The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Book Reviews (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A Mango Shaped Space (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=728)

EmmaR 06-06-2010 08:08 PM

A Mango Shaped Space

Okay, this is a really good book. I would give it 5 stars.

I'm just going to post the blurb.

Everyone thinks that I named my cat Mango because of his orange eyes, but that's not the case. I named him Mango because the sounds of his ourrs and his wheezes and his meows are all various shades of yellow-orange....
Mia appeares to be the most normal kid in her family. Her younger brother keeps a chart of all the hamburgers he's eaten. Her older sister dyes her hair a different color every week. But Mia knows she's far from ordinary. She is keeping something from everyone: sounds, numbers, and letters have color for her. When school trouble finally forces Mia to reveal her secret, she feels like a freak. She embarks on an intense journey f self-dicovery, and by the time she realizes she has isolated herself from everyone who cares about her, it's almost too late. She has to lose something very special in order to find herself.

ello.rach 06-06-2010 09:15 PM

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS BOOK!!!!
I did a report on it in 6th grade, and I'd recommend it to EVERYONE!!!
It's intriguing and completely unique!
Definitely a must read!!!!!!!!!! :D

Leia 06-16-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmar (Post 56566)
okay, This Is A Really Good Book. I Would Give It 5 Stars.

I'm Just Going To Post The Blurb.

everyone Thinks That I Named My Cat Mango Because Of His Orange Eyes, But That's Not The Case. I Named Him Mango Because The Sounds Of His Ourrs And His Wheezes And His Meows Are All Various Shades Of Yellow-orange....
Mia Appeares To Be The Most Normal Kid In Her Family. Her Younger Brother Keeps A Chart Of All The Hamburgers He's Eaten. Her Older Sister Dyes Her Hair A Different Color Every Week. But Mia Knows She's Far From Ordinary. She Is Keeping Something From Everyone: Sounds, Numbers, And Letters Have Color For Her. When School Trouble Finally Forces Mia To Reveal Her Secret, She Feels Like A Freak. She Embarks On An Intense Journey F Self-dicovery, And By The Time She Realizes She Has Isolated Herself From Everyone Who Cares About Her, It's Almost Too Late. She Has To Lose Something Very Special In Order To Find Herself.

Best Book!!!!!! I Totally Recomend It!!!!

GabiDi 06-16-2011 07:45 PM

OMPJ, that sounds epic. I'll order it from the library.

cloudwriter 07-24-2011 02:51 PM

That does sound epik. Maybe I'll have to read it soon......

lvhamsters 07-24-2011 02:56 PM

Same here .

cloudwriter 07-24-2011 02:57 PM

I know, right? :p

lvhamsters 07-24-2011 02:58 PM

Yah .

cloudwriter 07-24-2011 03:32 PM

Now we're just trying to increase our posts. XD

EmmaR 07-24-2011 08:03 PM

I'm reading another book by Wendy Mass. "Every Soul a Star". I just started it.