The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   US Elections (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Who do you think is going to win the 2012 US Elections? (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2733)

blossom 09-29-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigfig (Post 336852)
Oh god, the naivete.

"How could he possible want to tax rich people? Oh those poor rich people in their ten million dollar homes, forced to pay more taxes. Oh the inhumanity."

Rich people don't get rich by working hard. It's the biggest lie that they have ever invented. Some of the smartest people in our country, the scientists and mathematicians, make well below millions of dollars. Do you mean to tell me that a CEO works harder than a miner, or blue collar worker? Do you mean to tell me he works smarter than a scientist or innovator?

People get rich in this country through business. It has always been that way, and always will be, to an extent. And business is the manipulation of goods and resources, and sometimes, people.

Take Goldmann-Sachs for example. Rich corporation. Primary income? Screwing their investors.

The ultra-rich people in this country get that way through manipulation of wealth.

Don't tell me for a second that the income curve is linear. A CEO making 100 million dollars a year is not working 1000 times harder or 1000 times smarter or being 1000 times as valuable as an average worker making 100k a year. And so he shouldn't be taxed linearly either.

Even though that was posted long ago, I just feel like saying that there's this guitarist that started out practicing for sixteen hours a day, and now he makes millions. So yes, some rich people actually have earned what they have.

sigfig 09-29-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossom (Post 344673)
Even though that was posted long ago, I just feel like saying that there's this guitarist that started out practicing for sixteen hours a day, and now he makes millions. So yes, some rich people actually have earned what they have.

Saying that ALL rich people don't deserve their wealth is as ridiculous as saying ALL poor people are lazy welfare kids. That's not my point.

My point is that, with all those millions, he can afford to pay into the American system, so that the thousands of other guitarists working hard out there can get a chance.

EmmaR 09-29-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossom (Post 344673)

*My mom is a professional guitarist, and she practices at least 5 to 6 hours a day and teaches over 30 guitar students and out income is usually only a bit over 50,000 a year. Music is a subjective business. 16 hours a day is crazy, unrealistic, and a total anomaly. 6 hours is pushing it. 7 to 8 is over practicing. With 16 hours a day, that is literally insane. His hands must have seized up after a little less than a year.*