The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

Nightwalker 08-13-2013 04:38 PM

Isn't it crazy? In today's world everything has advanced so much: medicine, quality of life, education, health care, etc. (well in the Western world, for now). Don't you think people should be leading so much easier, happier lives as a result of that. But of course as human beings, that is never going to happen. I mean, we're just teenagers, shouldn't we be ok for now, be able to enjoy our adolescent years and worry about the more important stuff when we're older? Nope. Along with better medicine, quality of life, education, health care, comes more growth of depression within teenagers, drug problems, growth in the numbers of cancer victims in families, etc.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, is that people suck. No matter how much we improve, we just find new ways to screw ourselves over.

lvhamsters 08-13-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwalker (Post 488270)
Isn't it crazy? In today's world everything has advanced so much: medicine, quality of life, education, health care, etc. (well in the Western world, for now). Don't you think people should be leading so much easier, happier lives as a result of that. But of course as human beings, that is never going to happen. I mean, we're just teenagers, shouldn't we be ok for now, be able to enjoy our adolescent years and worry about the more important stuff when we're older? Nope. Along with better medicine, quality of life, education, health care, comes more growth of depression within teenagers, drug problems, growth in the numbers of cancer victims in families, etc.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, is that people suck. No matter how much we improve, we just find new ways to screw ourselves over.

This is so true. It's really sickening.

Lily09 08-13-2013 06:30 PM

does anyone else think about how overwhelming it is
how maybe you feel too much
goddamn maybe its the recent doctor who but i feel like im suffocating in a ton of emotions yet i find it hard to feel sympathy for people at the same time

Lily09 08-13-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 488312)
does anyone else think about how overwhelming it is
how maybe you feel too much
goddamn maybe its the recent doctor who but i feel like im suffocating in a ton of emotions yet i find it hard to feel sympathy for people at the same time

and i dont know if i should be feeling happy and glad and angry and sad and hopeless and cold at the same time and i dread the school year i absolutely do
because i know im hopeless when it comes to school
and i feel like im filled with so much hate and anger and this entire summer i feel like ive just been lying to myself that im okay
im glad about so many things
but im also angry all the time and selfish and hateful and i dislike people for no reason at all and i get annoyed at the smallest things
and i feel like no one is reacting the way i need them to react
they react with pity and sympathy and too much pity like no okay i do not need to be told "oh it will work out youre not this youre not that youre wonderful" i dont need constant reminding and constant pity and the same goddamn chant all over again
i dont need people to tell me that my decisions and feelings are justified or that they're okay
i just want someone who will be in sync and get it i want someone who will understand
and has anyone ever helped lately or has it just made me feel worse and more cut off im not sure i dont really want comfort lately
comfort got old too fast

Arin 08-13-2013 08:42 PM

I've been feeling really sad and angry recently for no apparent reason. It's kind of silly if you think about it, but it has been happening to me. I don't want to be sad/angry, and then it's like this: if you have no reason to be sad, then how can you be sad? So I've been confused about that.

Also, my grandpa was diagnosed with stage four stomach cancer a few weeks ago. He has 6-12 months left. He's the first of the relatives I know to be passing, and I don't know how to feel because I never really knew him well, so I feel like an emotionless blob, and then I'm upset because I wish I got to know him better.

On top of all that, I don't really know who to be friends with in real life, and if I HAVE any friends in real life, because my good friends recently started swearing a lot and using obscene hand gestures and being inappropriate in general. And I heard they were being mean to some people, although I don't know the specifics.

This stuff probably not much compared to what other people have to go through.

But yeah.

camikat 08-13-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arin (Post 488334)
I've been feeling really sad and angry recently for no apparent reason. It's kind of silly if you think about it, but it has been happening to me. I don't want to be sad/angry, and then it's like this: if you have no reason to be sad, then how can you be sad? So I've been confused about that.

Also, my grandpa was diagnosed with stage four stomach cancer a few weeks ago. He has 6-12 months left. He's the first of the relatives I know to be passing, and I don't know how to feel because I never really knew him well, so I feel like an emotionless blob, and then I'm upset because I wish I got to know him better.

On top of all that, I don't really know who to be friends with in real life, and if I HAVE any friends in real life, because my good friends recently started swearing a lot and using obscene hand gestures and being inappropriate in general. And I heard they were being mean to some people, although I don't know the specifics.

I also have a fever.

This stuff probably not much compared to what other people have to go through.

But yeah.

I'm sorry, Arin. ;-; The sadness will probably pass. My only advice is to try doing things you like. Listen to music. Get outside. Anything that makes you feel better. In the meanwhile, just remember that we think you're awesome, 'kay?

Oh, gosh. I know exactly how you feel with your grandpa. Something like that recently happened to me. Just...maybe try to spend more time with him? The feeling of numbness/being emotionless will pass. Trust me. I'm trying to work it out myself, so I can't offer that much advice right now. >.< Just try not to be so hard on yourself.

*general huggles and happies and muffins* Hope you feel better soon. c: You're awesome.

soph-soph27 08-14-2013 08:53 AM

Did you guys see that post on NSP yesterday? There was a poem that was titled something like that... . It's overly truthful in its MESSAGE, and it scared me. A lot. It explains a ton. The first sentence is what hooked me.

Someone once told me that
writers liked
playing god.

That's the line that stuck in my head all day. Thinking of the presumptuous idiots.

And then there was my other favorite line. The part that genuinely scared me.

(Or maybe,
we are desolate
lonely people,
even with lots of friends
and tons of money
who can't control
our lives.
So we create things that
we have power over.
So we can make them strong
when we are not.
Make them
break down
when we want to.)

I really hope you guys read it.

TheAshWolf 08-14-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 488373)
Did you guys see that post on NSP yesterday? There was a poem that was titled something like that... . It's overly truthful in its MESSAGE, and it scared me. A lot. It explains a ton. The first sentence is what hooked me.

Someone once told me that
writers liked
playing god.

That's the line that stuck in my head all day. Thinking of the presumptuous idiots.

And then there was my other favorite line. The part that genuinely scared me.

(Or maybe,
we are desolate
lonely people,
even with lots of friends
and tons of money
who can't control
our lives.
So we create things that
we have power over.
So we can make them strong
when we are not.
Make them
break down
when we want to.)

I really hope you guys read it.

O___O *runs off to read the poem*

soph-soph27 08-14-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 488411)
O___O *runs off to read the poem*

Oh goody, I influenced someone. ^-^ Isn't it fantastic?

L.S.Trendom 08-14-2013 02:20 PM

haha my mom seems to bitch about me as much as i bitch about her (and wow thank you for going from insulting me to trying to guilt me in about thirty seconds)
wow fuck i'm a worthless piece of shit