The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Story Ideas (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Rant About What you're Writing Thread. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4267)

FlyingPig 09-01-2014 10:55 PM

The Rant About What you're Writing Thread.
 
So, this is basically to obsess over characters and evil plot ideas and things like that. Let this thread thrive, or let it die. I will not mind if someone tells me this has been done before, but, if not, let time decide this thread's fate. :D

Lena 09-01-2014 11:15 PM

I love this idea c: I will definitely be using it when I actually write something.

FlyingPig 09-01-2014 11:28 PM

Oh Mindy's being badass. i mean, this:"And Mom and Dad know you're missing."

"It took them this long, huh."

"Yeah. And they're worried. It's stressful."

"At least they aren't blaming you for murder, or anything." Nothing from Savannah's end.

"Wait, they are?" I ask.

"Not murder. But they think I did something. And I'm technically an adult now, so I can't say 'I'm just a kid. What could I do?'"

"If I got caught, would they take the blame off you?"

"Melinda. Don't do what you're thinking."

"Of course not," I reassure as sweetly as I can. Then, I end her call.

I pull out my money. If I'm going to get caught, I might as well make a convincing show out of it.

Elizabeth 09-02-2014 12:50 AM

Ooh! I like this thread!

So, I'm really happy and excited because I finally figured out two things in my story and thus fixed some plot holes! Yay for me!

Athenabrain1 09-02-2014 10:46 AM

Gerard's being very sweet to Alice in a fanfiction I'm writing in my head

FlyingPig 09-02-2014 08:41 PM

Savannah and Mindy are killing me with their awesomeness. Don't worry, I might return the favor to Savannah. >:^D

saphiremoon 09-20-2014 05:50 PM

hell yes

this is my new home thread

expect spazzing soon

mysterygirl 09-20-2014 06:33 PM

Ana is being a big fat meanie

Ember 09-20-2014 07:12 PM

character profiles are funn.
but also really sad when you're like, "omg I love this character" and then you're already plotting their death scene.

SilverMoon 09-20-2014 08:10 PM

I'm actually feeling somewhat motivated woo.
It probably won't last but whatever.

saphiremoon 09-21-2014 11:44 AM

it's my mum's birthday so i don't have time to rant right now

but i'd just like to say that this pretty much sums up luana and emmery's relationship across the entire trilogy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BHBjWttvO4

rebecca 09-21-2014 12:15 PM

Damn, my latest story got no comments again. Still going to post it.
Need to work on the title. I'm thinking of just calling it Demonica or something.

But yeah, the characters go through hell. Literally. No, they literally go through the real hell, and out again. It's got demons, angels who didn't so much as fall as get pushed, and let's just say Antoinette Chives is a right bundle of laughs and sunshine. She doesn't at all kill people with her mind. NONE OF THAT WHATSOEVER. NO LESBIANS EITHER. NONE. NOTHING LIKE THAT. It's a lovely happy-go-lucky tale of heterosexuality. NO MAIN CHARACTERS WILL DIE. YOU WON'T HATE ME FOR WRITING IT.

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...one-1789151174

Off to work on chapter three.

saphiremoon 09-21-2014 02:42 PM

does anyone else absolutely love the 'oh fuck' moments in your books

i have way too much fun with them

rebecca 09-21-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphiremoon (Post 559905)
does anyone else absolutely love the 'oh fuck' moments in your books

i have way too much fun with them

Same. I love screwing my characters over. Poor likkle Ianthe will always get a bad deal. Her on-and-off girlfriend is a compulsive liar who keeps secrets from her as a matter of course, and when those secrets get out...'oh fuck' indeed.

saphiremoon 09-21-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 559906)
Same. I love screwing my characters over. Poor likkle Ianthe will always get a bad deal. Her on-and-off girlfriend is a compulsive liar who keeps secrets from her as a matter of course, and when those secrets get out...'oh fuck' indeed.

revealed secrets are excellent 'oh fuck' moments (especially when it's done by an on-and-off girlfriend who's a compulsive liar) (also I've read some of your Demonica book and enjoyed it– I'd say one of the only reasons you're not getting comments is because it might be a little bit mature for KP. as great as this website is, I don't think everyone on here can appreciate the ingenuity of Demonic Compulsive Disorder. keep posting, though– I'll definitely comment when I get the time to sit down and read it properly)

rebecca 09-21-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphiremoon (Post 559908)
revealed secrets are excellent 'oh fuck' moments (especially when it's done by an on-and-off girlfriend who's a compulsive liar) (also I've read some of your Demonica book and enjoyed it– I'd say one of the only reasons you're not getting comments is because it might be a little bit mature for KP. as great as this website is, I don't think everyone on here can appreciate the ingenuity of Demonic Compulsive Disorder. keep posting, though– I'll definitely comment when I get the time to sit down and read it properly)

Yeah, probably.
I guess I'm just growing up.
I'VE OUTGROWN KP WHAT DO I DO HELP ME!

saphiremoon 09-21-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 559909)
Yeah, probably.
I guess I'm just growing up.
I'VE OUTGROWN KP WHAT DO I DO HELP ME!

get a higher roof? (*coughs*)
idek i wish there was something like 'teenpub' or 'youngadultwriterspub'. a lot of good authors on here have outgrown kp, but we all still want to be in a writing community... maybe some of us should make a group thing and become each others beta readers?

rebecca 09-21-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphiremoon (Post 559910)
get a higher roof? (*coughs*)
idek i wish there was something like 'teenpub' or 'youngadultwriterspub'. a lot of good authors on here have outgrown kp, but we all still want to be in a writing community... maybe some of us should make a group thing and become each others beta readers?

Yeah, sounds like a good idea.
We should totally do that.

(When you've got time, I'd like some CC for Demonica because you know, I'm a little unsure about it at times)

SilverMoon 09-21-2014 05:10 PM

Mind-mapping my six projects. Actually making some progress. I feel relatively productive.

rebecca 09-21-2014 06:05 PM

We really do need a teenage section. We can't just graduate immediately into adulthood, it wouldn't work.

So what do we do now then?



Update: Next chapter in the pipeline, from darling Pablo's perspective. He's such a nice fellow. Aside from the frogs, and he can hardly help that, can he now?

saphiremoon 09-26-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 559911)
Yeah, sounds like a good idea.
We should totally do that.

(When you've got time, I'd like some CC for Demonica because you know, I'm a little unsure about it at times)

let's c: do you know anyone else who'd be interested?

(of course c: I think everyone's unsure about their writing at some point in time, but I'll definitely help c: )

saphiremoon 09-26-2014 06:03 PM

i think i live for the scenes when my characters try to kill each other

rebecca 09-27-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphiremoon (Post 560102)
let's c: do you know anyone else who'd be interested?

(of course c: I think everyone's unsure about their writing at some point in time, but I'll definitely help c: )

I don't know. I think most of the older writers would like it. We should pose the question to them.

venika 09-27-2014 02:57 PM

i have this character called louis and he is so adorable <3

Frostblaze 10-15-2014 07:19 PM

All of my characters are so badass and hilarious...
The plot twists and suddenness are...can I just say...amazing and awesome xD Sometimes I just can't believe all this crazy shit that's happening xD

mysterygirl 10-15-2014 07:54 PM

BLACK WIDOW HAS JUST SAVED CONNOR AND SCOTT FROM THE PLAY HOUSE!!! :o

EmmaR 10-15-2014 11:22 PM

HELLO HOW DO YOU WRiTE A SEDUCTION THANK YOU

Lena 10-18-2014 11:47 PM

"Riley was not in the mood for mentoring. All he wanted to do at the moment was go back to year 2075 on January 5th, the day all Travelers met, and find his crush and roommate, an attractive English dude named Oscar who got embarrassed whenever Riley took off his shirt. He did not want to listen to two eighteen year old twins and a twenty-seven year old sword enthusiast chatting about hot girls. Riley couldn’t relate to the conversation—he’d figured out he was gay after seeing the Captain America movies and realizing he had watched Steve’s butt the whole time, which happened when he was about twelve."

i feel u riley steve's got a great butt

((i'm so sorry))

saphiremoon 10-19-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena (Post 561121)
"Riley was not in the mood for mentoring. All he wanted to do at the moment was go back to year 2075 on January 5th, the day all Travelers met, and find his crush and roommate, an attractive English dude named Oscar who got embarrassed whenever Riley took off his shirt. He did not want to listen to two eighteen year old twins and a twenty-seven year old sword enthusiast chatting about hot girls. Riley couldn’t relate to the conversation—he’d figured out he was gay after seeing the Captain America movies and realizing he had watched Steve’s butt the whole time, which happened when he was about twelve."

i feel u riley steve's got a great butt

((i'm so sorry))

hell yes sista <333

saphiremoon 10-19-2014 01:19 PM

okay I know these jokes are awful but they're just so bad that they're hilarious (plus it's my retarded charries saying them <33)

so luana couldn't see anything and then she randomly started glowing and then freaked out but eventually calmed down and was like "well on the bright side, literally, at least i can see now"

and then emmy-embers was being a douche and lying to her and she was just like "bro i can see right through you" and then it was awkward because he's translucent so she can

i'm sorry i'm awful but i love my characters way too much

Lena 10-19-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphiremoon (Post 561130)
okay I know these jokes are awful but they're just so bad that they're hilarious (plus it's my retarded charries saying them <33)

so luana couldn't see anything and then she randomly started glowing and then freaked out but eventually calmed down and was like "well on the bright side, literally, at least i can see now"

and then emmy-embers was being a douche and lying to her and she was just like "bro i can see right through you" and then it was awkward because he's translucent so she can

i'm sorry i'm awful but i love my characters way too much

<333 cuties

venika 10-19-2014 03:13 PM

i start shipping my characters before i come up with plots

Lena 10-19-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venika (Post 561132)
i start shipping my characters before i come up with plots

i feel this on a spiritual level

SilverMoon 10-19-2014 06:29 PM

Will post 3 (shitty) Natural Forces: The Twilight Talisman chapters tomorrow because it's the 2-year anniversary (Oct. 20, 2012 was my Wanna be a character in my new book? CLICK HERE! post that got a gazillion comments and I consider that the Beginning). I'll finish chapter 4 today.

SilverMoon 10-19-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 561148)
Will post 3 (shitty) Natural Forces: The Twilight Talisman chapters tomorrow because it's the 2-year anniversary (Oct. 20, 2012 was my Wanna be a character in my new book? CLICK HERE! post that got a gazillion comments and I consider that the Beginning). I'll finish chapter 4 today.

Wait okay no I lied but I'll post some excerpts

Frostblaze 10-19-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphiremoon (Post 561130)
okay I know these jokes are awful but they're just so bad that they're hilarious (plus it's my retarded charries saying them <33)

so luana couldn't see anything and then she randomly started glowing and then freaked out but eventually calmed down and was like "well on the bright side, literally, at least i can see now"

and then emmy-embers was being a douche and lying to her and she was just like "bro i can see right through you" and then it was awkward because he's translucent so she can

i'm sorry i'm awful but i love my characters way too much

*slow headshake* You just made my day.

SilverMoon 10-20-2014 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 561154)
Wait okay no I lied but I'll post some excerpts

Maybe. I'll at least write. Idk. If anyone cares.

Cherrybomb 10-20-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 561148)
Will post 3 (shitty) Natural Forces: The Twilight Talisman chapters tomorrow because it's the 2-year anniversary (Oct. 20, 2012 was my Wanna be a character in my new book? CLICK HERE! post that got a gazillion comments and I consider that the Beginning). I'll finish chapter 4 today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 561154)
Wait okay no I lied but I'll post some excerpts

yusss post it

SilverMoon 10-20-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherrybomb (Post 561195)
yusss post it

I'll post later tonight if I can, lots of projects this week (leading to a lot of homework)

saphiremoon 10-27-2014 11:56 PM

((supposed to be asleep but whatevs))

so i'm finally sorta kinda writing again but i can't really because i feel like i don't deserve to? and no nothing shitty is going on in my life and i'm not depressed (*knocks on wood*) but i just feel like i shouldn't write this part, because it's such an important section and i abandoned the book for a lil' while so while i'm still into it as hell i'm a little... detached? rusty? idek but i feel like i need to show my book and show the characters that i'm devoted again and that i'm capable of writing this really major scene (honestly it's probably in the top three most important ones in the whole trilogy) before i can actually write it

but yeah

//help please?? opinions???


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.