The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Twi-Hards (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Edward or Jacob??? (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=45)

Redhead 10-28-2008 05:35 PM

Edward or Jacob???

thanks a million to PERRY for creating this....yeah, i was the one who requested it.....:D;)
anyways, i figured i might as well start the age-old debate that we can't let go of, even tho the series has ended...

JACOB OR EDWARD??!?!?!?!??!?
I'll give you a few Jacob pointers so's we can get it started....

~Jacob is a lot funnier than Edward, but he still knows when to be serisous. Please explain the point of a boyfriend who isn't funny.

~Jacob drives a Rabbit that he built himself, or a motercycle. A Volvo is a reliable car for soccer moms. if your car breaks down, Jake can fix it. Edward would just want to buy you a new one. Zero imagination. I bet that Jake would've been able to fix Bella's truck.

~Jacob isn't OVERPROTECTIVE AND CONTROLLING. *coughEDWARDcough*

~Jacob isn't good at everything. serisouly, how annoying would it be to date/marry someone that can do everything? they are better at EVERYTHING than you.

~Jacob never abandoned anyone in the woods "for her own good". How many times have u heard THAT line? and how many times has it actually done any good? Right. So he didn't talk to Bella for like two weeks in New Moon. Oh, so mean. Compared to Edward's SEVEN *bleeping* months of abandonment? sure.

~Jacob is WARM, wheres Edward is FREEZING. everyone knows that hot is better than cold.

~Jacob isn't all old-fashioned and rules-y. He's not all prim and proper.
~Jake makes mistakes. it's refreshing to be reminded you aren't the only one to mess up in a relationship.
~The actor who plays Jake in the movie is soooooo much hotter than Robert Pat--whatever. Admit it.

LET THE AGRUMENT BEGIN!!!

VanessaP 10-28-2008 05:48 PM

Okay, none of my friends get it! Jacob is so much better! I hate how Edward falls all over Bella! It is soooo annoying!
Edward has pale, gross skin and drinks Bella's blood! That is just downright disgusting!!!
Werewolves over vampires anyday!

Redhead 10-28-2008 08:54 PM

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!! FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO SEES THE LIGHT!!!!!! in eclipse, i cried myself to sleep bcuz stupid bella picked edward over Jake. jake is awesome, jake is awesome...*starts chanting over and over in an annoying little jingle*
yeah, Vanessa! u see the light of truth!

VanessaP 10-28-2008 09:06 PM

I know! It's rare you come across one of us (logical) Jacob fans.

Olivia 10-28-2008 09:38 PM

Edward loves Bella, a lot though!
Remind yourself, he was born at the turn of the centure.
His age and culture and responsibilities define him as a person who is very genuine, caring, loving, and also very much the vampire he is.
He has a satirical sense of humor that is very refreshing to me, as is the fact that he would do anything, anthing, for Bella, like sacrifice himself and his mind so that she could live a better life.
Now, it turned out that he only endangered her more, but the reason was very forward. He loved her so much he had to let her go.

Redhead 10-28-2008 10:02 PM

true. i don't hate Edward (that much) but he can sometimes be a bit....well, boring. yeah, yeah, he makes bella's heart go crazy and he has this sweet, cool breath and all that--very nice--but after Twilight, it seems repetitive to me. I mean, Meyer can only describe a kiss so many ways....
but yeah. if Jake wasn't so ridiculously fantabulous, i could see why so many ppl love Edward. actually, i do now, but yeah...

iluvsports11 10-28-2008 10:48 PM

psh...
JACOB.
how is that even a question?
But... I think Bella got soooo pathetic, like putty in edwards hands (yeah, I used a metaphor... got a problem?). At first she was strong, but then she was very "edward will protect me". Such a stereotype.

agree?

-snowfire- 10-29-2008 03:20 AM

EW NO HE'S NOT! Edward in the movie is so much hottter. Anyway, if you really love someone, who cares whether one is better than the other?
So if you were married to this superstar who ws really smart, you wouldn't like it because he was better than you? ANd at least Edward didn't force himself on Bella.
BTW edward can fix cars - just roasalie is better - and the only reason he drives a volvo is to be inconspicuous.
I just thought i'd fix those points up.
But really, i dont know why there has to be an argument. Like Stephenie Meyer, i like both of them. Though, i like Edwad a little more because of his old fashionsist and awesomness and i like Jacob becuase he's so funny and warm. But whatever. :D
all in all. I'd rather be a vampire. xD

Lauren 10-29-2008 04:18 AM

For me, it's Edward all the way!!!!

I have only read the first two books (trying desperately to get my hands on the third [well, I am in the process of begging parents to buy it for me :D]), and so far it’s Edward! WHOOO!
He is awesome. I love the way Stephanie Meyer describes him – he is like every girl’s dream guy, maybe because he’s such a gentleman.

I like Jake too, but not as much. He would make an awesome best friend, but no more. He has his faults (and yes, I know, Edward does too)…
Edward can control his anger – he has great self control (so far…I don’t know what happens in the last two books, remember). Also, Edward really loves, Bella…

And, personally, I would rather be bitten by a vampire than torn apart by werewolf.

:D

Mory 10-29-2008 09:07 AM

Edward creeps me out

He does. Edward creeps me out. But I don't like Jacob much either.

Redhead 10-29-2008 03:26 PM

Claudia-THANK YOU!!!sometime i think Bella is too dependant on Edward, and it drives me crazy...
also, um, if i was married to a...let's say, superjock, yeah, it's fine that he's amazing at sports...he could be better than me at any sport on the planet and i would be fine with it. but if this superjock could fix cars, was rich, spoke Portugese, was superstrong, could read minds, was gorgues beyond reality, could drive a boat and play the piano like Motzart....um, do you see where this is going? before long, i would feel like i wasn't good at anything at all. that would suck on twn different levels.
and they SOOOOOOOOO picked the wrong actor for Edward. he's not anywhere NEAR hot enough. Jake's acotr is ridicoulous, even if he looks bad with long hair.....

Katie 10-29-2008 08:23 PM

Oh gosh!? How can you even think about saying that Jacob is better than Edward? Even though Edward is soo much better, I still love Jake. ;) Or maybe I just love Taylor Launter. . . . either way. . . I am for Edward when it comes down to it.:)

iluvsports11 10-29-2008 09:11 PM

down with edward!

I just think edward is sooo perfect, that it freaks me out. Haven't you ever liked a boy in spite (and maybe even for) his faults?
And plus, I think it was poor plot construction on stephanie meyers' part. I mean, she ends up with the boy she liked from the beginning! The plot was just to boring. There was no character development!

Zoe 10-29-2008 09:37 PM

OMG, I am so late seeing this. But anyways, as I'm sure most of you know, I'm for Jacob all the way. True love for Jacob. *Sigh* it depressed me that they're fake. GTG.

KirstenCA 10-29-2008 10:48 PM

I like them both, if you can believe it!

On Edward:
Edward and Bella share a deep connection, and that is good in a relationship like theirs.

Edward has saved Bella's life many times before, but, then again, he got her into this mess in the first place! lol

Edward seems so suave and beautiful, like a waterfall. Cooling and refreshing, which brings me to Jacob.

On Jacob:

Jacob is warm and cuddly, but sometimes doesn't think before he does. Like the time he kissed Bella, before the time that she ASKED him to.

Jacob is funny, but knows when to be serious.

Okay, I used to HATE Jacob, but now I'm starting to like him more and more.

Lauren 10-30-2008 03:35 AM

I agree with red on the character thing - they totally picked the wrong actor for Edward! Uggh!!!!!!!:D

KirstenCA 10-30-2008 09:42 AM

I know what you mean!! I don't agree with hardly ANY of the actors they chose. I mean, Bella just isn't BELLA! Definetley not what I wanted.:eek:

-snowfire- 10-31-2008 03:58 AM

mm yeah i didn't think many of the characters fit. Like Laurent! Seriously! He has dreadlocks!!!!! O_O. lol. Well as i said, i do like them both but i'd rather be a vampire.XDXD. lol.

Zoe 10-31-2008 05:24 PM

I know, the actors just... don't fit! And the movie seems really wacked out. I'm not going to see it.

But, Alice is perfect! LOL... (in my opinion):p

KirstenCA 10-31-2008 06:03 PM

I like Alice too! w00t!

-snowfire- 10-31-2008 08:19 PM

Yeah!

Alice is my favourite character out of all the twilight peoples.:D Shes so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O and yeah, shes the one i thought mostly looked the person in the book... though, edward was pretty close to. lol. XXDXD GO ALICE! can read the future!!!!

Maximum2448 10-31-2008 10:28 PM

Jacob would be the one i would have married...lol he's so much better...even though edward is every girls dream...i love Jacob too much to care...strong wolf boys...BRING EM ON!

VanessaP 11-01-2008 11:49 AM

Bella isn't Bella either...

Redhead 11-01-2008 05:55 PM

i know! i am still going to see the movie, tho, cuz i love it that much....hehe.
thanks, MAX! yeah, i no, wolfies are so ridicuoulsy, fantabulously and unbelieveably FRAWSOME!!!!!!!
and zoe--it also depresses me that none of them are real *sobs quietly*

VanessaP 11-01-2008 08:12 PM

I am too. It looks really strange though if we haven't already established that.

Neb503 11-02-2008 02:41 PM

I'm a jake

hhhmmm.... edward for bella... for me? I have a GF. (lolz) ok... but would you guys be a vampire or shapeshifter (not child of the moon). I'm prob a shapeshifter. :D

Redhead 11-02-2008 07:37 PM

jakes are coolio. yay jakes of ze world!

Neb503 11-03-2008 01:54 AM

Yyyaaaayyyyy!!!!!

yay!!! go redhead (or do you prefer red?)!!!!! :D:D:D *hugs* to all shapeshifters out there :D

Maximum2448 11-03-2008 04:04 PM

Lol the guy I'm crushin on in real life is like a total Jacob it's ridiculous.......I would be all shapeshifter....it makes more sense...who needs blood...

Neb503 11-03-2008 04:09 PM

child of the... sun?

lolz. sounds like a cool guy. my GF really is more of a vampire, which is funny. she (recently) admitted that I am more on the shapeshifter side. that is more funny because she has been holding out for ages saying I'm a vampire. I said I was one too... but looking back I'm a bit more of a werewolf (shapeshifter... not child of the moon). :D:D

Redhead 11-03-2008 05:26 PM

Ben: whichever works, i m fine with everything cept maybe...um.....something reeaaalllly obnioxous....hehe..
shapeshifters/Wolfies ruleee.....they are my LIFE!!!

Neb503 11-03-2008 05:31 PM

bibblebobbleramble

lol. :D I like vampires too... I just wouldn't be one.

Katie 11-03-2008 06:31 PM

i dunno what I'd be. . in some ways I am a vampire, in others i am a "werewolf" or shapeshifter. I can never get used to the fact that they aren't really werewolfs.:(

maryam 11-05-2008 06:20 AM

Jasper is totally disgusting. NO OFFENSE, BUT THE DISGUSTING HAIR...........
actually, all their hair is weird. weird...............

Neb503 11-05-2008 11:38 AM

all right?

lol. so... you're not a vampire, then? I was walking with some friends, and I just looked around and go "Vampire, human, half human half vampire, half human half vampire too, human and I'm a shapeshifter." it was funny. I think I got them all right. :D:D:D:D

Carissa 11-26-2008 04:43 PM

Me and my friends (even though they're not here) vote EDWARD!!!!!

~Jacob is a jerk.
~Edward would protect Bella better. (in my opinion)
~If Jacob drove Bella somewhere, she could be in a lot of trouble. He could crash into another car or something from lack of sleep. Edward can get to places really fast without crashing.
~Edward's always there for Bella, day or night.
EDWARD ROCKS.

peacelovefaith 12-23-2008 11:21 PM

Edward

I have gotten over Edward since he ditched Bella in Forks... but I still prefer him opposed to Jacob. I can't seem to get past pain in the butt Billy. I Guess that like many others. Picture Edward as the boyfriend and Jacob as the best friend.

Sarah:cool:

Redhead 12-31-2008 07:43 PM

riddle me this: has Jacob ever, ever, caused himself, bella, anyone else or any item and/or object bodily harm because of lack of sleep? No. plus, as annoying as Bella is, she wouldn't LET jake drive her anywhere if he was tired.
also, edward is around bella day and nite cuz he has no life outside of her, which seems all fairy tale-ish, yeah, but c'mon, in real life, would you want your boyfriend around every single second of the day?

Neb503 12-31-2008 09:29 PM

switzerland!!!!! (you know... like in the books? like bella says?)

Redhead 01-01-2009 09:28 PM

yup. i have friendies on team switz.