The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Story Ideas (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Rant About What you're Writing Thread. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4267)

Zelda 07-19-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 596033)
I'm in the same boat honestly, I know what to do for the first few chapters and the last few but I've no idea how to get from here to there

it sucks lol >-> it's like you get all excited to write 'cause it's gonna be awesome and then you start and whoops n e v e r m i n d there are all those /other/ scenes that are /necessary/ but you don't. know. what. they. are!

Gracithe1andonly 07-20-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 596034)
it sucks lol >-> it's like you get all excited to write 'cause it's gonna be awesome and then you start and whoops n e v e r m i n d there are all those /other/ scenes that are /necessary/ but you don't. know. what. they. are!

I need to talk it out tbh... wanna listen? or we can talk it out at the same time

Zelda 07-20-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 596052)
I need to talk it out tbh... wanna listen? or we can talk it out at the same time

I am down for listening to you talk it out, my dude.

Gracithe1andonly 07-21-2017 12:26 AM

ok so like here we are. Luanne has been unceremoniously initiated into the world of Fledgling. she is trying to ignore it whilst being intrigued and curious. her spirited part is dragging her where her ration doesn't want to go. but she cannot begin to shift into the person who will become the Lady until her ration accepts this. it sort of happens all at once when Bernie vanishes at some point, but right now she is playing dumb. if Bernie were to vanish right now she would at all costs avoid suspecting Ironskill. she has to change to the point where when Bernie vanishes (leaving his cute lil beanie) her reason bends to the truth.

and she also has to learn more about the Durantel boys and trust them a bit. because. when said kiddo vanishes, her first instinct is to call Russell for help.
not her parents.

she doesn't ask her parents for help because during this blank time her parents start fighting. and when one's parents start fighting one tends to give them room. if I'm correct. or at least that's how Luanne does it lol

and her father proves to be stubborn. far more stubborn than Luanne. it is her fathers' example that allows her to persist in error for so many months (I am writing autumn in the story, Bernie vanishes in spring) and her mother is proving to be far less stubborn, but more demanding if u kno what I mean.

basically Luanne is seeing that her parents are not perfect people (tho her mom is close (snerk)) and there's a certain amount of trust that's been lost as a result?? like she still loves them a lot and trusts her mom but knows that her mom wants to not fight with her dad and so cannot tell her mom because her mom will tell her dad and her dad will freak out and shut everything about Ironskill down.

and because adults change slower than children, this secretive dynamic stays in the family for a long time, slowly destroying them from the inside out. Luanne sees it but feels that revealing the secret will only destroy her family more quickly. and in a way, she's right.

okay that's all in the future. for now---

I think her friend meg is the key. i'd love meg to get a lot of screen time because she will shun Luanne after season one is over and she probably will not come back. I think meg is just as curious as Luanne and less stubborn and cautious.

when Luanne eventually tells her everything, she will be very intrigued. especially by the Durantels. (hehe watch her crush shift from tad to Russell (WARNING THAT WAS JUST HEADCANON))

but how long will it take Luanne to tell her everything?

This is the Luanne/Russell Trust Arc:
Luanne tells Meg.
Meg suggests we look in to the Durantels.
Luanne refuses.
Later, as Russell keeps texting her, Luanne realizes she's not going to be able to get rid of him by ignoring him, so decides to "know her enemy," as she thinks about it.
(But Russell is not her enemy.)
They begin asking casual questions and meeting to discuss what they learn.
This is how they learn a little bit about Russell's backstory.
(He lives with his brothers and is an orphan. He vanished during an entire year, and came back the next year with scars, a twisted wrist, and a wild sense of purpose hanging about him. That is the limit of what they glean from the school.)
(Of course, they do not dare to ask Russell himself.)
The Durantel boys take an interest in Luanne after realizing the questions she's asking. Junior and Carlton are as nonchalant about it as they can be. Tad avoids her like the plague. Marcus, however, takes to speaking to her in the halls, and honestly, Marcus' polite and sensible manner wins Luanne's trust. Russell casually asks her a lot about how she's doing and how Bernie's doing.
In return, Luanne and Meg begin watching them. Getting to know them by reputation and by how they interact with others.
There is a sense of good purpose hanging around them.
Luanne is intrigued by all the boys (especially Russell) and would hang out with Marcus if invited. This is when she is ready to go to them, the only Fledglings whose contact info she has after all, when things go wrong.

Zelda 07-21-2017 10:31 AM

You have a pretty good idea of what you want to happen. This might be one of those stories that you have to start writing before the rest of it comes to you. I don't normally advocate writing blind, since obviously that leads to writer's block a lot more often, but in some cases you have to get into it first. Like playing a couple lines on a new instrument to get used to it.

Plus, it's first draft, you can slap whatever you think you need down on the page, and then go back and decide to keep this, or eliminate that, or emphasize something else.

Garrett 07-22-2017 02:26 AM

i haven't been on here in forever. I haven't written barely anything all summer. I hope that'll change when school starts since I'm like 130,000 words into my second book of the series and I don't want to give up on it.

SilverMoon 07-26-2017 12:32 PM

y'all world building is fuckin hard

Zelda 07-28-2017 01:17 PM

Kuebiko is taking so much longer than it should. I need to hurry up and knuckle down ffs other things need to be done after I finish it.

Steampunk 07-31-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 596169)
y'all world building is fuckin hard

Unfortunately true.
(Help me my own story confuses me what is this madness??)

SilverMoon 07-31-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steampunk (Post 596485)
Unfortunately true.
(Help me my own story confuses me what is this madness??)

Do u wanna rant at eachother abt it? Yanno, bonding experience lol