The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Contests (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   THE WRITER *Similar to The Voice, if you've heard of it. Please enter!* (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3483)

Arin 06-19-2013 08:31 AM

THE WRITER *Similar to The Voice, if you've heard of it. Please enter!*
 
:p I know I've tried this before with Writica, and I'm going to try again. Let me explain. There will be four judges, and they will give me their email. Each judge has four spots on their team. After contestants submit their entries, I will send the entry by email to the judges, the author being anonymous. Each judge will decide if they want the person on their team, and why. I will relay the message back to the contestant and the contestant will choose their coach. After I get enough contestants, I'll add on the information for Round Two.

I need four judges to be elected. Request for a judging spot by filling out this form:

Name:
Been on KP for_ *(No. of months or years and months)*:
Why I would make a good judge *(I don't know just fill it out ;D)*:

I will pick and choose four judges. The judges need to send me their email so we can keep in touch. Deadline for forms will be June 30th.

Nominees:
Sophie (Minimalist)
Lydia


Now for the contestants. Just request, and I'll put you down. You need to submit an entry; a piece of writing no more than 2000 words long, writing does not have to be new. Deadline for pieces is July 15th, although it is subject to change if more time is needed.

Contestants:
SilverMoon
Max
Cami
Lena

I'll take only up to eighteen contestants.


Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's begin! If you have any questions, just ask. ;)

soph-soph27 06-19-2013 08:47 AM

Hi Arin. I kind of want to compete, but I hope you'll do another competition like this afterwards?

Name: Sophie. (Minimalist on the MainSite)
Been on KP for_ *(No. of months or years and months)*: 2 years and about a month.
Why I would make a good judge *(I don't know just fill it out ;D)*: I'm impartial to different pieces of writing, so any friendships won't affect me. I have the personality to make long term decisions.

Thanks. :'D

Oh, and if I don't get chosen for a judge, I'm entering, so can you put me as a possible contestant?

SilverMoon 06-19-2013 05:00 PM

May I be a contestant?

Qs:
When is the deadline?
Also, do you have to write something new? (I'm probably going to anyway but I want to know in case the deadline comes up too fast)
So are there multiple rounds?

Arin 06-19-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 469760)
May I be a contestant?

Qs:
When is the deadline?
Also, do you have to write something new? (I'm probably going to anyway but I want to know in case the deadline comes up too fast)
So are there multiple rounds?

Yeah, multiple rounds. I edited and added the deadlines for round one information.

Arin 06-19-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 469626)
Hi Arin. I kind of want to compete, but I hope you'll do another competition like this afterwards?

Name: Sophie. (Minimalist on the MainSite)
Been on KP for_ *(No. of months or years and months)*: 2 years and about a month.
Why I would make a good judge *(I don't know just fill it out ;D)*: I'm impartial to different pieces of writing, so any friendships won't affect me. I have the personality to make long term decisions.

Thanks. :'D

Oh, and if I don't get chosen for a judge, I'm entering, so can you put me as a possible contestant?

If it's successful, I'll probably come back with this another time.

soph-soph27 06-19-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arin (Post 469796)
If it's successful, I'll probably come back with this another time.

Awesome. Again, if I'm not chosen, please put me down as a contestant.

Read_Write 06-19-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 469801)
Awesome. Again, if I'm not chosen, please put me down as a contestant.

Name: Lydia
Been on KP for_ *(No. of months or years and months)*: Let's see... A year, four months, and a week. :D
Why I would make a good judge *(I don't know just fill it out ;D)*:
Well, I guess I love all writing and I think it would be fun. Also, I watch the Voice... I dunno. But I hoep you choose me! ;)

Also, like Sophie, if I'm not chosen as a judge I would like to be a contestant, please!

(P.S. I know I was a judge on Writica, but I hope I can still be a judge in this...)

maxi 06-20-2013 02:49 AM

I'd like to be a contestant. :')

Arin 06-20-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 469760)
May I be a contestant?

Qs:
When is the deadline?
Also, do you have to write something new? (I'm probably going to anyway but I want to know in case the deadline comes up too fast)
So are there multiple rounds?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 469852)
I'd like to be a contestant. :')

I added the two of you to the contestants' list. Thank you.

camikat 06-20-2013 04:24 PM

Can I be a contestant? ^_^


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.