The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   KidPub News (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Revive Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4832)

Gracithe1andonly 12-02-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603178)
i think I can guess lol! but yeah, a lot of people do have a weird relationship with it now that I think bt it haha

harry potter's a phenomenon

cancel dumbledore though

alemye10 12-03-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603179)
harry potter's a phenomenon

cancel dumbledore though

wait whats wrong with dumbledore lol.. he seems pretty chill so far hahah
maybe I'm not enough of a potterhead YET to understand :D

Gracithe1andonly 12-03-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603182)
wait whats wrong with dumbledore lol.. he seems pretty chill so far hahah
maybe I'm not enough of a potterhead YET to understand :D

he sort of slipped under the radar at first??? but while man is sympathetic
-albus dumbledore did suss things as a young man
-let harry stay in an abusive home for freakin years
-endangered his life on purpose

just . yanno not great

alemye10 12-03-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603183)
he sort of slipped under the radar at first??? but while man is sympathetic
-albus dumbledore did suss things as a young man
-let harry stay in an abusive home for freakin years
-endangered his life on purpose

just . yanno not great

yes I have been thinking about the harry one?? like obvi someone had to know his home was abusive so they just let him stay there? idk much abt the other two but ig ill find out
whos your favorite character?

Gracithe1andonly 12-03-2020 06:11 PM

obligatory soft spot for hermione :)
luna inspired me to be me unapologetically

alemye10 12-03-2020 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603185)
obligatory soft spot for hermione :)
luna inspired me to be me unapologetically

aw :)
I haven't read about Luna yet, but I've definitely heard a lot about her, plus I've seen random clips from the movies lol

Gracithe1andonly 12-03-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603186)
aw :)
I haven't read about Luna yet, but I've definitely heard a lot about her, plus I've seen random clips from the movies lol

she is such an amazing character. do you have a favorite yet?
(what books are you into? I think we both like harry potter but it's not our main thing. what is your main thing? what lives rent free in your brain? for me it's detroit: become human right now and i'm so frustrated that i can't pick my obsessions, they just attack me)

alemye10 12-05-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603187)
she is such an amazing character. do you have a favorite yet?
(what books are you into? I think we both like harry potter but it's not our main thing. what is your main thing? what lives rent free in your brain? for me it's detroit: become human right now and i'm so frustrated that i can't pick my obsessions, they just attack me)

i like hermoine, and watching her character/personality change and grow is really interesting! both ron and draco are hilarious (while very different characters, they both have some funny lines)
for me, I would have to say realistic fiction (prob why I stayed away from hp for so long) but I do struggle to find some good ones. i feel that so many young adult rf books are usually romance, and while that's fine, it is VERY repetitive lol. one book I rly liked was we were liars (although i think I was drawn more to the plot than the writing)
I've never heard of the Detroit one you mentioned? what is that about?

Gracithe1andonly 12-05-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603189)
i like hermoine, and watching her character/personality change and grow is really interesting! both ron and draco are hilarious (while very different characters, they both have some funny lines)
for me, I would have to say realistic fiction (prob why I stayed away from hp for so long) but I do struggle to find some good ones. i feel that so many young adult rf books are usually romance, and while that's fine, it is VERY repetitive lol. one book I rly liked was we were liars (although i think I was drawn more to the plot than the writing)
I've never heard of the Detroit one you mentioned? what is that about?

hermione is so cool. ron and draco are funny!! i haven't thought of them as funny before but they definitely are.

yeah romance is chill but it's hard to do it right? or originally? whenever i so much as start writing romance my entire brain goes "lol wat y u tryna do that" so most of my main characters just don't date??? i'll do romantic subplots but.

detroit: become human is a video game that wants to be a movie with so many continuity issues it isn't even funny but the characters are so wonderful that the fandom is still poppin. the main premise of detroit is that androids become ubiquitous and everybody has these human-shaped computer slaves. and then they start becoming sentient.

connor is everyone's favorite because he's in denial that he's sentient the whole time and has a really cool arc. i've been posting stuff about my headcanons and fanfiction for detroit lately. check fandom randoms

alemye10 12-06-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603190)
hermione is so cool. ron and draco are funny!! i haven't thought of them as funny before but they definitely are.

yeah romance is chill but it's hard to do it right? or originally? whenever i so much as start writing romance my entire brain goes "lol wat y u tryna do that" so most of my main characters just don't date??? i'll do romantic subplots but.

detroit: become human is a video game that wants to be a movie with so many continuity issues it isn't even funny but the characters are so wonderful that the fandom is still poppin. the main premise of detroit is that androids become ubiquitous and everybody has these human-shaped computer slaves. and then they start becoming sentient.

connor is everyone's favorite because he's in denial that he's sentient the whole time and has a really cool arc. i've been posting stuff about my headcanons and fanfiction for detroit lately. check fandom randoms

wait that sounds really interesting. how does the video game portion work?

Gracithe1andonly 12-06-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603191)
wait that sounds really interesting. how does the video game portion work?

Oh it's pretty fun! There are 3 android characters that you get to "play as" or control, and you get to guide them and help them through their journey :) You get to pick their dialogue prompts (haha sometimes the prompts are super vague and unhelpful) and do this Quick-Time Events (abbreviated QTEs) in combat or when fleeing. The three protagonists are: (MASSIVE SPOILERS SO I'LL TURN THE TEXT WHITE, HIGHLIGHT IT TO SEE IT)

-Markus, an android caretaker for a paraplegic artist. Throughout his life Markus been treated more or less as a person and, upon realizing he is sentient and going against orders, starts a revolution to set his people free. Whether he's a peaceful leader or a violent one, you get to pick, and either way he'll take Detroit by storm.
-Kara, an android housekeeper for a human disaster (and not in a good way) realizes he is abusing his daughter and breaks her code in order to save her. Kara and Alice are two lost girls trying to find their way to safety while Markus's revolution stirs things up around them.
-Connor, an android detective loaned by Cyberlife, the company that makes androids, to the Detroit police department for the express purpose of apprehending/deactivating/stopping deviants and studying deviancy and its causes. His partnership with the hardboiled, depressed Lieutenant Anderson has a profound effect on him, and you the player get to pick whether he goes against his code and helps Markus win the day, or whether he 'remains a machine' and fights Markus till one of them dies.

alemye10 12-08-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603192)
Oh it's pretty fun! There are 3 android characters that you get to "play as" or control, and you get to guide them and help them through their journey :) You get to pick their dialogue prompts (haha sometimes the prompts are super vague and unhelpful) and do this Quick-Time Events (abbreviated QTEs) in combat or when fleeing. The three protagonists are: (MASSIVE SPOILERS SO I'LL TURN THE TEXT WHITE, HIGHLIGHT IT TO SEE IT)

-Markus, an android caretaker for a paraplegic artist. Throughout his life Markus been treated more or less as a person and, upon realizing he is sentient and going against orders, starts a revolution to set his people free. Whether he's a peaceful leader or a violent one, you get to pick, and either way he'll take Detroit by storm.
-Kara, an android housekeeper for a human disaster (and not in a good way) realizes he is abusing his daughter and breaks her code in order to save her. Kara and Alice are two lost girls trying to find their way to safety while Markus's revolution stirs things up around them.
-Connor, an android detective loaned by Cyberlife, the company that makes androids, to the Detroit police department for the express purpose of apprehending/deactivating/stopping deviants and studying deviancy and its causes. His partnership with the hardboiled, depressed Lieutenant Anderson has a profound effect on him, and you the player get to pick whether he goes against his code and helps Markus win the day, or whether he 'remains a machine' and fights Markus till one of them dies.

ohh i see! it's cool how players choose the actions of the characters. i may have read the spoilers (whoops hehe) but I will still look into it!

Olivinat 12-10-2020 10:49 AM

Hey guys... There was 33 guests on at 10:35, 57 at 10:37, and 38 at 10:45. Is that a record of guests? I don't know. :D:D

Gracithe1andonly 12-10-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603193)
ohh i see! it's cool how players choose the actions of the characters. i may have read the spoilers (whoops hehe) but I will still look into it!

ahahaha, i always read the spoilers. no judgement here. detroit's a pretty cool game! warnings for swearing (Lt. Anderson's got a potty mouth) and Slightly Inappropriate Content though

Gracithe1andonly 12-10-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivinat (Post 603194)
Hey guys... There was 33 guests on at 10:35, 57 at 10:37, and 38 at 10:45. Is that a record of guests? I don't know. :D:D

check a/n. throwback to the creepy guests from a few years ago

Olivinat 12-10-2020 12:25 PM

Do you like my new name-Ryoko?
It means one who has the power of snake and dragon :D

alemye10 12-10-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivinat (Post 603198)

that sounds very interesting! abt the guests, sometimes there will randomly be soooo many guests on! it makes me wonder.. are they real people or is it some type of glitch??
on wb you can see exactly what the guests are viewing though lol

edit: I'm trying to remember how you can see what the guests are viewing but I can't
edit #2: nvm you can! it shows how many guests are viewing each forum next to the forum name

alemye10 12-10-2020 08:23 PM

AHHHH OMG I just found the old Descendants NES and I'm literally cringing soooo bad at my writing and interactions
it was my first nes and I didn't realize I was supposed to control JUST my characters. so I remember writing for someone else's (I think it might've been Ena's) and whoever it was got sooooooo mad lol but I think it's deleted now
this is my problem HAHAHAHA i cringe at everything I did at the past (but doesn't everyone lol)

Gracithe1andonly 12-11-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivinat (Post 603198)

I love it. I know I already said on a/n but i really think this name is gonna stick, i have a good feeling about it

Gracithe1andonly 12-11-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603200)
AHHHH OMG I just found the old Descendants NES and I'm literally cringing soooo bad at my writing and interactions
it was my first nes and I didn't realize I was supposed to control JUST my characters. so I remember writing for someone else's (I think it might've been Ena's) and whoever it was got sooooooo mad lol but I think it's deleted now
this is my problem HAHAHAHA i cringe at everything I did at the past (but doesn't everyone lol)

y e s everyone does!! and i'm sure i'd rather younger you *attempt* to interact and do poorly so that you may do better later rather than never trying at all :P

upon your younger self's cringe is built your grace.

alemye10 12-12-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603202)
y e s everyone does!! and i'm sure i'd rather younger you *attempt* to interact and do poorly so that you may do better later rather than never trying at all :P

upon your younger self's cringe is built your grace.

true at least i tried and enjoyed it at the time. i really like that little quote thingy at the end btw, I'll just tell myself that when i do embarrassing things haha

Olivinat 12-13-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603201)
I love it. I know I already said on a/n but i really think this name is gonna stick, i have a good feeling about it

I thought Fire Dragon74 would stick, but... Anyway I should still remember it (Fire Dragon74) because that is the name I started with! :D :) ;)

Gracithe1andonly 12-13-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivinat (Post 603204)
I thought Fire Dragon74 would stick, but... Anyway I should still remember it (Fire Dragon74) because that is the name I started with! :D :) ;)

shan't forget our first names...I was Snowpelt a long, long time ago. ah memory! Ryoko, the 74th Fire Dragon???

Olivinat 12-14-2020 10:05 AM

I'll stick to Ryoko, Thanks :D

Olivinat 12-22-2020 07:25 PM

Merry Christmas all, and a Happy New Year!!! (Finally):D

Gracithe1andonly 12-26-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivinat (Post 603212)
Merry Christmas all, and a Happy New Year!!! (Finally):D

And the like to you!! 2020 is almost over. I know things aren't gonna be magically better next year, but maybe things're looking up?? I hope for the best for y'all

alemye10 01-14-2021 09:16 AM

hey how is everyone? looks like its been a while since anyone has been here

Gracithe1andonly 01-15-2021 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603218)
hey how is everyone? looks like its been a while since anyone has been here

for sure! school's back, i've been busy. a little down lately but not too bad. how bout you?

alemye10 01-18-2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603219)
for sure! school's back, i've been busy. a little down lately but not too bad. how bout you?

aw, hope you feel better!
i'm doing pretty well except for the fact i just finished the harry potter series and don't really know what to do with myself now HAHAHA :,)
but yeah school is back, how is that going for you?

Gracithe1andonly 01-19-2021 10:45 PM

thanks! it's been a bit better lately. gonna move back in with my roomie soon so that's nice. OH DEAR, OH DEAR, YOU FINISHED HARRY POTTER? what did you think?

as for school.

i have said it before and i shall say it again

online school stinks : ) ^-^ :O : D

how you been?

alemye10 01-20-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603221)
thanks! it's been a bit better lately. gonna move back in with my roomie soon so that's nice. OH DEAR, OH DEAR, YOU FINISHED HARRY POTTER? what did you think?

as for school.

i have said it before and i shall say it again

online school stinks : ) ^-^ :O : D

how you been?

that's great about moving back in! i do agree that online school stinks and I can only imagine how it is in college : /
about hp, I LOVED IT THE END WAS SO AMAZING! and i regret thinking it was overrated for so long hahah. at least i have learned to no longer judge a book by its genre! the plot twists were perfect... i was so confused when harry "died". there were some very sad deaths for sure :( but i loved reading about the characters over the years as they grew up and also loved some of the new characters that were introduced!
i have been all right! not much going on tbh, although the semester ends this week and i might be going back to in-person school after that

Gracithe1andonly 01-20-2021 01:28 PM

newsflash: NOT moving in because I have been exposed to the coronavirus! haha at least i get to camp out with my fam whom i love very much
YES HARRY POTTER DEATHS ARE SO SAD. remus lupin lives on in my heart. favorite character?
ooh are you excited or nervous to be in person again? both? neither?

alemye10 01-20-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603223)
newsflash: NOT moving in because I have been exposed to the coronavirus! haha at least i get to camp out with my fam whom i love very much
YES HARRY POTTER DEATHS ARE SO SAD. remus lupin lives on in my heart. favorite character?
ooh are you excited or nervous to be in person again? both? neither?

aw hopefully you'll get to move in soon! i'm sure you'll have fun with your family haha. i'm kind of excited to be in person again, but idk how ready i am to go back to daily interactions with random people :D
yes lupin, fred, and dobby were so sad. as for my favorite character, i can't choose haha. i might have to say luna because she's just herself. hermione is amazing and so gifted!! snape wasn't my favorite but his storyline is def very interesting. oh and there's ron who they ruined in the movies but was great in the books.
as you can see i can't give a normal answer hahah!! what about you??

Gracithe1andonly 01-21-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603224)
aw hopefully you'll get to move in soon! i'm sure you'll have fun with your family haha. i'm kind of excited to be in person again, but idk how ready i am to go back to daily interactions with random people :D
yes lupin, fred, and dobby were so sad. as for my favorite character, i can't choose haha. i might have to say luna because she's just herself. hermione is amazing and so gifted!! snape wasn't my favorite but his storyline is def very interesting. oh and there's ron who they ruined in the movies but was great in the books.
as you can see i can't give a normal answer hahah!! what about you??

daily interactions with random people really are either great or awful and anxiety is nothing to sneeze at : D
YES i love luna so much, she's one of my role models in life. i'm so mad at them for ruining ron, he's fantastic. i like harry potter but have never been head over heels for it, nonetheless i think i'll have to choose remus lupin as my favorite character. he enters the room and ahh, someone reasonable, even if he's screaming on the inside. marauders era are some of my favorite headcanons the fandom churns out. have you gotten very far into the fandom or do you stay off most media?

katchyboo 01-21-2021 06:51 PM

hi hello are we talking about harry potter?? i like Luna a lot!! honestly i really think there were so many characters that could've been handled better, though. the entirety of Slytherin are just kind of written off as bad guys lmao

alemye10 01-21-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603225)
daily interactions with random people really are either great or awful and anxiety is nothing to sneeze at : D
YES i love luna so much, she's one of my role models in life. i'm so mad at them for ruining ron, he's fantastic. i like harry potter but have never been head over heels for it, nonetheless i think i'll have to choose remus lupin as my favorite character. he enters the room and ahh, someone reasonable, even if he's screaming on the inside. marauders era are some of my favorite headcanons the fandom churns out. have you gotten very far into the fandom or do you stay off most media?

haha YES I agree with that abt daily interactions ig we'll see how it goes!
and yeah i haven't gotten too far into the fandom with headcanons and such although im sure i will soon
how is quarantining with your family going?

Quote:

Originally Posted by katchyboo (Post 603226)
hi hello are we talking about harry potter?? i like Luna a lot!! honestly i really think there were so many characters that could've been handled better, though. the entirety of Slytherin are just kind of written off as bad guys lmao

hi hello yes we are! so true, i would have loved to see more non-bad-guy slytherins, along with more prominent characters in other houses too tbh

Gracithe1andonly 01-21-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katchyboo (Post 603226)

wait, frick , your signature

are you into the dream smp??? i'm not INTO it but i think i will be if i don't take action now, if you want to rant about i'll probably follow

And YES i would love to see some non-bad guy slytherins! i actually made an au a long time ago where i put some tolkien characters in hogwarts and made one of my favorites a slytherin :)

Gracithe1andonly 01-21-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemye10 (Post 603227)
haha YES I agree with that abt daily interactions ig we'll see how it goes!
and yeah i haven't gotten too far into the fandom with headcanons and such although im sure i will soon
how is quarantining with your family going?

hi hello yes we are! so true, i would have loved to see more non-bad-guy slytherins, along with more prominent characters in other houses too tbh

quarantining is going fine, i just started my homework and played minecraft with my brother. also our sink drain is clogged so doing dishes stinks even more than usual so m E h, but in better news my brother and I recently had an entire conversation that went like this.

"Hey (greeting)"

"Hey (response)"

"Hey... (excited) hey...(suggestive)"

"Hey (disgusted)"

"Hey (offended)"

"Hey! (angry as he walks out of the room)"

"Hey...(sad)"

katchyboo 01-22-2021 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 603228)
wait, frick , your signature

are you into the dream smp??? i'm not INTO it but i think i will be if i don't take action now, if you want to rant about i'll probably follow

And YES i would love to see some non-bad guy slytherins! i actually made an au a long time ago where i put some tolkien characters in hogwarts and made one of my favorites a slytherin :)

oh my god YES i'm into the dream smp!!! it's so cool aaaaaaa
i would very much like to rant about it

Gracithe1andonly 01-22-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katchyboo (Post 603230)
oh my god YES i'm into the dream smp!!! it's so cool aaaaaaa
i would very much like to rant about it

ok uhhh um. uhhhhhhhhh what's your favorite character dynamic