The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

Zelda 01-18-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 593603)
just in general hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's understandable,
kinda racist, but y'know whatever, still understandable.

Lily09 01-18-2017 12:07 PM

not to be sjw but you cant actually be racist to white people? racism is a systematic kind of oppression. that means that because white people hold power generally in our society, POC cant actually be oppress white people or be racist to them. thats not how racism works.

now prejudiced?
yeah POC can have prejudices towards white people.

will they ever benefit from it the way all white people (whether you know it or not) benefit from racism?
nope.

Lily09 01-18-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 593605)
not to be sjw but you cant actually be racist to white people? racism is a systematic kind of oppression. that means that because white people hold power generally in our society, POC cant actually be oppress white people or be racist to them. thats not how racism works.

now prejudiced?

will they ever benefit from it the way all white people (whether you know it or not) benefit from racism?
nope.

also im not gonna bite your head off of this so shoot me an email if im not making sense because i just woke up.

strawberry 01-18-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

now prejudiced?

nope.

^^^ agreed

Zelda 01-18-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

now prejudiced?

nope.

no, that makes sense, prejudice would have been a better word to use, my bad.

I disagree with that last part though, because the world works in patterns and the pattern of the oppressed becoming the oppressors has been repeating itself for a very long time. Eventually POC are going to rise to the top of the global power chain and when that happens, there /will/ be racism against white people, and POC /will/ benefit from it in whatever ways white people might be benefiting from racism now.

but for now~

Lily09 01-18-2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 593612)
no, that makes sense, prejudice would have been a better word to use, my bad.

I disagree with that last part though, because the world works in patterns and the pattern of the oppressed becoming the oppressors has been repeating itself for a very long time. Eventually POC are going to rise to the top of the global power chain and when that happens, there /will/ be racism against white people, and POC /will/ benefit from it in whatever ways white people might be benefiting from racism now.

but for now~

thats a possibility, yes. but that will take a very long time. sorry for the wording, i shouldnt have said they never will. they just wont benefit in our current society.

meerkat 01-18-2017 06:19 PM

welp guess im a reverse racist

Lily09 01-18-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 593624)
welp guess im a reverse racist

lmao dont worry im heterophobic and cisphobic i gotchu

meerkat 01-18-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 593629)

i'm a proud heterophobe too

SilverMoon 01-18-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 593629)

the crunchyroll anime awards made me heterophobic because The Straights started bitching about yuri on ice for dumb Straight reasons