The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

maxi 11-06-2012 01:08 AM

Thanks. XP Would you like a link to the edited version?

maxi 11-06-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 359849)
Yes please :D

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...ited-747129811

TheAshWolf 11-06-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 359655)
ASDFGHJKL
I am finishing the un-edited version of my novella today (Future Wars Book 1). :DDD

Oh em pea jay, you're finishing it TODAY? O.O Congrats, Max!!!!!! :D What an accomplishment!!!

maxi 11-06-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 359854)
Oh em pea jay, you're finishing it TODAY? O.O Congrats, Max!!!!!! :D What an accomplishment!!!

No, I have been past that. :D
I FINISHED it today. :D I can't believe it. This is the last post of Un-edited version of Book 1: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...ears-making-sp

LaurenM 11-06-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moogle (Post 359580)
No, no. I LOVE writing, it's amazing, I just hate the social aspect of it. I don't know if it's only me, but because of writing I have no frickin idea of who I am. I have no attitude. I realized this about six months ago, and it really really annoys me. My attitude and how I act depends completely on the main character in what I am working on. So, like, for the one I would be working on if it weren't for NaNo she is sweet, nice, sensitive, and somewhat outgoing. I loved being her. It helped me make friends in a new school, and I was no longer as shy as I used to be. But now that NaNo has started the mc is super bold, and acts before thinking. So that's how I'm acting. I hate it so so so much. I'm trapped by my characters, and I don't have my own personality. It sucks.

No. Haha though it is in a really intense scene right now and I'm just murdering it.... D:
Likada gifs

It'd be great if I had my character's personality.
Anyway, I left my USB in the classroom, but oh well. It's not like I'll be able to write something AND go on KidPub in, like, ten minutes.

TheAshWolf 11-06-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moogle (Post 359580)
No, no. I LOVE writing, it's amazing, I just hate the social aspect of it. I don't know if it's only me, but because of writing I have no frickin idea of who I am. I have no attitude. I realized this about six months ago, and it really really annoys me. My attitude and how I act depends completely on the main character in what I am working on. So, like, for the one I would be working on if it weren't for NaNo she is sweet, nice, sensitive, and somewhat outgoing. I loved being her. It helped me make friends in a new school, and I was no longer as shy as I used to be. But now that NaNo has started the mc is super bold, and acts before thinking. So that's how I'm acting. I hate it so so so much. I'm trapped by my characters, and I don't have my own personality. It sucks.

I've had that happen to me before...it's like my characters wipe out my own personality and I get caught up in theirs instead...o__o it's creepy...thank GOSH it never last very long for me....

Cherrybomb 11-06-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmoCat (Post 359639)
Wow, life is really bugging me right now...and that's putting it lightly. A boy from youth group was in a car accident and I don't know why I'm so darn concerned about it becuase he's okay and he's making the best of it. And I'm not showing anyone but my sisters my drawings becuase no one else respects them...and if they don't take my feelings seriously when they say something, I won't show my drawings to ANYONE BUT MYSELF. Everything anyone says about the pictures, I take seriously, so nobody gets to see them becuase they don't understand what their words are doing to me!!! I just got a flu shot in my left arm and blood taken from the same arm so it's pretty sore (typing isn't helping). I had a bad experience with taking blood when I was little and I burst into tears every time it's mentioned. I'm behind in school work and doing two Geometry lessons in one day is starting to be too much. I can't seem to sleep very well for some reason; I keep waking up and staring at the ceiling for hours on end. I don't have time to bake anymore becuase this stupid schoolwork, especially Spanish, is taking up every little bit of my weekend. I can't stand to be around people right now because they annoy me too darn much. I'm about to yell at my mom becuase she is making me feel worse every time she tries to make me feel better. When I get in the shower, I'm probably going to cry becuase nobody will notice/care then.

*magically poofs over to your house, does your homework, helps you draw some characters, tunes your ukulele, buys you dozens of professional markers, teaches you how to keep focused, and helps you write some stories* *hugs*

magsiscool 11-06-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherrybomb (Post 359919)
*magically poofs over to your house, does your homework, helps you draw some characters, tunes your ukulele, buys you dozens of professional markers, teaches you how to keep focused, and helps you write some stories* *hugs*

AW WOAH 0_0. I need help with that xD

CosmoCat 11-06-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherrybomb (Post 359919)

Thanks so much! *hugs* I'm feeling kind of better, but for some reason my days start out okay and end badly...and my mom still isn't helping. But thanks anyway! :o

HeatherB 11-06-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 358400)
What do you want to do, Heather? What do you want? What is your life? Why can't you do anything? I want to do something. I want to make an impact. My life is shit. I wish I could do something. I don't know if I can do anything. I want to be famous, but not in the weird paparazzi-stalked way--I want to inspire people, I want to be amazed and be amazing. It's too much to ask. I'm already so lucky. I have a wonderful supportive family and I don't look too bad and I have a family in my friends and my circus. I don't want to ask for anymore than I have, but I want--I want things. I want less clothes and more time to think. I want less food and more hunger, hunger that will fuel me. I want a drive, I want to find something--anything, I want to make. I want to make everything and I want to make beauty. When I was eleven years old it was only a few days after my birthday when I stepped out of the shower and I felt truly clean. I was calm and at ease with myself. It was acceptance: I am a writer. But now... now I want to be more. It's never enough to be what I am now, I've got to be bigger, better. But I'm no good at working hard. I am goddamn awful at it, in fact. I procrastinate and over-analyze things that are off-topic, I can't do anything in my spare time but stalk celebrities. I look up to them because they are my goal, my dream: bigger and better and beautiful. That's what I want to be. I guess everyone wants to be that, I don't know. I want to get out of my home and see the world but at the same time I know I could never leave. I want to do something outrageously bold but I know I can't because I'm a coward. I can't step up to anything, I take no initiative, and then I pity myself. I can't do that anymore. I need to change--but I don't know how. And then I spend all my days on the computer, which of course is helpful. I used to read so much, and my parents told me to stop reading all the time. Now I do this. Addiction, whatever. But back to realizations... now it's different. I don't just want to write. I want to sing. I want to act. I want to possibly not fail at dancing, if that's even possible. I want to make, to create. I want to make my own little worlds and I want to make this one even better. I don't want to wait. I want to run somewhere. I know more than ever that I'm alone--I realized that last night--but I want to be okay with that. I want to be completely lost in a huge crowd of people, all talking and laughing and changing around me, just lost, but it's all right because every single person there is my home. Does that make sense? Do I make sense? I just want to live. I don't feel like I'm doing this right sometimes--too much want, and humans are so fragile, so, so fragile--the dance proved that, yesterday, why do people do these things? Why are they so stupid? Fights get started and all I want to know is "Why?" But no one thinks about that, no one thinks at all anymore, and so maybe I shouldn't think either. I want to run and run and swing so high I can feel the moon on my shoulders and I want to breathe and I want to live. Is that so much to ask?

I want to DO something. Goddammit.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 358712)
Life can be an awful waste of time.
People hurt each other so much.
And people break much too easily.
I could be broken, right now.
I probably am.
At least I'm not dead.
Small consolation.

Why can't I stop crying? And FEELING? Can the pain ever stop? And I'm not happy. I know that now. I didn't before, I thought it would pass, I thought it would be fine; I'm NOT FINE.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 358725)
Join the club.
I'm always so scatterbrained, often forget things and am irresponsible--I realise what my mother said was true. I wonder what I can do when I grow up.
I don't want to.

Same.