The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

MaryElizabeth 01-21-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 411846)
Nice sig, ME. My mum is dressing up as Joan Jett for work, a rock themed day (they have dress up days :rolleyes: ) she's gonna look so weird ^^

:'D Awesome, I love Joan Jett.

Lily09 01-21-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 411859)
I feel like I'm not accepted here because I don't like certain bands, or shows, or anything. Asdfghjkl

I think from your siggy, you like MCR?
Hey, I accept you. You're nice to talk to.

LaurenM 01-21-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 411859)
I feel like I'm not accepted here because I don't like certain bands, or shows, or anything. Asdfghjkl

Me as well. That's because I haven't seen Doctor Who and Supernatural and ALL YOU TV SHOWS.
And there's no such thing as excluding here, just maybe an inability to talk to certain people about certain fandoms.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 411897)
I think from your siggy, you like MCR?
Hey, I accept you. You're nice to talk to.

Same.

HeatherB 01-21-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheezemziez (Post 410935)
This isn't really a vent, more of an observation of mine.

People say that having online friends is dangerous, bad, antisocial, and will make you awkward and obsessed with technology. But if you're actually sensible about it, then it can really be better than a lot of IRL friendships, and help you become a better person.
Whilst stuff that isn't said out loud can be misinterpreted, online conversations don't have as much pressure to answer immediately, and you are able to consider the wisdom of posting what you type as you type it. If you realize that it's something that will hurt someone, then you can just not post it.
You're able to look back on your conversations if someone does get upset, and see what you've done to offend or hurt them, so that you can apologise properly and try not to repeat the mistake.
You can't judge people on appearance (unless of course, you're doing a video chat). Whilst some people do hold the belief that judging someone by how they look is shallow and superficial, even they do change their attitudes subconsciously based on how someone looks. Online, you judge people by how they act, how good of a person they are, by who they are rather than how pretty or skinny or tall or whatever they are. And that can carry into real life to, to make you wait until you've done something other than just glimpse them to judge anyone.

Damn straight.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 411859)
I feel like I'm not accepted here because I don't like certain bands, or shows, or anything. Asdfghjkl

Hon, most of my internet friends aren't because we like the same things--it's actually because we dislike the same things, and also, because we're going through the same things (physically, mentally, emotionally, whatever). Besides, as two people have aforementioned, you're great to talk to. And I accept you as well. :')

soph-soph27 01-21-2013 12:56 PM

This is so stupid. I'm crying because a friend couldn't come over to my house to work on a project, and we don't really go to each other's houses, and even though it was last minute planning I still hoped she could come and I'm crying over this crap. I'm being stupid.

MaryElizabeth 01-21-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 412041)
This is so stupid. I'm crying because a friend couldn't come over to my house to work on a project, and we don't really go to each other's houses, and even though it was last minute planning I still hoped she could come and I'm crying over this crap. I'm being stupid.

Why is that stupid? It may be a bit of an overreaction, but it's not exactly a blast to look forward to seeing a friend and have to change plans.

soph-soph27 01-21-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 412045)
Why is that stupid? It may be a bit of an overreaction, but it's not exactly a blast to look forward to seeing a friend and have to change plans.

It's stupid because we've been planning without confirmation from parents for a week or so, and just yesterday we got a maybe from her parents, and today it's no. So I'm overreacting over something that I should have been able to see coming. Nobody likes to know something one day in advance, which is what happened to her parents.

HeatherB 01-21-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 412041)
This is so stupid. I'm crying because a friend couldn't come over to my house to work on a project, and we don't really go to each other's houses, and even though it was last minute planning I still hoped she could come and I'm crying over this crap. I'm being stupid.

Hon, don't cry. *hugs* I'm sorry my parents are stupid about last minute stuff. ;w;
Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 412065)
It's stupid because we've been planning without confirmation from parents for a week or so, and just yesterday we got a maybe from her parents, and today it's no. So I'm overreacting over something that I should have been able to see coming. Nobody likes to know something one day in advance, which is what happened to her parents.

*hugs* It's okay.

soph-soph27 01-21-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 412130)
Hon, don't cry. *hugs* I'm sorry my parents are stupid about last minute stuff. ;w;

*hugs* It's okay.

Not your fault. *hugs back*

Let's search up info online and print it out at home, and try to bring it to school tomorrow?

HeatherB 01-21-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 412141)
Not your fault. *hugs back*

Let's search up info online and print it out at home, and try to bring it to school tomorrow?

I might not be able to print it out, cuz my printer is shitty, but we'll see and I'll search as much as possible! :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.