The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Book Clubs (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A Series of Unfortunate Events (Do NOT click. I advise you to look away) (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4645)

rebecca 01-27-2017 03:01 PM

A Series of Unfortunate Events (Do NOT click. I advise you to look away)

With the arrival of the abysmally depressing Netflix series, Lemony Snicket once again continues to torment and pile misfortune upon misfortune. To any fans; why are you so ill-advised that you ignore every warning to turn back?

In all seriousness though, anyone been watching the series? If so...

IT'S THE COUNT IT'S THE COUNT IT'S THE COUNT
WHO ELSE HAS SUCH ROBUST GOOD LOOKS IN SUCH A LARGE AMOUNT
I'M HANDSOME AND I'M TALENTED AND LOOOOOVE YOUR BANK ACCOUUUUUUNT
(IF YOU NEEDED A REASON TO WATCH - I mean not watch, ofc)

did this exist or not? I could have sworn it did but it does now. Tragically so.

Look away.

Jesse 01-27-2017 03:05 PM

I've read all the books and I've only seen the first few episodes of the series but so far I love it

rebecca 01-27-2017 03:06 PM

current mood tho: the hook-handed guy at 0:52 of the count song, leaning on the piano and grinning into the camera

rebecca 01-27-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 594135)
I've read all the books and I've only seen the first few episodes of the series but so far I love it

I read them a while back, the series continues to impress me. I've seen a Bad Beginning and the Reptile Room, onto the Wide Window I believe. Four episodes left, halfway through. Am loving it tho,

Jesse 01-27-2017 04:18 PM

possible easter egg: in the first episode, Count Olaf says that his "sugar bowl" is missing
also I was freaking out when they showed the parents for the first time

rebecca 01-27-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 594138)
possible easter egg: in the first episode, Count Olaf says that his "sugar bowl" is missing
also I was freaking out when they showed the parents for the first time

that's presumably an easter egg, given Daniel Handler wrote the script
Cobie Smulders playing the mother is funny bc she was not the mother in How I Met Your Mother, which makes me laugh more than it should.

SuperJ 01-27-2017 07:13 PM

Ohmygosh yessss! The Netflix series has been my craze right now and on top of that, before you attack me, I've heard of the book series and never got to read them. >_>

But I finished what is of the Netflix series so far. :D
Let us nerd out and discuss.

rebecca 01-27-2017 07:47 PM

sooooo, given that I've read the books and you've seen all the series, where do you think it's going to go? what'd you particularly like to see?

july3girl 01-27-2017 08:10 PM

i haven't read any of the books (though i really want to) but OHMYGOD THE SERIES???? IS SO???? GOOD????? like i watched five episodes thursday and finished it omg it's so weird and creepy and like??/??? i'm so excited for the next season

SuperJ 01-28-2017 05:35 PM

I honestly think it'll continue with each significant part in the book until the end. We'll see more of Sunny, Klaus, and Violet along with Count Olaf. Though my favorite would have to be Lemony because in the series he's just so blunt and funny in a glum, sad way.

XD I want to see Sunny bite more stuff! The effects had me cracking up