The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Twi-Hards (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Twilight Haters!!!!!!!!! (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=841)

Arthurboulos 03-08-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena (Post 507430)

You're kidding me. You are KIDDING me... right??????? People actually think about stuff like? Why the hell would JK Rowling me racist?????? And why does she look like Jennifer Anniston?????? JK is famous alright. Whoever wrote this probably just lives under a rock.

Arwren 03-14-2014 12:15 PM

True
 
This is kind of mean to Harry Potter fans, but it is also true. Not to offend anyone out there, but which series came first, Twilight of Harry Potter?

saphiremoon 03-14-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwren (Post 522577)
This is kind of mean to Harry Potter fans, but it is also true. Not to offend anyone out there, but which series came first, Twilight of Harry Potter?

Um... Harry Potter? The first was published in 1997 and Twilight was published in 2005. And The Prisoner of Azkaban, in which Sirius Black was introduced, was published in 1999. So... yeah. J.K. Rowling didn't copy.

Arwren 03-14-2014 06:12 PM

I thought that was right, but i wasn't sure. Yea J.K Rowling didn't copy at all, Twilight did.

maxi 03-14-2014 08:34 PM

...I kind of... um... re-read Twilight.

I like it. I like the book.

Arthurboulos 03-17-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 522607)
...I kind of... um... re-read Twilight.

I like it. I like the book.

Nothing is wrong with Twilight. Something was just wrong with that post. I haven't read Twilight, but I have read Harry Potter and it rocks.

SilverMoon 04-01-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurboulos (Post 522866)
Nothing is wrong with Twilight. Something was just wrong with that post. I haven't read Twilight, but I have read Harry Potter and it rocks.

Hai. I agree.

There's nothing wrong with liking Twilight.

lvhamsters 04-02-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 519121)
I second the Forks thing. Forks is literally the saddest place in the world.

It is ;~; Such rain.....so bland.....

I think it doesn't really come down to hating the book, I think it comes down to hating some of the book's fans.

EpicWriter 04-08-2014 09:39 AM

I'm not going to say I dislike the Twilight books because I've never read them. However I don't think it's entirely fair to hate on them. Yes, maybe they have an annoying, maybe even bad plot. But it's directed at a certain demographic of readers, and if you are not part of that demographic then don't read them. When somebody starts hating on the Harry Potter series, everybody goes insane and overprotective. However, when somebody criticizes Twilight, most people will agree and laugh along with it. I disagree wholeheartedly with the above post, the one that mentions J.K Rowling as a 'thief, racist' etc., but if one of these posts was made the other way around, saying untrue things about the Twilight books and author, not a lot of people would care. They would share the picture. They would laugh at it.
All in all I just don't agree with people hating on other people's writing. What about here, on Kidpub? If someone started posting nasty images criticizing you and your writing, or someone else's, the entire site would go into uproar because of it, including myself. So why is it okay to hate on popular authors?

avbhabra 04-08-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicWriter (Post 525488)
I'm not going to say I dislike the Twilight books because I've never read them. However I don't think it's entirely fair to hate on them. Yes, maybe they have an annoying, maybe even bad plot. But it's directed at a certain demographic of readers, and if you are not part of that demographic then don't read them. When somebody starts hating on the Harry Potter series, everybody goes insane and overprotective. However, when somebody criticizes Twilight, most people will agree and laugh along with it. I disagree wholeheartedly with the above post, the one that mentions J.K Rowling as a 'thief, racist' etc., but if one of these posts was made the other way around, saying untrue things about the Twilight books and author, not a lot of people would care. They would share the picture. They would laugh at it.
All in all I just don't agree with people hating on other people's writing. What about here, on Kidpub? If someone started posting nasty images criticizing you and your writing, or someone else's, the entire site would go into uproar because of it, including myself. So why is it okay to hate on popular authors?

Wow. I couldn't have said it better myself.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.