The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Questions, Answers, Suggestions (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   KidPub Renaissance Project (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4652)

SilverMoon 04-07-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 594643)
Ena, I love you for this, and for every project you've started. I'm totally on board. I think I may end up being a good bridge between the oldies and the newbies, because I usually err on the side of child-friendly writing and hate conflict. I've tried to more or less give up procrastination for Lent, so I haven't been on as much as usual, but after Easter I can totally put more energy into KidPub, especially commenting. I've really slowed down on commenting, hmm.

Short version: I want to help!

I had an idea a while ago that sounded really silly to me, so I didn't tell anyone about it. I was thinking that maybe some of us could be KidPub Sentinels, committing to being on at a certain time weekly, so that it's more likely for two people to come on at once? The idea was also not complete, so I didn't think too much about it. Tell me what you think, and if maybe it would be compatible or helpful with others of your ideas (such as, maybe Sentinels could also be like reporters/scouts and give summaries of things that happened on KidPub (and also maybe KidMUD) while they were on?)

I'm also interested in reconciling KidPub and KidMUD. There used to be stories that centered around KidMUD and discussions on the AN and WB about it, and I would be very, very interested in seeing those discussions come back into popularity.

That's just some things that have been chasing themselves around my mind. I'd love to know your opinion.

Thank you very much. I like your ideas as well.

melanberry 04-07-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 594632)
  • The Age Gap
There are two distinct age groups on KidPub: the younger, lighter-and-softer members, and the older, darker-and-edgier members. The younger members don't like the cursing or mature topics that older members post, when they should be learning something from their seniors. The older members feel like their writing is too mature for a "kids" site, they feel like they're getting too old. They also feel like the younger members are immature and don't interact with them when they should be giving guidance to their juniors. The groups don't interact with each other, which really hinders the whole "close-knit, supportive community" thing.

Am I the only one who feels like they don't fit into either of these categories?

SilverMoon 04-07-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melanberry (Post 594646)
Am I the only one who feels like they don't fit into either of these categories?

No, now that I think about it there is a middle ground, and I think you guys will be crucial in bridging the gap :)

SilverMoon 04-07-2017 07:22 PM

also, check out the new art thread I made in the Randomize forum! :)

pluzzle 04-07-2017 11:27 PM

Hey, I'd love to help. I've been on here for 5 years now and I've witnessed a few of those eras haha.
I'm trying to get back into writing. At the very least, I'll be commenting more, even if I don't post much.

Bring on the rennaisance!! :)

P.S Silvermoon in your bio it says "namefluid" and I wanted to say how relatable that is l m a o

SilverMoon 04-08-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 594655)
Hey, I'd love to help. I've been on here for 5 years now and I've witnessed a few of those eras haha.
I'm trying to get back into writing. At the very least, I'll be commenting more, even if I don't post much.

Bring on the rennaisance!! :)

P.S Silvermoon in your bio it says "namefluid" and I wanted to say how relatable that is l m a o

That's good to hear! :)

l m a o riiiiiight?

Gracithe1andonly 04-08-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melanberry (Post 594646)
Am I the only one who feels like they don't fit into either of these categories?

I feel the same! I've been here for three years, which means I saw the tail end of the Taco Era, but I don't think I qualify as edgy lol. How long have you been here?

melanberry 04-08-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 594658)
I feel the same! I've been here for three years, which means I saw the tail end of the Taco Era, but I don't think I qualify as edgy lol. How long have you been here?

I've been here since April 2013, I think. Idk, I was such a stupid newbie that I didn't even know how to comment on stuff. Don't expect me to know what era it was lol.
Anyways, I disappeared after about three months, then came back in January 2016. So, you could either say I'm a 1 year old or about 4 years old.

Gracithe1andonly 04-14-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melanberry (Post 594661)
I've been here since April 2013, I think. Idk, I was such a stupid newbie that I didn't even know how to comment on stuff. Don't expect me to know what era it was lol.
Anyways, I disappeared after about three months, then came back in January 2016. So, you could either say I'm a 1 year old or about 4 years old.

Wow. You've been here for both four years and one. That's really cool!

GingerFur 04-26-2017 09:06 PM

So.. even though im new to kp, i'd like to help. :p


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.