The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   KidPub News (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Revive Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4832)

Gracithe1andonly 12-02-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603178)
i think I can guess lol! but yeah, a lot of people do have a weird relationship with it now that I think bt it haha

harry potter's a phenomenon

cancel dumbledore though

alemye10 12-03-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603179)
harry potter's a phenomenon

cancel dumbledore though

wait whats wrong with dumbledore lol.. he seems pretty chill so far hahah
maybe I'm not enough of a potterhead YET to understand :D

Gracithe1andonly 12-03-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603182)
wait whats wrong with dumbledore lol.. he seems pretty chill so far hahah
maybe I'm not enough of a potterhead YET to understand :D

he sort of slipped under the radar at first??? but while man is sympathetic
-albus dumbledore did suss things as a young man
-let harry stay in an abusive home for freakin years
-endangered his life on purpose

just . yanno not great

alemye10 12-03-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603183)
he sort of slipped under the radar at first??? but while man is sympathetic
-albus dumbledore did suss things as a young man
-let harry stay in an abusive home for freakin years
-endangered his life on purpose

just . yanno not great

yes I have been thinking about the harry one?? like obvi someone had to know his home was abusive so they just let him stay there? idk much abt the other two but ig ill find out
whos your favorite character?

Gracithe1andonly 12-03-2020 06:11 PM

obligatory soft spot for hermione :)
luna inspired me to be me unapologetically

alemye10 12-03-2020 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603185)
obligatory soft spot for hermione :)
luna inspired me to be me unapologetically

aw :)
I haven't read about Luna yet, but I've definitely heard a lot about her, plus I've seen random clips from the movies lol

Gracithe1andonly 12-03-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603186)
aw :)
I haven't read about Luna yet, but I've definitely heard a lot about her, plus I've seen random clips from the movies lol

she is such an amazing character. do you have a favorite yet?
(what books are you into? I think we both like harry potter but it's not our main thing. what is your main thing? what lives rent free in your brain? for me it's detroit: become human right now and i'm so frustrated that i can't pick my obsessions, they just attack me)

alemye10 12-05-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603187)
she is such an amazing character. do you have a favorite yet?
(what books are you into? I think we both like harry potter but it's not our main thing. what is your main thing? what lives rent free in your brain? for me it's detroit: become human right now and i'm so frustrated that i can't pick my obsessions, they just attack me)

i like hermoine, and watching her character/personality change and grow is really interesting! both ron and draco are hilarious (while very different characters, they both have some funny lines)
for me, I would have to say realistic fiction (prob why I stayed away from hp for so long) but I do struggle to find some good ones. i feel that so many young adult rf books are usually romance, and while that's fine, it is VERY repetitive lol. one book I rly liked was we were liars (although i think I was drawn more to the plot than the writing)
I've never heard of the Detroit one you mentioned? what is that about?

Gracithe1andonly 12-05-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603189)
i like hermoine, and watching her character/personality change and grow is really interesting! both ron and draco are hilarious (while very different characters, they both have some funny lines)
for me, I would have to say realistic fiction (prob why I stayed away from hp for so long) but I do struggle to find some good ones. i feel that so many young adult rf books are usually romance, and while that's fine, it is VERY repetitive lol. one book I rly liked was we were liars (although i think I was drawn more to the plot than the writing)
I've never heard of the Detroit one you mentioned? what is that about?

hermione is so cool. ron and draco are funny!! i haven't thought of them as funny before but they definitely are.

yeah romance is chill but it's hard to do it right? or originally? whenever i so much as start writing romance my entire brain goes "lol wat y u tryna do that" so most of my main characters just don't date??? i'll do romantic subplots but.

detroit: become human is a video game that wants to be a movie with so many continuity issues it isn't even funny but the characters are so wonderful that the fandom is still poppin. the main premise of detroit is that androids become ubiquitous and everybody has these human-shaped computer slaves. and then they start becoming sentient.

connor is everyone's favorite because he's in denial that he's sentient the whole time and has a really cool arc. i've been posting stuff about my headcanons and fanfiction for detroit lately. check fandom randoms

alemye10 12-06-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603190)
hermione is so cool. ron and draco are funny!! i haven't thought of them as funny before but they definitely are.

yeah romance is chill but it's hard to do it right? or originally? whenever i so much as start writing romance my entire brain goes "lol wat y u tryna do that" so most of my main characters just don't date??? i'll do romantic subplots but.

detroit: become human is a video game that wants to be a movie with so many continuity issues it isn't even funny but the characters are so wonderful that the fandom is still poppin. the main premise of detroit is that androids become ubiquitous and everybody has these human-shaped computer slaves. and then they start becoming sentient.

connor is everyone's favorite because he's in denial that he's sentient the whole time and has a really cool arc. i've been posting stuff about my headcanons and fanfiction for detroit lately. check fandom randoms

wait that sounds really interesting. how does the video game portion work?