The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Story Ideas (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Rant About What you're Writing Thread. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4267)

Zelda 01-26-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 594064)
nobody can disprove it and thats why I believe it completely

There's like, an entire book on it,
only the author calls it Inspiration, instead of the writing dimension,
but basically it's the same and there's a published book about it so if anyone ever questions you just give them the book and bring them to the dark side.

(book is called Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert)

rebecca 01-26-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 594110)
There's like, an entire book on it,
only the author calls it Inspiration, instead of the writing dimension,
but basically it's the same and there's a published book about it so if anyone ever questions you just give them the book and bring them to the dark side.

(book is called Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert)

I have to read that
even tho its Inspiration and not THE WRITING DIMENSION someone else understands how science and logic works when ur a busy writing bean trying to make words go happen

Lily09 02-01-2017 05:19 PM

I'm trying to make time to write the fantasy story.

Honestly I have no idea how I want gabe and jasp to meet.

but!
i love them

Lily09 02-02-2017 03:49 PM

when u read a fanfic u started writing a year ago and cringe

Quote:

He’s a few drinks in, feeling a little better. Things are slightly more hazy around the edges. He taps his fingers to the beat against the kitchen counter that belongs to some friend of a friend. Or a classmate. Same thing.
“Hey there, Sammy,” comes a familiar voice from behind him. Turning, Sam recognizes the face. The man is shorter than him, with brown hair framing his face. Momentarily, Sam recalls their spin last Thursday night, but pushes it to the back of his mind.
“Told you not to call me that,” he mutters. “Didn’t know you’d be here, Gabe.”
“Well of course I’d be here. I crash all the parties,” Gabriel says, smirking. He leans over Sam’s side to snatch a cookie off the plate on the counter, but doesn’t lean back quite as far as he happily munches away.

Gracithe1andonly 02-11-2017 05:33 PM

Bernie even acts like a tiny bird
he is more fledgling than most fledglings

Gracithe1andonly 02-11-2017 08:54 PM

been having some action-packed chapters and am now writing some intrigue/drama, it's interesting

SilverMoon 02-17-2017 11:43 PM

just wrote some Sin Game!!!

(aka: I finally actually started the draft of this story I've been planning forever)

Garrett 02-19-2017 12:24 PM

i've been stuck for about two months at just around 90,000 words, maybe a little more. I'm nearly halfway through the book?? Maybe?? A third, possibly?

Anyway, I got on my computer last night, opened Scrivener, and typed up the last chapter (or what I think will be the last chapter). I have an end point written in pencil now. A clear finish line. Hopefully that will speed up the writing process. ALSO i'm SUPER close to a really big goal, 100,000 words. So after I cross that hump, I'm thinking I'll speed up.

SilverMoon 02-19-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett (Post 594337)
i've been stuck for about two months at just around 90,000 words, maybe a little more. I'm nearly halfway through the book?? Maybe?? A third, possibly?

Anyway, I got on my computer last night, opened Scrivener, and typed up the last chapter (or what I think will be the last chapter). I have an end point written in pencil now. A clear finish line. Hopefully that will speed up the writing process. ALSO i'm SUPER close to a really big goal, 100,000 words. So after I cross that hump, I'm thinking I'll speed up.

I'm jealous of writers like you

Zelda 02-20-2017 12:35 PM

I'm finding myself increasingly irritated by how shallow my stories seem. I know that they have deeper meanings, but how do you get those meanings across to the reader without rambling? How do you keep from falling into the trap of sacrificing depth for the sake of holding the reader's interest?