The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Questions, Answers, Suggestions (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   KidPub Renaissance Project (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4652)

SilverMoon 04-26-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerFur (Post 594775)
So.. even though im new to kp, i'd like to help. :p

thanks nn~~

Steampunk 05-01-2017 09:33 PM

Hey, I'm pretty late to this, aren't I? Heh heh... well anyway... this sounds great! I'd love to help in any way I can and I'm trying to get back into the habit of contributing to KP (in fact, I'm actually working on something right now and will hopefully be posting it by the end of the week). If you need any help with anything specific just let me know! I probably won't be very useful but I'll certainly try!
Anyway, on the matter of the Kidpub House Project.. perhaps we should all try contributing to that? Honestly I'm not sure how well it work but it seems to be getting people enthusiastic and drawing us together so I think we should give it a chance, try to improve it. If it fails we can always move on to the next idea. But then again it could have the opposite effect and instead create a divide between houses... hmm... yes, that might be a problem. I don't think anyone has any chance of stopping the idea from being put into place at this point, there are too many people involved. But we can still make sure it's safer. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make sure the kidpub community still stays together instead of splitting up? Am I just babbling nonsense? Should I stop talking now? The answer is yes

SilverMoon 05-04-2017 09:24 AM

https://www.kidpub.com/monthly <-- if you look at the monthly archives, you can see that monthly posts are at pretty much an all-time low. But, in March, there were 108 posts, and in April there were 141 posts. At least this is a small improvement.

I think our goal should be to raise the monthly posts little by little, always trying to be better than the last month.

Lavinia 05-16-2017 07:59 AM

WoW. I am so proud of Kidpub. There have been so many ways that we've started to try bringing more people to Kidpub. I even though I left for a small amount of time. I am H.A.P.P.Y. to be back, and see these changes.

SilverMoon 05-16-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavinia (Post 594933)
WoW. I am so proud of Kidpub. There have been so many ways that we've started to try bringing more people to Kidpub. I even though I left for a small amount of time. I am H.A.P.P.Y. to be back, and see these changes.

:) thanks

Even with the house project, I will continue the larger rproject

Lily09 05-18-2017 05:43 PM

List Of Glitches/bugs

can we compile a list of glitches/bugs? i'll email them off to perry once we've covered them all.

i'll start:
-the broken see all stories page
-view count at the bottom of stories
-the black, empty pages when some people try to post stories
-the search bar

melanberry 05-18-2017 07:43 PM

-Most popular stories
-Writing Contest
-Free Book Monday (i don't think this counts)

SilverMoon 05-18-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 594998)
can we compile a list of glitches/bugs? i'll email them off to perry once we've covered them all.

i'll start:
-the broken see all stories page
-view count at the bottom of stories
-the black, empty pages when some people try to post stories
-the search bar

This is a good idea.

Garrett 05-20-2017 02:34 PM

I just read an old post from 2013 about the "horrible quality of writing on kidpub" where the person basically bashed everyone who posted character contests, fanfic, etc. It really pissed me off.
But I also realized that kidpub has been slowly slipping into the dark ages for three or four years now, and we've only just begun to notice it. So maybe right now kidpub is slowly glowing up and we just haven't noticed yet.

Lily09 05-20-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett (Post 595036)
I just read an old post from 2013 about the "horrible quality of writing on kidpub" where the person basically bashed everyone who posted character contests, fanfic, etc. It really pissed me off.
But I also realized that kidpub has been slowly slipping into the dark ages for three or four years now, and we've only just begun to notice it. So maybe right now kidpub is slowly glowing up and we just haven't noticed yet.

actually we have been saying that its the dark ages since like 2014 i believe???? but it actually IS the dark ages now and actually IS at its worst