The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

july3girl 10-20-2016 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by july3girl (Post 590305)
tomorrow is the moment of truth. tomorrow i take the map test, which will pretty much determine my future.

because if i don't get a near perfect score on this test, they won't even let me try for selective enrollment, and if i don't get into a selective enrollment school, then i'll have to go to a neighborhood school or a private school and i'd feel bad about the latter because my current private school is SO expensive but the options for private high school are even more expensive, plus my eldest sister is going to college in two years and my mom is switching jobs so we might not have much money to spare. not to mention that private/neighborhood schools aren't as prestigious as a selective enrollment public one and it's harder to get into college because they're unrecognizable.

the test is tomorrow and i am so not ready. i was doing the practice test today and i got like SO MANY questions wrong on the math because math freaking sucks and i didn't do THAT well on the reading even though it's my strongest subject.

i don't know. i'm really scared.

guys i got my scores back today and i did it! i honestly thought i bombed the math portion, but i didn't! i didn't. and now i don't have to worry about this part of my future, because i can get into my sisters's school and my bff can get in (i think. she hasn't gotten her results back yet but i know she'll do amazing) and we can figure everything out from there.

i can't tell you how relieved i am.

Graystorm 10-20-2016 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by july3girl (Post 590519)
hey, i know that you wanna hear from madie, but i just wanted you to know that we all believe in you and believe that you can hold on. i'm sorry your life is being sucky, but remember that it's not always going to be. please hold on.

Honestly, I don't ccare who it is. I just want help, but I don't know how to get help, so for now, talking to you guys is my help. thanks for believing in me when I cant believe in myself

Frostblaze 10-20-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystorm (Post 590517)
I don't know if I can hold on any more. I've gone insane. I would explain, but I cant relive it right now. Man, that's a great song. I really like it.

hey, listen to me, it's okay. just give it time. things are gonna turn around some day. hold on. don't give up. you're doing great. we all need some help sometimes, if we can't help ourselves. just try to hang in there for me. i love you so much, stormy.

Lena 10-21-2016 12:07 AM

I am just like hecka not great my dudes who here is with me

SilverMoon 10-21-2016 09:30 AM

sooo lmao what's an identity

Alaska 10-21-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystorm (Post 590517)
I don't know if I can hold on any more. I've gone insane. I would explain, but I cant relive it right now. Man, that's a great song. I really like it.

ok i don't know you but i do know a bit about your situation. obviously no one's head works the same way but depression is quite common. meaning you won't be ridiculed for asking for help and a lot of professionals know what they are doing. when i talk to people who are about 13 or 14 and depressed, suicidal and actively self harming, i do get it because i was like that. i know you don't want to be told about how great your future will be and this frustrated me to no end as well because i wanted the present to be solved. truth is, recovery is a process. it's an unpleasant process and you're probably so impatient by now but i want to be real with you so you can help yourself out. i hope what i say doesn't offend or anger you and that's not my intention because i really believe you can get better.

first of all, stop focusing on it. stop thinking about it as much as you can. you might think 'wtf is ur problem if i could stop thinking about it i totally would' but i swear there's room for improvement for everyone. i have a dissociative disorder and when i first starting developing it i spent a lot of time thinking things like 'this is so shit wtf i am in such a bad place. look at how everything looks. look at how everything feels. i am so ill' kind of thing. i googled endlessly and you shouldn't surround yourself with it. don't spend ages on the internet thinking about it you have to turn this around. try and integrate different thoughts by every time you think about how much you hate something or how shitty something is, think 'no, that's not what this is about. this and this and this is happening and those are all good things'.

2) don't ridicule yourself. don't tell yourself you can't do something. don't talk to yourself negatively because it won't make you feel any better if you are sarcastic about any approaches to recovery.

3) sleep. go to bed at a reasonable hour like 10 or else you will feel so much worse. sleep is really fucking important.

4) accept your existence. accept what is happening to you. learn to be okay with your body even if it takes you a year. let yourself learn things because everyone at 13 thinks they have everything sussed out, i thought i knew everything. i didn't. there is space enough to grow.

5) set realistic goals for how you are feeling. let people know how you are feeling. don't let them ridicule you for it if they would.

6) surround yourself with positive influences. unfollow all the depression blogs if you follow any and all the blogs with b&w skins quotes about sadness and suicide. they don't help, honestly.

7) please please please please don't lock yourself away. don't stay in your room all day. go outside. don't go on the internet for hours on end. self care is really important because you learn about what you need and you learn to be more forgiving, which basically means:

8) forgive yourself. you're a human being. people forget this so much and like, why should you be able to do everything in the world at once? if you slip up, it's okay. find out why, and learn from it. this whole shit show is a valuable learning experience, i promise

9) don't pity yourself. i'm not saying you're necessarily doing all of these things i'm mentioning, but you can't afford to seek comfort in chronic sadness because you won't have the motivation to get better. i've taken medications, seen psychologists and psychiatrists and done homeopathy and osteopathy and loads of shit and honestly in my experience the thing that actually got rid of my severe depression was me. it took fucking ages, like almost 3 years, but i totally did it because i said to myself 'look, this is happening, but i can do this. i just need to get out of my room every day. i need eat. i need to sleep.' i went through a revelation of 'holy shit my perception of everything has actually changed' which basically means that i realized that everything is so much larger than my thoughts. there's so much more to feel than what's in your head.

10) it might take ages for you to feel better and you'll wanna give up but every day is a step getting there. you don't notice improvement until it's happened. so by getting up every day you're actually recovering if you think positively and are realistic. don't sugarcoat things, but don't think that everything is going to be awful forever because it really won't be.

you can totally fucking doing this. like seriously. no matter long how it takes. if you wanna hear about me getting over my disorders, i can talk, but i figured it would be more beneficial for you if i talked about you

july3girl 10-21-2016 05:54 PM

you wanna whisper behind my back? fine. but at least learn how to whisper, because right now I CAN HEAR YOU.

Graystorm 10-22-2016 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostblaze (Post 590527)
hey, listen to me, it's okay. just give it time. things are gonna turn around some day. hold on. don't give up. you're doing great. we all need some help sometimes, if we can't help ourselves. just try to hang in there for me. i love you so much, stormy.

i love you too, madie

Graystorm 10-22-2016 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaska (Post 590563)
ok i don't know you but i do know a bit about your situation. obviously no one's head works the same way but depression is quite common. meaning you won't be ridiculed for asking for help and a lot of professionals know what they are doing. when i talk to people who are about 13 or 14 and depressed, suicidal and actively self harming, i do get it because i was like that. i know you don't want to be told about how great your future will be and this frustrated me to no end as well because i wanted the present to be solved. truth is, recovery is a process. it's an unpleasant process and you're probably so impatient by now but i want to be real with you so you can help yourself out. i hope what i say doesn't offend or anger you and that's not my intention because i really believe you can get better.

first of all, stop focusing on it. stop thinking about it as much as you can. you might think 'wtf is ur problem if i could stop thinking about it i totally would' but i swear there's room for improvement for everyone. i have a dissociative disorder and when i first starting developing it i spent a lot of time thinking things like 'this is so shit wtf i am in such a bad place. look at how everything looks. look at how everything feels. i am so ill' kind of thing. i googled endlessly and you shouldn't surround yourself with it. don't spend ages on the internet thinking about it you have to turn this around. try and integrate different thoughts by every time you think about how much you hate something or how shitty something is, think 'no, that's not what this is about. this and this and this is happening and those are all good things'.

2) don't ridicule yourself. don't tell yourself you can't do something. don't talk to yourself negatively because it won't make you feel any better if you are sarcastic about any approaches to recovery.

3) sleep. go to bed at a reasonable hour like 10 or else you will feel so much worse. sleep is really fucking important.

4) accept your existence. accept what is happening to you. learn to be okay with your body even if it takes you a year. let yourself learn things because everyone at 13 thinks they have everything sussed out, i thought i knew everything. i didn't. there is space enough to grow.

5) set realistic goals for how you are feeling. let people know how you are feeling. don't let them ridicule you for it if they would.

6) surround yourself with positive influences. unfollow all the depression blogs if you follow any and all the blogs with b&w skins quotes about sadness and suicide. they don't help, honestly.

7) please please please please don't lock yourself away. don't stay in your room all day. go outside. don't go on the internet for hours on end. self care is really important because you learn about what you need and you learn to be more forgiving, which basically means:

8) forgive yourself. you're a human being. people forget this so much and like, why should you be able to do everything in the world at once? if you slip up, it's okay. find out why, and learn from it. this whole shit show is a valuable learning experience, i promise

9) don't pity yourself. i'm not saying you're necessarily doing all of these things i'm mentioning, but you can't afford to seek comfort in chronic sadness because you won't have the motivation to get better. i've taken medications, seen psychologists and psychiatrists and done homeopathy and osteopathy and loads of shit and honestly in my experience the thing that actually got rid of my severe depression was me. it took fucking ages, like almost 3 years, but i totally did it because i said to myself 'look, this is happening, but i can do this. i just need to get out of my room every day. i need eat. i need to sleep.' i went through a revelation of 'holy shit my perception of everything has actually changed' which basically means that i realized that everything is so much larger than my thoughts. there's so much more to feel than what's in your head.

10) it might take ages for you to feel better and you'll wanna give up but every day is a step getting there. you don't notice improvement until it's happened. so by getting up every day you're actually recovering if you think positively and are realistic. don't sugarcoat things, but don't think that everything is going to be awful forever because it really won't be.

you can totally fucking doing this. like seriously. no matter long how it takes. if you wanna hear about me getting over my disorders, i can talk, but i figured it would be more beneficial for you if i talked about you

you have no idea how much this fucking helps me. it really does. honestly, i would love to hear your story. if you're willing to share it, that it.

SilverMoon 10-22-2016 06:16 PM

I'd like to vent, but it is a vent that you all would protest, because like the rest of society you feel the need to police the way others feel. You say that negative emotions and thoughts directed at others are bad, but then I never claimed to be good-- and to hell with being a good man. To hell with it. And were I to spill my deepest struggles and secrets and fears, no one would care or truly listen, for I am not like some people who are deemed Nice and Good and are thus given validation and support and meaningless 'bonds'.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.