The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Never Ending Stories (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stuck In Something Of Some Sort Somehow NES Development Thread (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4575)

ArabellasAura 06-17-2016 05:12 PM

Stuck In Something Of Some Sort Somehow NES Development Thread

This is the first NES I've made so hopefully this works. By the way, the title hints at some things I don't mention, so acknowledge it and see how it ties into the plot. Here's the storyline we're working with:

Wallace is probably the most well-known criminal in the land of Lumathea. Yet the police only know his first name. In addition, Wallace doesn't do crimes all the time. Oh, it's much worse. He does something (a different thing each time) to make Lumathea almost collapse and lets the nation recover. Then he does it again. And again. And again. Complete torture.
In the interim between his crimes, Dr. Straton made what was supposed to be one of the best video games in the world, and then vanished. No one knows where he went. His co-workers met in the lab (where Dr. Straton made the game) to decide what to do. Along the way to the lab, people kept insisting not to save him. They thought that Dr. Straton had something to do with Wallace's crimes. When he disappeared so did Wallace.
While the scientists were discussing all this, they decided to test Dr. Straton's video game. When someone else checked the lab she noticed they were gone. They vanished just like Dr. Straton. I wonder where they went…

Here's where you guys come in. You are the group of scientists who went poof. So you have to figure out where you are and what you are doing here. Here's the form for your character:

Name:
Personality (advantages and disadvantages):
STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics):
Weapon (anything technologically advanced):
Back story (optional):

I really hope this works. I will probably make a different thread for the story, just to keep organized. Please tell me if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Here's my scientist:

Name: Jennifer Watson
Personality: She loves computers and always has one by her side. She's okay in social situations unless someone starts fiddling with her computer.
Appearance: She usually wears a lab coat when she is going to or at work, which would be the only time you ever see her come out the door of her tiny house in the middle of nowhere. She constantly has to push her short black hair out of her face and has dark brown eyes. She is a bit overweight, and not a fan of exercise.
STEM field: Technology.
Weapon: Her computer. In fact, it can transform into a robot. She never presses that button, though, unless they are in a dire situation or she needs to test it.
Back story: When she was 2 her parents divorced and she was left with her mother, who downright hated kids. Her mother abandoned her at a local orphanage where she decided to rely on computer programming to create her own private world and shut out her harsh reality.

Have fun! I need at most six other characters, so one character per person. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to post them. I'm online from 8-9 AM, 5-7 PM, and 8-9 PM, just so you know.

Steampunk 06-17-2016 06:01 PM

I'll do this later

ArabellasAura 06-17-2016 06:07 PM

Okay, as long as someone does it.

FrostBittenKitten 06-17-2016 07:10 PM

Name: Connor O'Neal
Appearance: Shaggy bright red hair, bright green eyes, pale-ish skin, tons of freckles (if you haven't guessed he is of Irish descent). Tall and gangly, and can still pass as an older teenager. (Sorry I'm being lazy rn.)
Personality (advantages and disadvantages): He is brilliant and always says what he means in a matter-of-fact manner. He can joke around, and likes nerdy jokes that have to do with things like quantum physics. (For instance: What does a subatomic duck say? Quark.) He is always messing around and making new things. He can think outside the box and is actually quite creative and is whole-brained. Connor cannot accept his being wrong, though, because if someone actually does prove him wrong he'll try and find a way to still be right. He is incredibly stubborn and can act like a spoiled five year old sometimes even though he is normally really nice. He would also sacrifice himself to save someone else; he is very selfless, sometimes too much so.
STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics): Science
Weapon (anything technologically advanced): Laser gun, or some kind of gun that he made by messing with chemicals and stuff.
Back story (optional):

ArabellasAura 06-17-2016 07:33 PM

I like your character, FrostBittenKitten! I also like your user name :)

FrostBittenKitten 06-17-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArabellasAura (Post 586312)
I like your character, FrostBittenKitten! I also like your user name :)

Thanks ;)

#tenchar

Read_Write 06-18-2016 12:18 AM

Ooh sounds fun! :)

Name: Liza Ramirez-Perez

Appearance: short but very fit/in shape; she's all muscle and goes to crossfit every morning for two hours. Liza's a hard-core athlete, can do pretty much any sport okay, but running is her favorite. She has shoulder-length, dark brown hair (so dark it's almost black) and hazel-ish/green eyes.

Personality (advantages and disadvantages): Liza is very quiet and somewhat reluctant to make relationships (see backstory). When she does, she can be a little bit too trusting, however. She tries to see the best in people and wants to believe that even when people do things they shouldn't, they're doing it for a good reason. Liza is also incredibly smart. She may not talk much, but when she does, it's definitely something worth saying. She has laser-like focus and puts 150% into everything she does.

STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics): Engineering

Weapon (anything technologically advanced): Her watch is her weapon. Normally she just has as a regular wristwatch, with the time and date and nothing else. When she's running she changes it to an exercise watch, and it keeps track of her time, distance, speed, and heart rate. And when she needs it as a weapon, she can either make it turn into a shield (yes I'm stealing this from PJ) or shoots tranquilizing darts.

Back story (optional): Liza was the middle child of three. She lived in a military family. Her dad was a navy SEAL and her mom was in the marines for a while, but her contract ended shortly after she got married. Liza's family moved around a lot and she quickly learned that any attachment she made would just have to be broken (partially why she drifted toward electronics and numbers instead of people). After graduating high school as a salutatorian (with only one B in all four years), she went to MIT to study and became a software engineer, and now writes the programs for the technology at Dr. Straton's company.

Steampunk 06-18-2016 02:32 AM

Name: Hunter Marks
Appearance: hunter has blond hair and stormy gray eyes that often reflect his emotions. He's tall and of average weight with pale skin. He alternates between glasses and contacts constantly. And he also always wears a silver necklace thingy (*dies because it's late and I'm raided and I fail*)
Personality: Hunter talks as little as possible and avoids physical contact when it's possible. He isn't the kindest person but he doesn't go out of his way to be rude. He usually just the states the facts, no matter how harsh and isn't really one for sugar coating things. However, if you gain his trust he will be extremely loyal. But be warned, don't try to get him angry, when he's in a bad mood he is not someone you want to mess with.
STEM field: technology
Weapon: His glasses can record, take pictures, access internet (holographic screens woo :P), and be used as a hacking device, etc. when he's in combat the necklace he wears (which can also be used as a hard drive) can turn into a sword
Backstory: meh, I'll do this later. It's to late right now

ArabellasAura 06-18-2016 03:06 PM

Awesome awesome awesome!!! *I start bouncing around a lot, but then realize I'm doing it and stop* Oops :) I guess I'm just predicting how all of our characters will argue with one another. I think this might turn into a great comedy if we choose to do that

Also, I'll probably leave this alone for the weekend so more people have a chance to join. If no one else joins by Monday, I'll either:
1. Spread the word that this is there
2. OR we could all make two characters each.

Have fun!

One more thing (I have to keep editing this because I'm bored), you can call me Kaitlyn, since my username's super super long

ArabellasAura 06-20-2016 10:17 AM

It's Monday and no one else has signed up! What do you guys want to do? Since there's three of you, we could make two characters each and get seven (I won't be making another character). OR we could spread the word.