The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

TheAshWolf 10-25-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 354244)
Aw, do you have to do career placement crap? Some of my friends have done that, although my school doesn't do it (I know someone who didn't know what she wanted to do until her senior year--I think she's majoring in Journalism now). I think that career placement tests too early aren't a good idea. Sure, maybe sometime like junior year would be good, but not as early as freshman.
My friend and I do career placement tests for fun. Haha, like 5 of them said she should be a firefighter and for me to be a writer.

No, but I DID have to go to a stupid online college fair. x_x It was REQUIRED that I go to one, be it online or in person. I didn't want to go, but I obviously went. It was stressful and boring and all the people did was talk about how great your life will be when (not if, WHEN) you go to their awesome college and how rich you'll be and you'll love your job and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLABBITY BLOO BLAH. e___e There are NO JOBS in America right now. Wasting your time money on college would be one of the worst choices. The only thing about the college fair that was fun was asking the representative tough/touchy questions. XD "What's the dropout rate for this college?" "What's the full average tuition fee for this college?" "What are the preventative measures this college takes against on-campus crimes and violence?" "What is the ethnic makeup of this college?"

O_O I agree. I'm a FRESHMAN. I can't even DRIVE yet. Why are we trying to plan my whole future in one sitting? x_x I DON'T want to go to college. It doesn't MATTER how much money I make as long as I get by with the necessities. I DON'T GIVE A CARE if you teachers think I'm "squandering" my scholastic ability and "ruining" my future. I'm not. So get off my back already. I'm already dealing with more emotional issues than I can handle. I don't need this.

soph-soph27 10-25-2012 09:29 PM

Right now I'm like

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...HFM0jN_4PJT9pw

But soon I'll go through the paranoia

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...-UKxeqghv0IzgK

And the embarrassed stage

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...9jfmmDZJd9q-Kv

And soon....

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...SxcRQNOHw7NMtQ

Finding solace in music.

It's sad how I can predict this.

Rockshadow 10-25-2012 11:48 PM

*bangs head against wall* SAKLSDJ. I thought I saw my mom's friend in her car and she was waving at me to pick me up from rehersal, so I went over there and attempted to open the car, but then I realized that it was actually someone else's mom. And my crush was standing right there. *headdesk* AGH so embarassed. XO

DragonRider 10-26-2012 05:20 AM

I. Frickin. Hate. Parents.

maxi 10-26-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonRider (Post 354300)

o_o I feel bad for you. Do tell; I'll help you. D:

wildwolf 10-26-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 354250)
No, but I DID have to go to a stupid online college fair. x_x It was REQUIRED that I go to one, be it online or in person. I didn't want to go, but I obviously went. It was stressful and boring and all the people did was talk about how great your life will be when (not if, WHEN) you go to their awesome college and how rich you'll be and you'll love your job and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLABBITY BLOO BLAH. e___e There are NO JOBS in America right now. Wasting your time money on college would be one of the worst choices. The only thing about the college fair that was fun was asking the representative tough/touchy questions. XD "What's the dropout rate for this college?" "What's the full average tuition fee for this college?" "What are the preventative measures this college takes against on-campus crimes and violence?" "What is the ethnic makeup of this college?"

O_O I agree. I'm a FRESHMAN. I can't even DRIVE yet. Why are we trying to plan my whole future in one sitting? x_x I DON'T want to go to college. It doesn't MATTER how much money I make as long as I get by with the necessities. I DON'T GIVE A CARE if you teachers think I'm "squandering" my scholastic ability and "ruining" my future. I'm not. So get off my back already. I'm already dealing with more emotional issues than I can handle. I don't need this.

I'm going to college. If you don't have a diploma, it's incredibly difficult to get the job you want. What you said about there are no jobs:
1. Who's to say there won't be more when you're older?
2. Someone with a college degree has a better chance of getting a job than someone without one.

Ash, what ARE you going to do? Just wondering...
Aren't you going to work with the JW?

TheAshWolf 10-26-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 354325)
I'm going to college. If you don't have a diploma, it's incredibly difficult to get the job you want. What you said about there are no jobs:
1. Who's to say there won't be more when you're older?
2. Someone with a college degree has a better chance of getting a job than someone without one.

Ash, what ARE you going to do? Just wondering...
Aren't you going to work with the JW?

Well, I don't KNOW exactly what job I want, so the point is even more mute than before. <:^/

1. There won't be. This country is BROKEN. A highly respected economist said that if we were to do a 180 degree turn around and fixed EVERY problem we have in one day, it would still take this country 100 years to be restored to what it was like before the crash. All you have to do is look around and try to understand the banking system. It's horribly flawed. It was set up to fail. And it's failing fast.
2. Yes, of course, my door-to-door ministry work is my main priority in life. ^_^ But we don't get paid for doing that. It's all voulenteer work.

cheezemziez 10-26-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonRider (Post 354300)

Are you okay? What happened?

wildwolf 10-26-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 354437)
Well, I don't KNOW exactly what job I want, so the point is even more mute than before. <:^/

1. There won't be. This country is BROKEN. A highly respected economist said that if we were to do a 180 degree turn around and fixed EVERY problem we have in one day, it would still take this country 100 years to be restored to what it was like before the crash. All you have to do is look around and try to understand the banking system. It's horribly flawed. It was set up to fail. And it's failing fast.
2. Yes, of course, my door-to-door ministry work is my main priority in life. ^_^ But we don't get paid for doing that. It's all voulenteer work.

1. We turned around the Great Depression, didn't we?
2. How are you going to support yourself/your family that way if you don't get paid?

Sandy 10-26-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 354443)
1. We turned around the Great Depression, didn't we?
2. How are you going to support yourself/your family that way if you don't get paid?

... To be honest I've been worrying the exact same thing since you told me, Ash.
I mean, I don't want to start my future either, I want to crawl into a hole and never come out and pretend I'm twelve again, but I can't, and I know there is a bigger world waiting for me after post secondary. And it has money in it and I want the money. 8^I
(*Mr. Krabs voice*)
MONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEY
I haven't missed a day of Pre-IB and it's almost midterm. I'm seriously so determined to get this IB Diploma so I can get my butt into the best possible school in the world for not just art (since it's very unlikely that I--ANYONE--will be able to actually follow their childhood dreams and to be honest I'm not cashing all my chips in on art either) but anything I want to pursue. I'm taking business and business tech because those jobs are certain and they DELIVER--I'm taking math and French not because I love them (which I do) but bilingual people, especially in Canada, are GUARANTEED job placement and people who understand math are just plain old useful.
I'm sorry but I doubt that anyone will make a living off of writing--whether it be a novel, a newspaper, ANYTHING. Writing is, without doubt, dying, and it will always be dying--never die, though. You can't just expect yourself to publish one thing (one book will plunge you so far down into debt that you won't be able to breathe) and hit it onto the bestseller list.
It's very likely that if you intend to have creative writing as a career priority, you'll be juggling three or four other jobs, and without an actual diploma of any sort those jobs can range anywhere from being a school janitor to a waitress.

So... I have to ask the same thing as Camille... :< I don't know what jobs are like in America but here in Canada you have to make the best of the opportunities you're given. And if there's no opportunities, you move your butt somewhere else and make a living that way.
I'm having lots of emotional issues too, you know, but I can't just not show up to school, I can't use up my 14 days of absence, I can't just skip my CAS programme hours. Your future isn't going to go away... so I'm just worried about you. If you don't get a diploma from SOMEWHERE, you're pretty much setting yourself up for unemployment... :(
I know I probably sound like one of your annoying teachers, I'm sorry... I'm just worried and want to make sure you've got a plan. :<<