The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cutting (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2205)

Emmalyce 01-09-2012 04:37 PM

Cutting

So, cutting. I'm pretty sure there are at least a few of you on here that know what it's like.

What's your best advice on how to stop?

Also, any help in the area of depression would be appreciated. Please refrain from arguments.

01-09-2012 04:44 PM

Well first, why are you cutting? And second, read the Bible and try to find a new habit to replace cutting with. Example: chewing gum. And make a conscience effort to stop cutting and get rid of the problem @ its source. Good luck:)

Emmalyce 01-09-2012 04:48 PM

Don't worry about that but, I read the Bible and everything. I know what it says about cutting. But somehow that doesn't help. It used to.

The problem is I can't seem to let myself be happy. And the things in the way aren't under my control.. But thank you.

Jean 01-09-2012 04:50 PM

Well, it depends why you're cutting. I think if instead of cutting you could do something else, and I don't mean hurt yourself in a different way, find something else to substitute cutting yourself. Like you could draw butterflies on your arm or hip whenever you want to cut. You could also get help. Whether your telling a teacher or your best friend, they will know you better, and will be able to help you better than some random kids online.

Emmalyce 01-09-2012 05:03 PM

I may try the butterflies, actually. Thanks <:3 I don't think it's so much of a habit, as a "I deserve this" thing. Especially after a hard day >.>

Jean 01-09-2012 07:35 PM

Your welcome anything to help! And even if I don't know you, you can always talk to me when you need to talk to someone, I'm here for anyone who needs to talk or needs help. You don't deserve the cuts also. You deserve butterflies, something that will make you happy instead of sad.

Ruza 01-12-2012 07:12 AM

Dude, you need to talk to someone. One minute it's cutting, the next minute it's tying a rope around your neck. Punch your pride in the face, and get help.

AlgebraAddict 01-12-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruza (Post 235596)
Dude, you need to talk to someone. One minute it's cutting, the next minute it's tying a rope around your neck. Punch your pride in the face, and get help.

Hmmm, Ruza seems to have gotten better at advice. ^.^ *claps* I know, I'm such an evil person.

Yeah, try drawing butterflies. ^.^

Emmalyce 01-12-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruza (Post 235596)

It's not a matter of pride, it's more a matter of not having anyone sane to talk to, that isn't already under enough stress of their own. Like my Mom.

But it's been three days now, so... *shrugs* Last time I got twenty before relapsing. Maybe it'll be for good this time. I don't think I'd go so far as suicide.

Emmalyce 01-12-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 235636)
Hmmm, Ruza seems to have gotten better at advice. ^.^ *claps* I know, I'm such an evil person.

Yeah, try drawing butterflies. ^.^

Esther, you're an awesome person, but so is Ruza. And I'm afraid it's this kind of remark (above) that has the potential to start an argument. I have enough fighting at home, so it would be nice if I didn't have to deal with it on the threads I start. I want to be friends with both of you..