The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

pluzzle 04-26-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 528219)
one last thing
if youre speaking about equality for ALL genders (i think someone said) this conversation seems kinda binarist cause nonbinary people too
but i guess ignore me if its not
and silvermoon, you seem a lil upset?? we werent disagreeing with you, we just wanted to add some things.

heeey
what are the gender stereotypes of nb people i have been leginitimately wondering this and tbh there are none woo

ya ya

Lily09 04-26-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 528229)
heeey
what are the gender stereotypes of nb people i have been leginitimately wondering this and tbh there are none woo

ya ya

i think like the one main stereotype (idk if it is a stereotype) for nonbinary people (at least for dfab nonbinary people) is being masculine? i see a lot of dfab nonbinary people who consider their gender expression to be androgynous, yet think that androgyny = masculine when it doesnt. i don't know about dmab nonbinary people though. i haven't really seen any other stereotypes, although that might actually just be because there is an erasure of nonbinary people :/
im a dfab binary trans boy though, so if any nonbinary person wants to correct me or wants me to change or delete this, i totally will.
oh yeah, do you still identify as nonbinary?

JoMarch 04-26-2014 06:11 PM

yeah elliot I think I said all genders because I know there are other genders like nonbinary genders but I know next to nothing about them so I didn't want to make any assumptions and say something I just wanted to include them idk if that was right if not sorry
thank you for the info

pluzzle 04-26-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 528230)
i think like the one main stereotype (idk if it is a stereotype) for nonbinary people (at least for dfab nonbinary people) is being masculine? i see a lot of dfab nonbinary people who consider their gender expression to be androgynous, yet think that androgyny = masculine when it doesnt. i don't know about dmab nonbinary people though. i haven't really seen any other stereotypes, although that might actually just be because there is an erasure of nonbinary people :/
im a dfab binary trans boy though, so if any nonbinary person wants to correct me or wants me to change or delete this, i totally will.
oh yeah, do you still identify as nonbinary?

YA ya like on tumblr for example like androgynous dfab people will be dressing/looking masculine and idk it doesn't bug me but idk
yeah i think there's not stereotypes bc 1. people think it doesn't exist 2. or people don't know about them so

i am not cis but im not trans so yeah yeah i'm pretty sure i think i'll always be confused though

Lily09 04-26-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMarch (Post 528232)
yeah elliot I think I said all genders because I know there are other genders like nonbinary genders but I know next to nothing about them so I didn't want to make any assumptions and say something I just wanted to include them idk if that was right if not sorry
thank you for the info

yeah i think that was good

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 528244)
YA ya like on tumblr for example like androgynous dfab people will be dressing/looking masculine and idk it doesn't bug me but idk
yeah i think there's not stereotypes bc 1. people think it doesn't exist 2. or people don't know about them so

i am not cis but im not trans so yeah yeah i'm pretty sure i think i'll always be confused though

ya so basically what i meant :/
o ok cool

#imbinary

avbhabra 04-26-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 528244)

I feel like tumblr made me accept people as they are. I mean, before, I had nothing against gay families or transgender people or anyone else. It was awkward at first, but you come to realize people are people. No matter who they love. Or what their bodies look like. And I kind of think that that's the good thing about social media. You become more accepting about the people around you because they're human beings like you and me. And I find that beautiful. I didn't really know much about this stuff but once people are educated, it's just so much better. Because we're not different at all and I hate it when people thinks that gay people or transgender people are inferior or superior. Because we should all just be equal. And it bothers me to know that some people don't except others because somebody else is gay or transgender. Like, dude, love however you want. You are cool the way you are, you know?

pluzzle 04-26-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 528246)
yeah i think that was good

ya so basically what i meant :/
o ok cool

#imbinary

ya ya i just basically repeated you sorry

i know HEY QUESTION why do people always say they 'don't trust binary trans guys' like???/?//// what? i don't get it y so much hate and the people im taking about are for some reason usually nb or otherkin or both
Quote:

Originally Posted by avbhabra (Post 528248)
I feel like tumblr made me accept people as they are. I mean, before, I had nothing against gay families or transgender people or anyone else. It was awkward at first, but you come to realize people are people. No matter who they love. Or what their bodies look like. And I kind of think that that's the good thing about social media. You become more accepting about the people around you because they're human beings like you and me. And I find that beautiful. I didn't really know much about this stuff but once people are educated, it's just so much better. Because we're not different at all and I hate it when people thinks that gay people or transgender people are inferior or superior. Because we should all just be equal. And it bothers me to know that some people don't except others because somebody else is gay or transgender. Like, dude, love however you want. You are cool the way you are, you know?

YES i have been educating my friends on it and they don't give a shit tbh but oh well
i don't think everyone will ever be equal tbh there will always be people that act more superior and believe they are

i hate how if a girl is dating a dmab girl and she says she's straight it's like?? o u love genitals OKAY no u r not straight sorry to break it to you

ugh sorry i don't know much tbh

avbhabra 04-26-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 528252)

i know HEY QUESTION why do people always say they 'don't trust binary trans guys' like???/?//// what? i don't get it y so much hate and the people im taking about are for some reason usually nb or otherkin or both

YES i have been educating my friends on it and they don't give a shit tbh but oh well
i don't think everyone will ever be equal tbh there will always be people that act more superior and believe they are

i hate how if a girl is dating a dmab girl and she says she's straight it's like?? o u love genitals OKAY no u r not straight sorry to break it to you

I know, its frustrating. Some people just don't care and that bothers me. I mean, I guess you're right. We can't ever be EXACTLY EQUAL no matter how hard we try but... the best we can do is educate others so that the understand and accept. :/

Lily09 04-26-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 528252)

trans men can be transmisogynistic bc trans men have more privilege than trans women. trans men can also be truscums.

SilverMoon 04-27-2014 12:48 AM

okAY I AM JUST GOING TO USE THIS PLACE TO RANT ABOUT KUROSHITSUJI AKA BLACK BUTLER
MOSTLY THE FANDOM BECAUSE IF I RANT ABOUT THE SHOW I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE YOU THAT I. WILL. EXPLODE.

alright so Kuroshitsuji fandom I have one question for you: hoW MANY OF YOU ARE ACTUALLY SANE?!
Well, I mean, I'm not sane, but I'm talking about it in a particular sense. Excuse me, what I meant to say is
hoW MANY OF YOU AREN'T FUCKED UP FANGIRLS
SERIOUSLY YOU PEOPLE SCARE ME
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AND YOU ARE CREEPY AND INSANE FANGIRLS TO ONE CHARACTER OR ANOTHER BUT IT IS ALMOST ALWAYS ONE SINGULAR CHARACTER.
SERIOUSLY. DON'T. HATE. ON. ANY. OF. THESE. CHARACTERS.
ALSO SOME OF YOU ARE SO HOPELESSLY "IN LOVE" THAT CAN I JUST TELL YOU TO PLEASE GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.
PLEASE.
SOME OF YOU ARE CREEPILY YANDERE AND HOLY FUCKING NAZI MEATBALLS (phrase copywrighted to my best female friend, D) YOU SCARE ME ALSO PLEASE GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.
just ugh I hate most of you so much and like why this fandom why because the show is a beautiful thing but like
ALSO JUST PLEASE. PLEASE. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TAKE THIS SHOW TOO LIGHTLY.
YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THIS SHIT RUINED ME.
(but I'm reading Death Note so I'm only going to ruin myself further)