The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What Am I Supposed To DO?! (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=1896)

SaddleAngel 09-27-2011 12:50 PM

What Am I Supposed To DO?!

My mom is just being a witch all the time. B-B-B-B- witch. Anyways.
So today she was being a donkey, and I don't even know what started it. I rolled my eyes or something minimal and stupid and could've been ignored- BUT NO. She's being all sassy with me, and crap like that. Then, a few shouts later, she tells me in short that I have to decide whether I want to go to my friend's thirteenth birthday party (which, I can't even sleep over for, one perk of homeschooling that I CAN'T DO...), or if I want to go and ride my horse (which I really need to work him, haven't ridden him since last Thurs, AND my friend Abby is counting on me for a ride.). So yeah. THEN I go downstairs and APOLOGIZE to her (with a bit of attitude, but that's to be expected, right?) and she starts on a tirade on how I'm "starting to be a burden on my family" and how it would be possibly "good" if I went to a public high school next year instead of homeschooling! Oh, thank you! :/ AKA- mom, you suck. :/ WHAT IN THE NAME OF PICKLE JARS SHOULD I DO?!?!?! She's like impossible to please! She is on my case ALL THE FREAKING TIME about EVERYTHING! Literally! She started telling me off one day when I was practicing violin on my posture, saying how this girl (who is an absolute jerk) had really good posture and could I do that? O_O I was like, NO WAY ARE YOU SAYING THIS! Because she has never taken lessons on an instrument except for guitar when she was young, and she quit that because she NEVER practiced, literally! :/ And then she is all like, "I really want you to get straight A's for this year in all your subjects!" And then she also is all, "Oh, are you happy with that?" when I said that i got Second Violin, Third Chair in my orchestra, implying through body language that she wasn't. And then she just opens the door (KNOWING that I'm in a Latin class right now) and hands me a note that's supposed to be an apology (I think?), "I am tired of being treated lieka servant. Think about my life... I willingly and gladly put you kids first. Baseball, horseback riding, etc., etc., etc. But when you are rude with words or gestures, I cannot belittle myself any longer." THE END. No sorry, no love you, NOTHING.
So yah. :/ And KP (hahaha, she doesn't know about Writer's Block... :P), and both my email accounts are suspended for TWO WEEKS 'cause I made a small sex JOKE! to my neighbor(I wasn't being rude, it was pretty funny, AND it fit the conversation. So it's not like I was really a bad girl or whatever. It was kind of fitting to the moment). So yeah. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!
Gosh, at least I have my music and WB and my dad. :/

AlgebraAddict 09-27-2011 01:07 PM

You're probably overreacting, but I think that you should try your hardest to become as independant as possible.

How old are you?

SaddleAngel 09-27-2011 01:14 PM

:/

Ah, the best age- 13. *voice drips with sarcasm* You?
I probably am...

AlgebraAddict 09-27-2011 01:19 PM

Yeah, ten. :P Third or fourth youngest on here. There is CrazyCat, who's birthday is after mine, and Natalee.

I think we're the only people on W/B right now.

SaddleAngel 09-27-2011 01:22 PM

Hahaha

Lucky you, :) In all seriousness, being oldest sucks. :/

AlgebraAddict 09-27-2011 04:33 PM

Oh, I meant on Kidpub. I'm actually the oldest of five.

Sandy 09-27-2011 04:46 PM

Alright... looks to me like both of you have your issues, but since I can't talk to your mom, I may as well talk to you. ^_^
I have gone through this situation as well, about the instrument, spazzing-out-ness, and pretty much everything else you just mentioned. My mom is very hot-tempered and screamy and cursy and, as much as this is difficult for the family and has stopped me from telling her important things many a time, we're learning quite quickly how to deal with this... even me. XD All it takes is a little understanding... you two need to have a talk without raising your voices or anything, which is a challenge, but if voices are raised then things tend to escalate and nothing gets anywhere, trust me.
It is impossible for us as kids to imagine what a good parent sacrifices for us. We automatically think, "*snobby voice* Nyeahh? Well, nahnhjnskadkjhajk! Kjhsjhda!" or whatever reason... because I have done it countless times.
It is hard for us to understand how much work and planning goes into our registration of extracurricular activities as well... honestly, I would be terrified if I were caught in the raging storm of thoughts that must be a parent's mind--they have to deal with everything that they keep a secret from us, like bills, work, food, food costs, cooking... the list goes on and on, and I'm sure I don't have to state what a challenge a teenage kid can be to a parent.
(*Also, sex jokes can be extremely offensive, depending on the mood the person is in. Just saying. I find sex jokes rather immature beyond immature, but I just play along because it's the type of world we live in.*)
But it is also your mom. I gather that she wasn't like this before so much as she is now... The way she is trying to steer you in the direction that she wants you to go must be extremely irritating to you... (I've experienced this as well). I think that instead of using juvenile eye-rolls and scoffs and other means of body language, you should find her in an open-minded mood and have a serious conversation with her about how you feel without raising your voice or anything and be as persistent as possible if she continues to be stubborn. Naturally, you owe her an apology... but she owes you one just as much.
I bid you good luck, my friend, and hope that this misunderstanding resolves soon! :) (*flies away on an umbrella*)