The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

EmmaR 11-11-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 362096)
Holy crap, I am so glad that where I live is too cold to host any crazy bugs other than mildly irritating ticks...

Yup, me too. Thank god. Those things sound really freaking creepy.

I think what Stephanie was trying to say is that her grandparent's health is in immediate danger from an outside source, opposed to many of the posts on this thread relating to personal, internal problems. I'm not saying that those internal problems aren't serious, because they are, but they're serious in a different way. They're something you work through, while a problem like hers needs to be remedied quickly with professional help. See what I'm getting at?

Rockshadow 11-11-2012 02:43 AM

My friend (We'll call her Ella) we were at this birthday party for a girl in my class, and Ella and this other girl (we'll call her Rosalyn) are really good friends. However, Ella keeps blowing me off for Rosalyn, and it goddamn hurts when she does. It makes me feel like I'm inferior, like she doesn't care about me, which she does, but she cares for Rosalyn more.

She'll probably forget that she invited me over on monday anyway. :/

HeatherB 11-11-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruza (Post 362046)
And the rest of our problems aren't?

Perhaps the rest of HER problems seem insignificant compared to this. IDK. Speculation...

Stephiey 11-11-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruza (Post 362046)
And the rest of our problems aren't?

Um, sorry? I meant that they're really old and this is affecting their health... where all of y'all are young (unless someone is a creepy old man) and your problems (or at least most of them) don't affect health.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 362050)
Do they look like this?:
http://www.google.com.hk/search?q=wo...VAQAnQv2AOkfM:
My dad says he's seen those a lot when he was a kid and when he slaps them, they're full of blood. He's confirmed that they're tiny, black, bite people and burrow under their skin and lay larva, so it might be wood fleas.

That sounds right.... I'm going to ask my dad. Thanks!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 362104)
Yup, me too. Thank god. Those things sound really freaking creepy.

I think what Stephanie was trying to say is that her grandparent's health is in immediate danger from an outside source, opposed to many of the posts on this thread relating to personal, internal problems. I'm not saying that those internal problems aren't serious, because they are, but they're serious in a different way. They're something you work through, while a problem like hers needs to be remedied quickly with professional help. See what I'm getting at?

Thank you Emma. That was exactly what I meant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 362210)
Perhaps the rest of HER problems seem insignificant compared to this. IDK. Speculation...

Look at Emma's explanation.

lvhamsters 11-11-2012 05:41 PM

This is a kinda stupid vent but I need to get it out. Not a very big problem though.

So ever since I was a baby my dad has been leaving at least five days a week, and once he left for six months straight (Military). So I'm kind of used to that now, but I've had to live with my mother most of the time, and quite frankly, she hates me. She's even said it before. But I don't like my dad very much either; whenever he comes home he's always either ignoring us or yelling at us. So the highlights of my day are when neither of my parents are alone. But even when I don't really like them, it hurts to know neither of them are going to be home on Christmas, but I got to thinking I really don't care. I'm just going to force myself not to care. They say they're gone at work all of the time because they care, but I wonder if they just leave because they don't like me.
It also hurts when your mother says "What's wrong with you? You've become mean and nasty. I don't like you."
I think it's her being mean and nasty. She keeps going on and on about how bad I am because I left two fricking glasses on the counter. She gets angry over the smallest things.
I don't know what to do.
She hates me. I don't like her.
Sometimes I just want to run away. Maybe I will someday.
But I do know that once I leave for college, I'm not coming back.

EmmaR 11-11-2012 06:00 PM

This is a really weird vent. It's not actually emotional or about me. It's just a couple of pet peeves I want to rant about.
Why do people talk during the Mourner's Kaddish? Look I at least don't feel disrespected when you blabber on during the Amidah or the Maariv Aravim, but during the freaking Mourner's Kaddish? Do you even know what the Mourner's Kaddish IS? It's the prayer said for DEAD PEOPLE. This is like having a picnic on your grandfather's grave. Seriously. Shut up.
Christmas. *sigh* Y U NO SHUT UP?! It's November. No, it's not the Christmas Season. It's November. Do you see it snowing anywhere? No. Do you hear sleigh bells? No, because SANTA DOES NOT EXIST AND FOR GOD'S SAKE HAVE SOME MERCY! I don't need to hear "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" every freaking time I walk into any freaking place for the entire months of November and December, because it's NOT the most wonderful time of the year, thanks to you! What if I just blasted Mi Chamocha in every single place anywhere or the entire month of April? You wouldn't like that, would you?
STOP DOING VOCAL RUNS WE ALL KNOW YOU CAN BUT THE SONG NEEDS STRAIGHT SINGING FOR GOD'S SAKE!
You know that it's really weird and creepy when you look at my computer screen during History class. You know what I'm writing about, I don't appreciate you reading it, thank you very much.
Yes, I know that's what she said. Yes, I get what you're saying. You don't need to say it after every sentence.
No, you're not as good at chemistry as you think you are.
SO PRETENTIOUS OH MY GOD. Look, I love you, man, but seriously. It's a garden hose. It has nothing to do with loneliness or solitude or isolation or any of your philosophical crap. It's a GARDEN HOSE. You know what it represents? NOTHING. IT'S A GARDEN HOSE, GODDAMMIT. Not everything has a really deep meaning. Sometimes it's just there because it's there, okay?

Whew. Carry on.

MaryElizabeth 11-11-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 362285)
This is a really weird vent. It's not actually emotional or about me. It's just a couple of pet peeves I want to rant about.
Why do people talk during the Mourner's Kaddish? Look I at least don't feel disrespected when you blabber on during the Amidah or the Maariv Aravim, but during the freaking Mourner's Kaddish? Do you even know what the Mourner's Kaddish IS? It's the prayer said for DEAD PEOPLE. This is like having a picnic on your grandfather's grave. Seriously. Shut up.

Despite my Catholic faith, I know how you feel. My eighty-nine-year-old uncle, though I love him, refused to be quiet while the priest was preaching his sermon. I guess I just need to learn to be more tolerant of people.

Speaking of religion....look, I know some Hollywood dude wrote New Normal, but if you saw the latest episode, you probably remember the priest's speech about church. It made me feel hope for the Catholic church.

And, another thing. I'm getting Confirmed in May, and we went to church yesterday. I haven't been to church outside of my school's weekly mass in two years. Not even for Christmas. It's like I'm not even Catholic. It's a new Year of Faith, and I've started praying before bed. I want to start going to church every Sunday again. I really want to commit to my faith.

MaryElizabeth 11-11-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 362266)
This is a kinda stupid vent but I need to get it out. Not a very big problem though.

So ever since I was a baby my dad has been leaving at least five days a week, and once he left for six months straight (Military). So I'm kind of used to that now, but I've had to live with my mother most of the time, and quite frankly, she hates me. She's even said it before. But I don't like my dad very much either; whenever he comes home he's always either ignoring us or yelling at us. So the highlights of my day are when neither of my parents are alone. But even when I don't really like them, it hurts to know neither of them are going to be home on Christmas, but I got to thinking I really don't care. I'm just going to force myself not to care. They say they're gone at work all of the time because they care, but I wonder if they just leave because they don't like me.
It also hurts when your mother says "What's wrong with you? You've become mean and nasty. I don't like you."
I think it's her being mean and nasty. She keeps going on and on about how bad I am because I left two fricking glasses on the counter. She gets angry over the smallest things.
I don't know what to do.
She hates me. I don't like her.
Sometimes I just want to run away. Maybe I will someday.
But I do know that once I leave for college, I'm not coming back.

Oh my God, how is that a stupid problem? Look, talk to your parents, or your priest (I think I remember you saying you're Catholic). You can get through this.

soph-soph27 11-11-2012 06:34 PM

Dear anyone who feels very, very strongly about religion, I am not trying to offend you, but I need to get this out.


I don't want to be catholic, or christian, and I don't want to be hindi either? Just STOP. Stop the pressure, I'm 13. I don't care if I LOOK Indian, stop asking me if I'm native american. Just STOP everything, first, race (which doesn't exist anyway) has nothing to do with skin color, second, I'm too young to be catholic, christian or hindi. I have till January, and I don't need a god to follow.

lvhamsters 11-11-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 362298)
Dear anyone who feels very, very strongly about religion, I am not trying to offend you, but I need to get this out.


I don't want to be catholic, or christian, and I don't want to be hindi either? Just STOP. Stop the pressure, I'm 13. I don't care if I LOOK Indian, stop asking me if I'm native american. Just STOP everything, first, race (which doesn't exist anyway) has nothing to do with skin color, second, I'm too young to be catholic, christian or hindi. I have till January, and I don't need a god to follow.

:3 Its a good thing to get out and true :3
(Just needed to add this, you're not to young to be catholic, christian . . .. etc XD) Sorry :3 Just had to say that . . . .


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.