The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Randomize (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Reminisce (a place to talk about all your kidpub memories) (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4565)

smartgal00 01-13-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 601719)
Honestly, I don't bother to censor myself on the forums, though I'll tend to censor swearing for the sake of professionalism on the mainsite

I just try to avoid swearing on all forums but EVT, I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 (Post 601720)
I'd almost forgotten about these memories before you mentioned them lol
They are less prominent for me though, since I was never active on WB back in the day, I couldn't understand it and thought no one used it
None of the names I use on this site are "real names" or they might be; none of these are my legal names since my only legal name is in Chinese (and then English, spelled phonetically) but my given name in English is Lillian BUT I've been here so long I also respond to Jill irl accidentally (the name comes up in English textbooks, so)

I was on KP, like, everyday in middle school, but I almost never wrote on NSP and instead just conversed with people on the forums, haha.
I've always been Rachel on here, but I also will respond to CAC.

01-21-2019 06:12 PM

when i changed my username to 69 and i didn't know what it meant





*inhale*

Werty 01-23-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syafai (Post 601811)
when i changed my username to 69 and i didn't know what it meant





*inhale*

oh my god

haha

hey, how old are you? What grade? I'm almost positive you're my age due to a post saying you were 2 years in 2009

Owen-L 10-02-2019 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 601462)
Me too!! Kp Instagram chat has brought the news that Perry is actively working on updates btw!! So hopefully we can get things going more again!

wait, there's a kp instagram chat???

probably wont get a reply to this buut it's worth a try

10-02-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werty (Post 601820)
oh my god

haha

hey, how old are you? What grade? I'm almost positive you're my age due to a post saying you were 2 years in 2009

oops this is a little late

i was in like 4th or 5th grade probably 9 or 10

HannahChen2009 10-07-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen-L (Post 602739)
wait, there's a kp instagram chat???

probably wont get a reply to this buut it's worth a try

I used to be in it but then I'm pretty sure someone didn't recognize my user, thought I was a rando, and kicked me out lmao. I tried to rejoin but I think the group hit its member limit, which is a shame.

Ena probs still has it, so asking them is probably the quickest

also my IG is @echomoon_ if you wanna hmu. I follow a few kpers to keep in touch and stuff :D

HannahChen2009 10-07-2019 11:08 AM

oh god I was looking at my profile and saw "Occupation: Nikki's Father" (I think it was because i was going to be the one to walk her down the aisle in the Nilent wedding lmao)
geez how the times have changed
I miss everything about early kp and it's not even a "kp's pretty dead now" thing, it's just a "I was young and not depressed and genuinely enjoying life and not stressed" thing.

Arin 03-14-2021 07:37 AM

hi to anyone reading,

i suddenly remembered kidpub and wanted to post! i'm finishing up year 2 of college and haven't visited wb in over 2 years wow. and over 8 years on kp is pretty impressive imo. even though i was only active for like 3.

i guess my favorite memory of kidpub was probably the day i joined the site. i remember the excitement of realizing that there existed this community of kid writers and just reading through nsp and wanting to fit in. i really wish i remember how i found kidpub in the first place. i wish i kept up writing! i have other hobbies now, but writing will always hold a special place for me because of the people i've met through it. hope everyone's doing well.

-arin

Gracithe1andonly 03-15-2021 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arin (Post 603335)
hi to anyone reading,

i suddenly remembered kidpub and wanted to post! i'm finishing up year 2 of college and haven't visited wb in over 2 years wow. and over 8 years on kp is pretty impressive imo. even though i was only active for like 3.

i guess my favorite memory of kidpub was probably the day i joined the site. i remember the excitement of realizing that there existed this community of kid writers and just reading through nsp and wanting to fit in. i really wish i remember how i found kidpub in the first place. i wish i kept up writing! i have other hobbies now, but writing will always hold a special place for me because of the people i've met through it. hope everyone's doing well.

-arin

hey-- sounds like you're just sticking your head in to say hi so don't feel obligated to reply but i just love it when oldies say hi

can't resist saying hi back

favorite kp memory might be when I was spamming the A/N and everybody was so very kind to me. i was an immature child and tolerated :') it was lovely.

i know our active sections didn't overlap much, so it's good to meet you, Arin--better late than never.

AlgebraAddict 05-29-2021 03:22 AM

I've met a great many people on this site, a couple of whom I've now met in person as well. I am indebted to all of them. :) Miss you guys

Gracithe1andonly 06-03-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 603427)
I've met a great many people on this site, a couple of whom I've now met in person as well. I am indebted to all of them. :) Miss you guys

Missing you as well, Esther. How are you?

venika 07-09-2021 02:58 AM

confession:
i miss this site

honestly i dont really think i talked much on here or at least as much as i wanted to, out of shyness mostly. which was so dumb. but everyone on here had such a big impact on me, like seriously, i learned so much not just about writing but about growing up and stuff

anyway now i'm halfway through college and i kinda hate it shh but yeah :) if anyone wants to catch up or talk my twitter is @sharklasersgirl and my instagram's @finnyv. okay cool.

Gracithe1andonly 07-26-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venika (Post 603551)
confession:
i miss this site

honestly i dont really think i talked much on here or at least as much as i wanted to, out of shyness mostly. which was so dumb. but everyone on here had such a big impact on me, like seriously, i learned so much not just about writing but about growing up and stuff

anyway now i'm halfway through college and i kinda hate it shh but yeah :) if anyone wants to catch up or talk my twitter is @sharklasersgirl and my instagram's @finnyv. okay cool.

hey i miss you too!

college is meh. i'm having the best time i can under the circumstances but trying to adult and learn stuff and work while All This (tm) is happening? meh.

i hope you have the best life for what it's worth. i'll catch up once i have a kp/internet specific instagram

just checked out your twitter. it is cool

Gracithe1andonly 07-29-2021 05:30 PM

i've been here eight years today
and i can't seem to stay away.
the past is gone, the future veiled,
and what's the present? have we failed?

hope may be precarious,
but this is not nefarious:
though i may not be socially deft,
i'll stay here 'til there's nothing left.

SilverMoon 10-08-2022 02:12 AM

bro i am so unbelievably sad i miss kidpub so much

Read_Write 11-17-2022 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 603635)
bro i am so unbelievably sad i miss kidpub so much

me toooooo

hi it's been a while :')


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.