The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

AlgebraAddict 10-23-2015 05:39 PM

time is going scarily fast and it's not okay

strawberry 10-23-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 576778)
School is ruining my life, but on the other hand, if I don't go to school I ruin my life. :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockshadow (Post 576779)
I feel you. The education system definitely needs to change, we can't go on like this.

my life rn
i agree like,, why should sat matter?? why can't we just learn what we're interested in and the sole concepts that will actually be important in later life???

meerkat 10-23-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry (Post 576794)
my life rn
i agree like,, why should sat matter?? why can't we just learn what we're interested in and the sole concepts that will actually be important in later life???

no offense but if that were to happen i would get f's in everything
and you'd be surprised how often you'll end up using certain things
like,, just saying

strawberry 10-24-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 576798)
no offense but if that were to happen i would get f's in everything
and you'd be surprised how often you'll end up using certain things
like,, just saying

well then it could be an optional route. if you're fine with the current school system then you can go with that, if there was a choice for people who felt differently too and the choice could result in equal opportunity for the future then i just feel that'd be great, if not idealistic

pluzzle 10-24-2015 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry (Post 576800)
well then it could be an optional route. if you're fine with the current school system then you can go with that, if there was a choice for people who felt differently too and the choice could result in equal opportunity for the future then i just feel that'd be great, if not idealistic

agreed. i legitimately hate school, it's the cause of most of my stress and it doesn't even matter. im finishing ninth grade right now, exams are next week, and i just... it doesnt matter for shit but there's so much pressure? a lot of you guys are in senior high school though right? im going into senior next year so. tips. honestly

(Depending on what senior high is in america/where you guys are. here it's 10 and up)

venika 10-24-2015 07:12 AM

yeah yikes school is so ?? i dunno but i really don't like it. my new school is really focused on exams, like we learn things just because they're going to come up in tests, but that's not what it should be about, i think. and rushing through content so we can finish everything in a chapter is pointless. we aren't learning anything, and we're not applying it to anything in real life. why should we learn something if it's just remembering facts? smh i cant wait to transfer schools next yr ://

strawberry 10-24-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 576802)
agreed. i legitimately hate school, it's the cause of most of my stress and it doesn't even matter. im finishing ninth grade right now, exams are next week, and i just... it doesnt matter for shit but there's so much pressure? a lot of you guys are in senior high school though right? im going into senior next year so. tips. honestly

(Depending on what senior high is in america/where you guys are. here it's 10 and up)

ah im in 11th now and there is so much work this yr, id just say don't take on too much because i had to switch out of a pre-ap math course because i didn't predict how i would do there right
and also, like get any confusions about the subject clarified before it's too late
and ddOnt PROCRASTINATE, it worked for me last year just fine but there's too much to do now, and it's super hard when im not in any state to be able to answer anything coherent but better something mediocre than nothing at all
also idk if you have something like the SATs but i have nothing to say except i wish they didn't exist, but i guess for all standardized testing the only thing i need to work on is time management so yeah
good luck omg!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by venika (Post 576803)
yeah yikes school is so ?? i dunno but i really don't like it. my new school is really focused on exams, like we learn things just because they're going to come up in tests, but that's not what it should be about, i think. and rushing through content so we can finish everything in a chapter is pointless. we aren't learning anything, and we're not applying it to anything in real life. why should we learn something if it's just remembering facts? smh i cant wait to transfer schools next yr ://

yeah that's pretty much how this year is in terms of learning..it's not a good way to prepare us for the future. like i feel like the only reason we get hw is not so we can understand the concept better but bc the teachers have too much syllabus to cover so they try to have the lessons go by quicker through extra work and it is a HORRIBLE TEACHING METHOD BECAUSE WE LEARN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT WAY x-x
i hope your next school is better! :/

Ember 10-24-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venika (Post 576803)
yeah yikes school is so ?? i dunno but i really don't like it. my new school is really focused on exams, like we learn things just because they're going to come up in tests, but that's not what it should be about, i think. and rushing through content so we can finish everything in a chapter is pointless. we aren't learning anything, and we're not applying it to anything in real life. why should we learn something if it's just remembering facts? smh i cant wait to transfer schools next yr ://

this is the forever struggle of my school career.

also when teachers spend tons of time on a subject that is very elementary and then they just ignore/skip the subjects no one knows about.

AlgebraAddict 10-24-2015 09:26 PM

sup I posted a poem you guys should check it out (I wrote a poem about the same boy a while back it's the gtg ttyl one) but yeah

Puckbrina159 10-24-2015 11:53 PM

I would love you forever if you go check out my new poem on the main site. :) Hope all of you guys are hanging in there. *hugs and kisses*


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.