The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

soph-soph27 11-24-2012 10:24 PM

I don't know. Nowadays, when I come online I hardly recognize anyone on the main page. Things just dropped from when I first came to KP. It's so different. I'm not really a newbie anymore, nor someone who can claim a place worth mentioning on KP. I haven't had my second yearaversary yet. Maybe I'll leave. I don't know.

Lily09 11-24-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 367199)
I don't know. Nowadays, when I come online I hardly recognize anyone on the main page. Things just dropped from when I first came to KP. It's so different. I'm not really a newbie anymore, nor someone who can claim a place worth mentioning on KP. I haven't had my second yearaversary yet. Maybe I'll leave. I don't know.

Don't leave. C'mon, soph. I've been here for three years, you can get through a few more months.

soph-soph27 11-24-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 367201)
Don't leave. C'mon, soph. I've been here for three years, you can get through a few more months.

You seem determined. How did anyone make it to three years? I'm being selfish. You're right. Compared to what I've seen, you've seen countless generations of Kpers pass along. I'm sorry.

soph-soph27 11-24-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 367198)
My mom's okay with me being Atheist, and so's my brother. They don't care at all.
Today I was talking to my dad, and he's like, "You're Bhuddist." and I replied, "No, I'm Atheist. I don't have a religion." His response was, "No, our family is Bhuddist. You're Bhuddist."
Even though I'm still not changing to Bhuddist, it kind of upset me that he didn't accept it. I can think for my own, and aren't parents supposed to encourage children to be themselves and form their own thoughts?

I can't exactly say I relate, but that sounds upsetting. I myself am a Deist.

Lily09 11-24-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 367202)
You seem determined. How did anyone make it to three years? I'm being selfish. You're right. Compared to what I've seen, you've seen countless generations of Kpers pass along. I'm sorry.

I'm planning on leaving WB soon. I mean, I've already pretty much left the mainsite. My name's logged in, but I rarely even do anything. *shrugs* Just hang out on WB.
There's always some good members in the new generation.
Sure, Sagar and SS and all the other 09'ers are gone, but LST came in 2010 and so did Kay(but she left) and Sandy.
Some people in 2011, I mainly talked to LJM(who is also from 2009) and LST and some others.
And now it's 2012, where KidPub seems to being going downhill, but hey there's nngo. She's not like a lot of the newer members that just seem to want, "your story is amazing blah blah!". She's really cool. I know I'm forgetting a lot, but I'm just naming the people off the top of my head that I talk frequently.

I've felt like there were people that were at the top like LST, TheAshWolf, WolfWriter, and Sandy. Popular for amazing stories, being mature, and being amazing KidPubbians.
And then there's people who are also at the top-ish but slightly less below like nngo, wildwolf, maxi, AA. They mainly got popular from good stories, being mature, being awesome, and posting on Writers Block alot.
Then there's people like you and I(I think I'm over here?) and HeatherB and meerkat and Owen who are pretty well known and people will stop by to say, "Hello, how are you doing?" and have a conversation. We get here for good stories, but maybe we came in when our generation is dwindling or when the times were bad so our stories didn't get noticed. We post on WB pretty frequently and we're awesome, just like the majority on KidPub.
Then there are the newer generation, who nobody on WB really recognizes because we're mostly from 2010 or 2011. Most of them are okayish but we don't know them too well.
Sounds a lot like highschool right xD Well, at least that is how I class KPers. But don't worry, just hang on in there and talk to people.

meerkat 11-25-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 367198)
My mom's okay with me being Atheist, and so's my brother. They don't care at all.
Today I was talking to my dad, and he's like, "You're Bhuddist." and I replied, "No, I'm Atheist. I don't have a religion." His response was, "No, our family is Bhuddist. You're Bhuddist."
Even though I'm still not changing to Bhuddist, it kind of upset me that he didn't accept it. I can think for my own, and aren't parents supposed to encourage children to be themselves and form their own thoughts?

i don't like hinduism. it's just complete nonsense to me, and i only pretend to believe it. but my parents don't understand. my dad's okay with it, but my mom and basically all my other relatives are trying to get me to stop being atheist. just don't listen to your parents. you can pretend to be buddhist, but don't actually believe in the stuff.

nngo 11-25-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 367227)
I'm planning on leaving WB soon. I mean, I've already pretty much left the mainsite. My name's logged in, but I rarely even do anything. *shrugs* Just hang out on WB.
Sure, Sagar and SS and all the other 09'ers are gone, but LST came in 2010 and so did Kay(but she left) and Sandy.
Some people in 2011, I mainly talked to LJM(who is also from 2009) and LST and some others.
And now it's 2012, where KidPub seems to being going downhill, but hey there's nngo. She's not like a lot of the newer members that just seem to want, "your story is amazing blah blah!". She's really cool. I know I'm forgetting a lot, but I'm just naming the people off the top of my head that I talk frequently.

I've felt like there were people that were at the top like LST, TheAshWolf, WolfWriter, and Sandy. Popular for amazing stories, being mature, and being amazing KidPubbians.
And then there's people who are also at the top-ish but slightly less below like nngo, wildwolf, maxi, AA. They mainly got popular from good stories, being mature, being awesome, and posting on Writers Block alot.
Then there's people like you and I(I think I'm over here?) and HeatherB and meerkat and Owen who are pretty well known and people will stop by to say, "Hello, how are you doing?" and have a conversation. We get here for good stories, but maybe we came in when our generation is dwindling or when the times were bad so our stories didn't get noticed. We post on WB pretty frequently and we're awesome, just like the majority on KidPub.
Then there are the newer generation, who nobody on WB really recognizes because we're mostly from 2010 or 2011. Most of them are okayish but we don't know them too well.
Sounds a lot like highschool right xD Well, at least that is how I class KPers. But don't worry, just hang on in there and talk to people.

I see where you're getting that. I have had my doubts about Kidpub, as I do not find it 'fitting' to post my works on anymore. I don't quite have a *use* for KP anymore, but I don't mind staying on WB and just lurking. Sometimes I come across a good story on the NSP, though, and it's slightly uplifting. And yes, I have also been struck with the 'old' symptom, quite early on. The 'old' symptom of finding it hard to relate with the new people, finding the new people confusing, finding the new stories less interesting, and finding the next generation even more decadent than the last. Kind of depressing, but it is more often than not.

And me? Cool? Psshaw. xD But thank you, I appreciate being *cool* once in a while. :P

I plan on staying on WB further, maybe just as a lurker, as I don't really have much to do or much to say, really, but I would be officially 'staying' until I decide that there is absolutely nothing left for me, which is highly unlikely, as LST has not finished his Slender KP story yet. :P And yeah, KP is kind of turning out like 'high school' nowadays.

Lily09 11-25-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 367290)
i don't like hinduism. it's just complete nonsense to me, and i only pretend to believe it. but my parents don't understand. my dad's okay with it, but my mom and basically all my other relatives are trying to get me to stop being atheist. just don't listen to your parents. you can pretend to be buddhist, but don't actually believe in the stuff.

I don't really like pretending, because I'd rather be who I am than pretend to be someone I'm not.

Lily09 11-25-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nngo (Post 367299)
I see where you're getting that. I have had my doubts about Kidpub, as I do not find it 'fitting' to post my works on anymore. I don't quite have a *use* for KP anymore, but I don't mind staying on WB and just lurking. Sometimes I come across a good story on the NSP, though, and it's slightly uplifting. And yes, I have also been struck with the 'old' symptom, quite early on. The 'old' symptom of finding it hard to relate with the new people, finding the new people confusing, finding the new stories less interesting, and finding the next generation even more decadent than the last. Kind of depressing, but it is more often than not.

And me? Cool? Psshaw. xD But thank you, I appreciate being *cool* once in a while. :P

I plan on staying on WB further, maybe just as a lurker, as I don't really have much to do or much to say, really, but I would be officially 'staying' until I decide that there is absolutely nothing left for me, which is highly unlikely, as LST has not finished his Slender KP story yet. :P And yeah, KP is kind of turning out like 'high school' nowadays.

Yeah, I just hang around on WB. It's kind of terrible that you had to join in 2012, you would have loved 2010 and 2011.

Yes, you're cool ^_^ Or uncool, if you're going by Gerard Way's quote, "Stop trying to be cool, because you'll never be cool." or i dunno but youre awesome

bookworm1999 11-25-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 367227)

Then i'm with you, been here for about two years and nobody has really cared about me :/