The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Twi-Hards (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Why Do We Bash? (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2411)

SeptemberLove 04-02-2012 09:20 PM

Why Do We Bash?

People on here make comments like "How could anyone think a sparkly vampire stalker and werewolf who takes his shirt off too much is a good book?"

Now, I haven't read Twillight (but I plan to soon to see what all the fuss is about) but you could make any book sound stupid with that kind of logic. :rolleyes:

LaurenM 04-03-2012 05:23 AM

I haven't either, but I've seen the movie once. On TV...
Maybe I'll try...I don't know...I think it's because of the warping the vampires and adding lots of other things so it doesn't even seem like a vampire, and that's an insult to me...ish. I like vampires, the original, bloodthirsty and creepy ones. And non-sparkly ones :D

SeptemberLove 04-03-2012 08:13 AM

Well, like someone said on the other thread, it was only the movie that made Edward sparkly. And from my experience with movie makers, *AHEM*PercyJackson*AHEM* they usually aren't a great representation of the book.

LaurenM 04-03-2012 09:55 AM

Oh...maybe now I hate Twillight less...

Rockshadow 04-03-2012 11:35 AM

I dislike Twilight because the main message is "how important it is to have a boyfriend." Percy Jackson, or Harry Potter are all like, "Discover who you are" kind of messages. Twilight....not so much. :/

GabiDi 04-03-2012 02:22 PM

Because it makes us feel good to know that there are worse authors than us. We then attack them like bloodthirsty vultures.

MandM 04-03-2012 02:45 PM

I always wondered why people don't just read it for themselves before actually saying something about it; like, I don't like Twilight because I don't like vampires, so that's why I didn't read it. But I can't tell you whether (plot-wise, grammar-wise) it's a good book or not because I haven't read it. Whereas, I can make my opinion on the Narnia books becuase I've read them before, so I can THEN give an opinion.
As the saying goes, "If you can't say something nice, at least make it sound nice when you say something bad." Wait a minute...

SeptemberLove 04-03-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 268565)
Because it makes us feel good to know that there are worse authors than us. We then attack them like bloodthirsty vultures.

:D:p:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockshadow (Post 268557)
I dislike Twilight because the main message is "how important it is to have a boyfriend." Percy Jackson, or Harry Potter are all like, "Discover who you are" kind of messages. Twilight....not so much. :/

Oh, yes! I think I read a Stephen King quote similar to that. :3

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 268551)
Oh...maybe now I hate Twillight less...

;)

SeptemberLove 04-03-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandM (Post 268594)
I always wondered why people don't just read it for themselves before actually saying something about it; like, I don't like Twilight because I don't like vampires, so that's why I didn't read it. But I can't tell you whether (plot-wise, grammar-wise) it's a good book or not because I haven't read it. Whereas, I can make my opinion on the Narnia books becuase I've read them before, so I can THEN give an opinion.
As the saying goes, "If you can't say something nice, at least make it sound nice when you say something bad." Wait a minute...

/completely agree
/decided to at least try it once
/couldt get a copy

lvhamsters 04-03-2012 07:46 PM

Yeah, I really don't get why its hated so much. I mean, the authors an AMAZING writer and the books are actually pretty good! I know I enjoyed them, but . . . yeah.....