The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Story Ideas (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Character Game (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=56)

Lauren 10-31-2008 11:34 PM

Character Game

I made this up today while I was bored/inspired. It's sort of an exercise where you create a character using only one sentence, which must capture a major part of their personality...but in a subtle way.

For example, here are four that I came up with:

Hanna was the sort of person that her parents longed to kick out of their home.

If Zo was a bird, he would have chosen to be a swift-winged, narrow-eyed hawk, prowling with grace.

Victoire was not the sort of person you would want to walk up to on the street and ask for the time.

At least twice a day Scipio was told to be less like a boy and more like a man.

I like it because it gives you a quirky grounding point for building a character. Try it - it's really fun!

[And no one steal these names/characters. I am using them for my next book:)]

Elfin-Maiden 11-01-2008 02:27 AM

Rowan was the kind of girl who could be covered in mud but still look graceful.
Benjamin was the kind of person who you wouldn't say no to, the sword resting on his hip probably helped.

Haha, this is fun. I'll do more later. Don't take those characters, they're in my book Holding Siege.

Lauren 11-01-2008 02:28 AM

Hey cool - and I like the name "Holding Siege". Awesome.

Danish621 11-01-2008 02:59 AM

Maya didn't mind having the brain of a jack-o-lantern--she had the heart of an author anyways.

You could take away her family, and her laptop, and all of her books, but if you took away her pen and notebook, Sara is sure to kill you later.

Lisa was the girl that everyone would ask for her autograph when Jim Carrey was standing right next to her.

If Alice said something important and then die, it would be, "Tell Bonnie that...I hate her and go to freaking H*ll."

Maximum2448 11-01-2008 09:43 AM

Matt has a big heart and strong desires, sometimes his friends keep them hidden.

Callie might be geeky but she really is the most popular girl in her school.

Natalie might have been underestimated once, but the yellow belt around her waist makes that unlikely to happen again.

This is fun!

Ramissah 11-01-2008 09:46 AM

Ebony was the sort of girl, that if you just so hapenned to glance at her, you'd be instantly in love with her.

If Rilese was a candy, she'd be toffee, soft when you looked at her, but hard if you got to know her.

One look at Caree and you'd think, what a meatball but his notepad revealed much more than what met the eye.

Danish621 11-01-2008 03:37 PM

Hey I'm back!!!!!! Onwards...

If Holly could be an animal, any animal at all, she would be a unicorn, because maybe being hidden wasn't so bad.

If Bonnie could take one look at herself from another person's eyes, she wouldn't think she was mean like everyone else does, she would think that red isn't her color.

Kazel 11-01-2008 04:54 PM

Darren didn't get anything... but he got one thing: You need friends.

Time traveling made Jacob's head hurt so did his sister.

This is FUN!

VanessaP 11-01-2008 05:06 PM

From Finding Loopholes:

Bronwyn could never look at herself and admit she really is beautiful.

Mikaila can is the only one that can pull of being shy and outgoing at the same time.

Connor can wear whatever he likes and do whatever he wants to change how he looks, but whatever words he speaks will still make me melt.

Brandon can trip in from of the whole world and fall flat on his face but still make a joke from it.

Ben can say whatever he likes and still doesn't understand himself.

Josh makes sports look as easy to play as a whistle.

From My Brother Jacob:

Jacob can't seem to stay away from the field.

Morgan can wear the ugliest clothes but still be as graceful as a swan and play her game harder than ever.

Adam can change his looks completely and still be hot.

Danielle: Pointe shoes never hurt so bad.

...I'll do more later. I love this!

Redhead 11-01-2008 06:55 PM

ok, i m going to try it out....

Laura could manage to get everyone to listen just by being quiet.

Avery wore her smile as others wear their sneakers (this one was already in PB)

Stephanie is the kind of person that could spend all day inside her thoughts.

Max could be adorable and aggravating at the same time.

this is fun....