The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Book Clubs (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Lunar Chronicles - Fan Club (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3826)

avbhabra 02-12-2014 07:03 PM

The Lunar Chronicles - Fan Club

Well, it's just an amazing series written by Marissa Meyer. :3 And so far, I don't know anyone, anyone who reads it... save for my librarian. So... anyone? I just finished Cress and it was amazing. 8D Can't wait for Winter!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth 02-12-2014 07:44 PM

What are they about?

avbhabra 02-12-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 519680)
What are they about?

I'm not very good at explaining goods so I'll just copy/paste the synopsis of the first book. xD\

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

It's a really good series!!! You should read it! At first, I was reluctant, but I gradually came to like it. And then the third book just blew me away. :33

Elizabeth 02-12-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avbhabra (Post 519693)
I'm not very good at explaining goods so I'll just copy/paste the synopsis of the first book. xD\

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

It's a really good series!!! You should read it! At first, I was reluctant, but I gradually came to like it. And then the third book just blew me away. :33

Sounds cool! Though, for some reason it made me think of Cinderella. You know, Cinder sounds like Cinderella, stepmother, stepsister, a handsome prince. Just saying. My mind works in mysterious ways. :D But it sounds great! I might try it sometime if I can find it at the library! Thanks for explaining it!

avbhabra 02-12-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 519710)
Sounds cool! Though, for some reason it made me think of Cinderella. You know, Cinder sounds like Cinderella, stepmother, stepsister, a handsome prince. Just saying. My mind works in mysterious ways. :D But it sounds great! I might try it sometime if I can find it at the library! Thanks for explaining it!

Anytime!! And i forgot to mention, it actually is like Cinderella on purpose. xD It's in the genre for the retelling of fairy tales so each novels follows a Disney princess, but, like, it's changed? It's kind of hard to explain, I guess. In the first book, there are the sisters, the stepmother, the ball, etc. but it's also original at the same time, with another, bigger plot going on. It's... really good. xD

maxi 02-28-2014 06:16 AM

I got Cinder today. :3 I still need to finish Prodigy (Legend, #2) but I still can't wait to read it. 8D

avbhabra 02-28-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 521103)
I got Cinder today. :3 I still need to finish Prodigy (Legend, #2) but I still can't wait to read it. 8D

OMIGOD that's awesome!!! I actually like Cress (the third one) better than the other two. I just love the characters and everything that happened. (I'd say more but I don't won't to spoil it for you >_<)

And prodigy was awesome!!!!!! Wait until you finish Champion. You will die. xD Be sure to let me know. I want to watch yet another person spazz about it. Again, I don't want to spoil it but ahhhhhhhh so many Fangirl feels. ;)

maxi 02-28-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avbhabra (Post 521127)
OMIGOD that's awesome!!! I actually like Cress (the third one) better than the other two. I just love the characters and everything that happened. (I'd say more but I don't won't to spoil it for you >_<)

And prodigy was awesome!!!!!! Wait until you finish Champion. You will die. xD Be sure to let me know. I want to watch yet another person spazz about it. Again, I don't want to spoil it but ahhhhhhhh so many Fangirl feels. ;)

I KNOW. AHAHAHAHAHAH. They had Cress at the store, but I figured that (since they didn't have Scarlet) I didn't want to get it.

OHMIGOD I NEED CHAMPION NOW.

avbhabra 03-08-2014 04:02 PM

I'm having so many fangirl feels about Cress. Mainly Thorne. xD God, Cress was my favorite book by far.

I want to reread it.

But I don't own it.

._.

Garrett 04-10-2014 07:13 PM

I finished Cinder yesterday, and I started Scarlet today. I have Cress in my room in hardback. AHAHAHhaha! It was so great. I had feels all the time and if you don't know this already, I love f.e.e.l.s. I love them. I can't wait to get into Scarlet, and I think I will fly through this series, because it took me like two or three days to read Cinder. It would usually take me like a week or a week and a half.