The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Book Cover Businesses (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   HEY!!!! See this? It's a book cover business!!!! (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4549)

melanberry 04-28-2016 10:33 PM

HEY!!!! See this? It's a book cover business!!!!
 
Hey guys! I'm starting a book cover business, and now I can make book covers for you!! (YAY!!!!!)
So if you want a book cover, just enter in the following criteria:

KP Name (what everyone knows you as):
Pen Name (what you want on the cover):
Title:
Appearance (some details that you want it to look like):
Font(s) (title/pen name):
Size (portrait/wide, not landscape. If you want landscape, I guess I could, but I've never heard of novels with landscape covers, just picture books)
Anything else:

Thanks!! In a few minutes, I'll have a sample up in my albums! (I hope!)

FrostBittenKitten 04-29-2016 08:11 PM

KP Name (what everyone knows you as): Luna
Pen Name (what you want on the cover): Luna Palamara
Title: Whispering Dawn (Book I in the Gemstone Saga)
Appearance (some details that you want it to look like): On the left side of the cover, half of the face of a young, pink-haired girl, preferably with freckles. I don't care if her eyes are open or closed but they are pink. On the right side is half of the face of a boy with yellow hair and orange eyes, and like with the girl, I don't care if they are closed or not. The girl is a pre-teen and the boy is a mid-teen. The background is plain white, and the font color is orange-pink for the title and black for the pen name.
Font(s) (title/pen name): Something big, bold, and cool looking
Size (portrait/wide, not landscape. If you want landscape, I guess I could, but I've never heard of novels with landscape covers, just picture books) Portrait
Anything else: if it's too hard, tell me. i really like this idea but I could think of an alternate one

melanberry 05-03-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 583514)
KP Name (what everyone knows you as): Luna
Pen Name (what you want on the cover): Luna Palamara
Title: Whispering Dawn (Book I in the Gemstone Saga)
Appearance (some details that you want it to look like): On the left side of the cover, half of the face of a young, pink-haired girl, preferably with freckles. I don't care if her eyes are open or closed but they are pink. On the right side is half of the face of a boy with yellow hair and orange eyes, and like with the girl, I don't care if they are closed or not. The girl is a pre-teen and the boy is a mid-teen. The background is plain white, and the font color is orange-pink for the title and black for the pen name.
Font(s) (title/pen name): Something big, bold, and cool looking
Size (portrait/wide, not landscape. If you want landscape, I guess I could, but I've never heard of novels with landscape covers, just picture books) Portrait
Anything else: if it's too hard, tell me. i really like this idea but I could think of an alternate one

I'll try, Luna! Thanks!

melanberry 05-03-2016 05:10 PM

Hey, do you care if the kids are real people or anime people or something?

melanberry 05-03-2016 09:11 PM

Is this book on KP? Just wanna read a little to see if the cover is accurate enough.

FrostBittenKitten 05-10-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melanberry (Post 583661)
Is this book on KP? Just wanna read a little to see if the cover is accurate enough.

no it's not, and i don't care if the kids are real or anime. While I would prefer more realistic looking characters, cartoonish is okay if you don't want to/can't do realistic.

melanberry 05-10-2016 05:37 PM

I'm so sorry. I really can't find pictures (yup, I even searched for pics) that fit your description, real or not, and I'm not a particularly good artist. Should I still try to draw a cover instead of making a digital one?

FrostBittenKitten 05-11-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melanberry (Post 583943)
I'm so sorry. I really can't find pictures (yup, I even searched for pics) that fit your description, real or not, and I'm not a particularly good artist. Should I still try to draw a cover instead of making a digital one?

If it's cool with you.

melanberry 05-12-2016 06:37 PM

Ok! Prepare to see something... when I'm done.

FrostBittenKitten 05-12-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melanberry (Post 584131)
Ok! Prepare to see something... when I'm done.

kk sounds good to me


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.