dislikes his sister Alisha. Used to be friends with Chloe.

beautiful

although it's quite scary how she somewhat resembles my former friend also named Charlotte

Also an Aries with a Cancer moon

SilverMoon 04-11-2019 06:56 PM

oh this sounds interesting
this is sorta like................. the plot to sdr2 lmao

SilverMoon 04-11-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

bruh I LOVE her i'd love to create a char with a close relationship to her
(also dm me on Instagram or discord about the murdery character im so curious!!!!)

FrostBittenKitten 04-11-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 602049)
oh this sounds interesting
this is sorta like................. the plot to sdr2 lmao

Yesss join :D

SilverMoon 04-11-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 602060)
Yesss join :D

I will join but I'll have to think a lot about characterization *strokes imaginary beard*

Werty 04-11-2019 09:23 PM

well i know a lot of people have to figure out there characters and whatnot but i'm pretty eager to start

FrostBittenKitten 04-11-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werty (Post 602081)
well i know a lot of people have to figure out there characters and whatnot but i'm pretty eager to start

I feel that

So I was pretty vague about the summer trip thing but I was picturing like they are going to someone’s lake house for a couple weeks as a getaway and yeah

Zelda 04-12-2019 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 602038)
Yeah go ahead!

u want a form or should the murdery murderer be kept a secret.
oh wait i guess the secret would be over the moment i introduced the character. mm. i'll make a form then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 602050)
bruh I LOVE her i'd love to create a char with a close relationship to her
(also dm me on Instagram or discord about the murdery character im so curious!!!!)

thank u! honestly do it, i would love to do a character pair-up w/ you
fun fact; Lydia is one of my OG roleplay charas from when hatena haiku was still a thing. i made her nd kotori maiamoto ~specifically~ bc i needed softer characters to rp with a particular rper.

damn, nostalgia ;_;

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 602086)
So I was pretty vague about the summer trip thing but I was picturing like they are going to someone’s lake house for a couple weeks as a getaway and yeah

lakes are the perfect place to hide bodies (:<

FrostBittenKitten 04-12-2019 08:56 PM

so i'm thinking whenever you guys are ready to start maybe we could plan a time that we could all be on at once (even if it's only for 20 min) bc we used to do that on the chb nes sometimes and i like that idea

SilverMoon 04-13-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 602097)
so i'm thinking whenever you guys are ready to start maybe we could plan a time that we could all be on at once (even if it's only for 20 min) bc we used to do that on the chb nes sometimes and i like that idea

Oh hell yea let’s do that! Re and I are gonna hash out some cool character stuff on discord together and then we’ll be ready to go!

FrostBittenKitten 04-13-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 602105)
Oh hell yea let’s do that! Re and I are gonna hash out some cool character stuff on discord together and then we’ll be ready to go!

ok sounds cool!

Werty 04-13-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 602097)

works for me

i'm probably going to have to rely on some time around when i'm posting as of now/two hours before if anything, and it can't be weekly. but i have all of next week off so i'll be on all day

Werty 04-16-2019 02:25 PM

k so just making sure we don't forget about this

SilverMoon 04-16-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werty (Post 602149)
k so just making sure we don't forget about this

yea maybe u guys could go ahead and start? and re and I will discuss our characters and jump in soon

Werty 04-16-2019 03:16 PM

if luna's cool with that let's go

FrostBittenKitten 04-16-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werty (Post 602155)
if luna's cool with that let's go

Yeah that’s fine

We could have Jonah, Alisha, and Charlotte all riding in Jonah’s car to the lake house

FrostBittenKitten 04-16-2019 04:40 PM

Charlotte // starting post

Charlotte sighed as she waited for Jonah to pick her up from her house to go the lakehouse that her family sometimes used as a summer house. This year they had finally let Charlotte go with her friends (and friends of friends, and a few random kids from school, she couldn’t remember exactly who had heard about it). Whatever.

She sat on the front porch of her pristine, and quite large, house, her chin in her hands and her bag next to her. Charlotte was not what one would call patient.

Werty 04-16-2019 05:56 PM

Alisha stared out of the window miserably. They were heading to Charlotte's house to pick her up to go to her lake house. Jonah was happily listening to music on the radio. We love the same music, but he wasn't going to listen to it when she was around because she didn't like it because she's oh so special. She tried to pay more attention to her book, but something was nagging at her.`She thought about Phoebe, her best friend. She understood. They liked the same things, and could sit silently together for hours and talk for the same amount of time. Phoebe was one of the few people Alisha regarded as okay. It wasn't that she was shy. She just didn't like people.

Jonah swerved the wheel and they landed in front of Charlotte's house. He got out and went up to say hi. Alisha stayed in the car, poor thing. She was unwilling to go, which he didn't understand. But she didn't like anything. He still loved her, and wished she got along with his girlfriend better. Charlotte was waiting for him, looking quite impatient.
"Hey! My sister's in the front seat, but I could get her to move if you'd like to sit next to me."

FrostBittenKitten 04-16-2019 06:14 PM

“Jonahhh!” Charlotte exclaimed happily, standing up and giving him a quick kiss on the lips in lieu of a hello. “I would love it if I could sit next to you as long as Alisha doesn’t mind.” She smiled, grabbing her bag. “We need to put this in the trunk first though.”

Werty 04-16-2019 06:28 PM

Jonah put Charlotte's bag next to his sister's and his own in the truck bed. He gave Alisha a pleading look and she trudged out of the vehicle into the back seat. Loading in Charlotte's bag, they hopped in the car and started the long drive.

Alisha had fallen asleep. She wasn't sure for how long, but when she woke up, Jonah and Charlotte were chatting it up like they were the siblings. She couldn't help feeling slightly jealous. Her phone still had no responses from Phoebe, to whom she had complained for about forty minutes about how it wasn't fair and how she didn't want to go and ugh. But nothing she could do now, we were halfway there.

(Are we picking other ppls up or will they supply their own ride? I'm okay with picking up Joss and your other character that I forget the name of if you'd like but I have limited room, Jonah drives a pickup, so only two more seats for whoever wants them or we can just go seperately)

FrostBittenKitten 04-16-2019 06:35 PM

(How about they pick up Joss and Chloe then? They can be friends with Jonah if you want)

Charlotte nodded her head to the music, smiling. She kept glancing at Jonah, putting her hand in the perfect spot for him to take. She was hoping he got the hint as she continued to talk to him. She had worn red lipstick today, her signature color, and wondered if Jonah noticed. She loved wearing red lipstick; it made her feel powerful and pretty.

Everything about this trip seemed perfect and rosy from here. Sure, drama was bound to happen, but Charlotte was good at dealing with drama. Being the source of the drama a lot did come with its perks. Besides, she had the best-looking and sweetest boyfriend, who should just take the hint already and hold her hand.

“Aren’t we picking up Josh and Cleo?” Charlotte asked, not caring whether that was actually their names or not.

Werty 04-16-2019 07:42 PM

Jonah laughed.
"Joss and Chloe. And yeah, Chloe's house is right around this bend, and Joss is waiting there as well." He noticed Charlotte wanted his hand, so he took it. He took a split second to look at the backseat and check in on his sister. Alisha flashed him a thumbs up, but she didn't look like it. Pulling in at Chloe's driveway, Jonah offered Charlotte to come out and greet them with him.

FrostBittenKitten 04-16-2019 07:46 PM

Charlotte didn’t particularly care for Joss and Chloe, thinking they were kind of dorky and weird, but it was a good way to keep holding Jonah’s hand, so she went along with it. “Sure.”

Chloe was standing on her driveway with a bag slung over her shoulder and hair in a messy bun. Joss was next to her with a suitcase next to him. They both looked up from their phones when they saw Jonah arrive. Chloe beamed And Joss smiled, though in a much less perky manner.

Werty 04-16-2019 07:59 PM

As Jonah, Charlotte, and the two other people Alisha didn't care to remember the names for made their way over to the truck, Alisha straightened and slipped her earbuds in to avoid small talk. Of course, that didn't work, and soon both of them were talking to her at once.

FrostBittenKitten 04-16-2019 08:09 PM

"Hi!" Chloe chirped. "I'm Chloe, and you must be Alisha, Jonah's sister!"

"I'm Joss," Joss added, before going back to reading the book he had brought with him.

"He's not the best at meeting new people," Chloe said with a smile. "Joss is a bit shy."

"I'm not shy," Joss said without looking up from his book. Chloe giggled.

"Right, you're introverted," Chloe agreed. "Either way, he's not one for small talk."

Werty 04-16-2019 08:12 PM

Alisha nodded and pulled out an earbud.

"I can relate." She waited for a moment, then realized that sounded rude. "Sorry... I'm just... not one for small talk either." She flashed both of them a forced smile and went back to her music. After a little while, it got a bit awkward. "What are you reading?" she asked Joss.

(I have a feeling these two are going to get along)