The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

TheMoonWakedWolf 05-28-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 290781)
*wrings hands* Of what?

Last night, my brother got in a car accident. I was freaking out inside. But he got home about two hours later, and he's perfectly fine. Thank the Lord for seat belts and air bags. *breath of relief*

Rockshadow 05-28-2012 11:19 AM

Excited. I just shot an email to Majors and Minors, a new singing show, (IT'S ON THE HUB!! WHERE MLP IS AIRED!!!) and I'm going to audition for season 3. (Skittles is going to audition too!) *breathes in, breathes out*

05-28-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockshadow (Post 290897)
Excited. I just shot an email to Majors and Minors, a new singing show, (IT'S ON THE HUB!! WHERE MLP IS AIRED!!!) and I'm going to audition for season 3. (Skittles is going to audition too!) *breathes in, breathes out*

Yes, and we are gonna DOMINATE. I think they already picked people for this season, though, which is why I'm auditioning for Season 3. :)

Rockshadow 05-28-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleigh (Post 290900)
Yes, and we are gonna DOMINATE. I think they already picked people for this season, though, which is why I'm auditioning for Season 3. :)

Heck yea! *high fives you*

Leloo 05-28-2012 12:06 PM

To Skittles and Rockshadow: Wow, good luck guys! That's aweshum! :^D

MaryElizabeth 05-28-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf (Post 290895)
Last night, my brother got in a car accident. I was freaking out inside. But he got home about two hours later, and he's perfectly fine. Thank the Lord for seat belts and air bags. *breath of relief*

I'm glad he's okay. :)

05-28-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leloo (Post 290914)
To Skittles and Rockshadow: Wow, good luck guys! That's aweshum! :^D

Thanks! I'm re-teaching myself how to play piano. ^_^ I also may be taking singing lessons, but I'm not sure yet. I need to be like..really good, because one of the cast members from last season sang for Michelle Obama. O_O I need to be pretty darn good if I'm going to compete with that.

I'm really excited, though, because I've always dreamed of becoming a singer since I was five years old. :D And now, my dreams are coming true. And even if I don't get casted, there's always America's Got Talent, American Idol (because I'll be old enough to audition), and I can always try out again the next year. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but to be the best I can.

MaryElizabeth 05-28-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleigh (Post 290923)
I'm really excited, though, because I've always dreamed of becoming a singer since I was five years old. :D And now, my dreams are coming true. And even if I don't get casted, there's always America's Got Talent, American Idol (because I'll be old enough to audition), and I can always try out again the next year.

I'd say 'Good luck', but just don't get your hopes up. There's always going to be that amazing person who has the energy, look, and voice for the show.

05-28-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 290924)
I'd say 'Good luck', but just don't get your hopes up. There's always going to be that amazing person who has the energy, look, and voice for the show.

Yeah, I know. :) But I have as good as a chance as anyone else auditioning. :p

cloudwriter 05-28-2012 01:15 PM

Wow, good luck Caleigh! (: That's a huge thing, and I wish you the best of luck!

MaryElizabeth 05-28-2012 01:28 PM

So happy to see my friend from my old school. :D

-_- I would put in an awesome gif I found on CT's bio, but I can't figure out how to paste it.

Sandy 05-28-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf (Post 290776)
*puts hands in pockets* It's tough, man. *smokes fake cigar*

(*is leaned up against a wall with a large overcoat*)
Hey... wanna buy a watch?
A watch... about how much I agree with that statement?

rebecca 05-28-2012 02:56 PM

You know, I am, to quote Tony Stark (aka Iron Man), 'volatile, self-obessed and don't play well with others'. I proved that to myself today. Do not ask.

chelseki3 05-28-2012 02:57 PM

As I thought of this, I started crying.

Don't blame me--blame it on puberty. e_e

For some reason I kept on thinking that you guys hated me, and I thought that you guys thought that I was extermely annoying.

I have no idea why I'm crying over this stupid thought, but it seems so real...

rebecca 05-28-2012 02:59 PM

I keep imagining everything is a set up and things I like and enjoy are faked by people to humiliate me.

chelseki3 05-28-2012 03:52 PM

I seem to be annoying everyone latley. If I do annoy you, just tell me anything of what I say that annoys you and I'll stop it straight away.
:^I And, before you ask, I'm fine. Ish.

AlgebraAddict 05-28-2012 05:06 PM

That was kind of random. XD Nah, except for that stupid little "experiment" you tried to pull off, you're very reasonable.

TheMoonWakedWolf 05-28-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 291010)
(*is leaned up against a wall with a large overcoat*)
Hey... wanna buy a watch?
A watch... about how much I agree with that statement?

*eyes suspiciously* *puffs cigar*

How good of a watch we talkin'?

MaryElizabeth 05-28-2012 10:56 PM

I'm terrified. Our family laptop just glitched up again (I'm on my sister's 3DS), and I'm afraid of what will happen. We have to pay my brother's college tuition, so this is not a good time for us to pay for some other computer in the case of the current one breaking down.

nngo 05-28-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 291187)
I'm terrified. Our family laptop just glitched up again (I'm on my sister's 3DS), and I'm afraid of what will happen. We have to pay my brother's college tuition, so this is not a good time for us to pay for some other computer in the case of the current one breaking down.

Save all your important files. Guard your computer from the demons of breaking down. Nah, don't worry. Laptops glitch ALL the time.

MaryElizabeth 05-28-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nngo (Post 291190)
Save all your important files. Guard your computer from the demons of breaking down. Nah, don't worry. Laptops glitch ALL the time.

Thanks. My mom checked it and said it was fine. :P

chelseki3 05-29-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 291096)
That was kind of random. XD Nah, except for that stupid little "experiment" you tried to pull off, you're very reasonable.

Thank ye! :D

Talking about the "experiment" that I done...*facepalm* what posessed me to do such a thing? *headdesk*

05-29-2012 09:59 AM

@Mary Elizabeth: Can you get on chat? I kinda need to talk to you....it's nothing bad. I just need to talk to someone. :/

AlgebraAddict 05-29-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 291199)
Thank ye! :D

Talking about the "experiment" that I done...*facepalm* what posessed me to do such a thing? *headdesk*


No idea. But it was kind of idiotic. XD

chelseki3 05-29-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 291239)
No idea. But it was kind of idiotic. XD

:P Yesh, it was. Whatever demon possessed me to do such a thing...*shakes fist at them*

I'm gonna get you.>:^I

XP

AlgebraAddict 05-29-2012 01:45 PM

I'll send agents 28 and 29 on the trail of this demon. One is a powerful sorcerer, the other is a bard girl who will enchant him and then kill him. :3

chelseki3 05-29-2012 01:52 PM

*fistpump* THAT IS EPIC. 8'D

I hope they can do Karate...XDD I might go Karate classes...(I think) KARATE IS EPIC. 8'D

AlgebraAddict 05-29-2012 02:04 PM

No, but the sorcerer is a trained fencer and the bard girl can whack him on the head with her lute. Ooooh, what if the bard girl is a ninja? A NINJA BARD!

chelseki3 05-29-2012 02:37 PM

O_O


THAT. IS. EPIC.

NINJAS ARE EPICFUL.

EPIC NINAJS.

*dies*

NOW WE ARE READY TO KILL THE DEMON THAT POSSESED ME TO SAY (extremely) STUPID THINGS!

AlgebraAddict 05-29-2012 03:15 PM

*turns to agents*

Alright. I want you to find this demon. You know who I speak of? Good. Bringing him back alive is not neccessary. :D

rebecca 05-29-2012 03:39 PM

I'll send this guy on their trail...
http://www.scenicreflections.com/fil...paper_JxHy.jpg

AlgebraAddict 05-29-2012 03:57 PM

Thanks for the help. :3

Lily09 05-29-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockshadow (Post 290897)
Excited. I just shot an email to Majors and Minors, a new singing show, (IT'S ON THE HUB!! WHERE MLP IS AIRED!!!) and I'm going to audition for season 3. (Skittles is going to audition too!) *breathes in, breathes out*

And Transformers G1&Prime, Strawberry Shortcake, and Pound Puppies :)

rebecca 05-30-2012 12:43 AM

See? Having a father who has eye problems and a missing finger is great. Yes, he actually does.

Emaafre 05-30-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caleigh (Post 289869)
hmmmm...i Don't Think I've Ever Heard That Song, But Good Luck! Oh Wait...9:15 Has Already Happened....

How'd It Go? :d

Amazing!!!!

AlgebraAddict 05-30-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 291473)
See? Having a father who has eye problems and a missing finger is great. Yes, he actually does.


Woah, sweet. XD

MaryElizabeth 05-30-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 291473)
See? Having a father who has eye problems and a missing finger is great. Yes, he actually does.

Why is it great?

AlgebraAddict 05-30-2012 01:49 PM

Sauron, main antagonist of Mordor, lives in this tower

http://twistedthoughtentertainment.c...-of-sauron.jpg

And he got his finger cut off by the son of the king, Isildur.

TheAshWolf 05-30-2012 04:45 PM

o_o Feel free to ignore this.


-__- I don't know what's wrong with me.

I WANT to write. But...I just can't focus. At all. I write one sentence, and then my brain just gives up. And I hate it. I hate how I can't think of synonyms and can't organize my ideas and can't get the words to come out right and can't write dialogue.

This whole numbness thing has been hanging over my head for months, but it suddenly got worse about a month ago, right when all this stress piled up on me. I think that's it...this whole huge family issue has made doing anything feel like it's totally useless. I can't seem to cook food right anymore. I don't clean as much as I used to. I can't seem to enjoy my favorite songs. Nothing tastes good. Nothing sounds fun. All I want to do is curl up on the couch with someone I care about (though I don't know exactly who that person would be) and cry for a little bit, then go to sleep for a year. I KNOW if I can just cry it out, I'll feel better, but...I just...can't. I'm too steeled over. Too numb. Too apathetic of everything. And yet, I want it to stop. I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing works. I can't bring myself to be anything but numb or outraged or horribly lonely. And that means I can't write, because I can't describe the emotions my characters are feeling if I don't feel them myself.

...And you know what? Through it all, every time I feel lonely, there's only one person I seem to want to be with. And...it makes no sense to me at all. I want to be with my character Charlie when I'm feeling lonesome. Not my friends, not my family. They really haven't been able to help me. A lot of them just made it worse. All I want is to hang out with Char for a while...vent a little bit, then watch some movies together, maybe go on a bike ride or a walk, then curl up on the couch together and go on a YouTube music spree. I don't know why that's the first thing my brain comes up with when I'm feeling lonely, because I know all of that is totally impossible...but.....I don't know. I just don't know anything anymore...

Leloo 05-30-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 291543)
o_o Feel free to ignore this.

NO. :^P

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 291543)
-__- I don't know what's wrong with me.

I WANT to write. But...I just can't focus. At all. I write one sentence, and then my brain just gives up. And I hate it. I hate how I can't think of synonyms and can't organize my ideas and can't get the words to come out right and can't write dialogue.

This whole numbness thing has been hanging over my head for months, but it suddenly got worse about a month ago, right when all this stress piled up on me. I think that's it...this whole huge family issue has made doing anything feel like it's totally useless. I can't seem to cook food right anymore. I don't clean as much as I used to. I can't seem to enjoy my favorite songs. Nothing tastes good. Nothing sounds fun. All I want to do is curl up on the couch with someone I care about (though I don't know exactly who that person would be) and cry for a little bit, then go to sleep for a year. I KNOW if I can just cry it out, I'll feel better, but...I just...can't. I'm too steeled over. Too numb. Too apathetic of everything. And yet, I want it to stop. I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing works. I can't bring myself to be anything but numb or outraged or horribly lonely. And that means I can't write, because I can't describe the emotions my characters are feeling if I don't feel them myself.

...And you know what? Through it all, every time I feel lonely, there's only one person I seem to want to be with. And...it makes no sense to me at all. I want to be with my character Charlie when I'm feeling lonesome. Not my friends, not my family. They really haven't been able to help me. A lot of them just made it worse. All I want is to hang out with Char for a while...vent a little bit, then watch some movies together, maybe go on a bike ride or a walk, then curl up on the couch together and go on a YouTube music spree. I don't know why that's the first thing my brain comes up with when I'm feeling lonely, because I know all of that is totally impossible...but.....I don't know. I just don't know anything anymore...

I don't know what you've been going through with your family, but it sounds like you're just really, really stressed. Don't try to write anymore Just take a nice, long break. In fact, treat yourself to some relaxation time when it comes to cleaning and cooking as well. You're not useless or pathetic; you're just exhausted. And I think it will affect your writing (and everything else) if you try to force it. It could be hormones as well, though I don't know much about those, only that they drive you up a wall most of the time. X_x Or maybe it's just "one of those days." I've felt the same way before, and it comes and goes. Find something new and fun to do for yourself to keep your spirits up and keep you occupied. It'll pass, I'm sure. Hang in there. :^)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.