The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

AlgebraAddict 05-09-2012 08:51 PM

My friend is like that. She's tall, and big-boned, and strong. If you want to know, I'd give anything to be like her. It sucks so bad being small.

MaryElizabeth 05-09-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 285691)
My friend is like that. She's tall, and big-boned, and strong. If you want to know, I'd give anything to be like her. It sucks so bad being small.

She's right, Eden. It's like my little sister. I'm about ten pounds heavier than her, but some of my shirts don't fit her because her shoulders are wider and mine are more narrow. That doesn't mean she's fat.

You shouldn't feel obligated to wear the same shirt as your friends. You can be different. There's nothing wrong with that.

TheAshWolf 05-10-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 285540)
Not worrying is not one of my abilities. XD I remember the show, a bit… Though I never thought it was seriously meant to help.

I don't think so. Usually I just act either like I had too much coffee, or awkward, or both. >_>

No and no. :P Thanks, too. :3

XD I'm not very good at it, either...but I HAVE made progress.

I never thought it was serious, either...but all the tips I tried worked. 0_0 XD So yay.

Oh, come on. Don't stress over it--I've known plenty of kids that were more hyper than you, and EVERYBODY liked them. XD

LaurenM 05-10-2012 03:44 AM

Yes, Eden, don't worry. I don't give a crap about my appearance nowadays...

AlgebraAddict 05-10-2012 12:57 PM

Socially awkward penguins. :3

chelseki3 05-10-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 284491)
Tell me about it! XD

http://216.70.82.181/new-blog/wp-con...in-is-full.jpg

Here is the epicful picture! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 285843)
Socially awkward penguins. :3

THE EPICFUL PICTURE! Wait...before I say anything...

Do you remember the conversation we had on this thread...?o_o

AlgebraAddict 05-10-2012 03:04 PM

Which one?

L.S.Trendom 05-10-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 285799)
XD I'm not very good at it, either...but I HAVE made progress.

I never thought it was serious, either...but all the tips I tried worked. 0_0 XD So yay.

Oh, come on. Don't stress over it--I've known plenty of kids that were more hyper than you, and EVERYBODY liked them. XD

*Fist pump* Found a random list of tips… Though it has bad grammar in places. D:

Meh, I got reallyyyyy hyper once. *Hopes they weren't more hyper than that* :P Methinks I'll have to wake up early and drink a pot of coffee on the first day. :3 I can't really have, like, meaningful conversations, though… :^I

Sandy 05-10-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 285663)
I have tons of things on my mind right now. It seems like every free minute alone I'm crying nowadays...

I hate my hair. I hate my face. I hate my clothes. I hate my body. I'm not overweight or anything, but all my friends are super skinny so it makes me feel that way. For instance I went shopping with my friends and we wanted to get matching off the shoulder tops. We each got a medium.

When I wear my medium, it's only a little loose, mostly tight, and only goes down to my rib cage. When my friends wear it, it's so baggy and actually hangs off their shoulder like it should.

I'm embarrased to wear it. It's sitting in the back of my closet right now; I've only worn it once because they made me. My mom tells me I'm beautiful and I have gorgeous eyelashes...I still feel like crap.

Yeah. Sorry for ranting. :( My eyes are watering as I write this.

When I look around me at school, all I see are very fine-boned girls with narrow shoulders and thin frames, and since that's the "cool" thing for people our age, it really gets depressing sometimes. I used to be so jealous of them and wish that I could be small and cute like they were. Some of them have gorgeous curves, they have hips the same length as their shoulders and the way their legs complement their figure is very aesthetic.
And then there's me... My shoulders and broader than 98% of the guys in my school, and I have very, very narrow hips in comparison, and even in personality I'm much more masculine than many girls I know... I've gotten teased for looking "manly." Yesterday, my two friends who I was hanging out with both agreed that I looked just like a girl version of Thor (the only difference being eye colour and huge arm muscles... o_O), and when I told my mom, dad, and brother, they all agreed, too.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll81cmM6161qbu3ot.gif
._.
Um... okay, the ramble's over... but in short I guess I just want to say you're not alone, and I'm frustrated in the same way you are. To get to the point... girls get more beautiful with age and as they develop, and you shouldn't be embarassed because your body looks different than other girls'. If I were a guy, I would be pretty depressed if every girl looked the same. And plus, who would ever want to punch out a tall, broad-shouldered, strong-looking girl? ;) Also, having a strong build means that you aren't at NEARLY as high a risk for developing osteoporosis when you're older than your friends are. If you see people who are very, very thin like the girls at my school, it's not just a lack of fat... it's also a lack of muscle, most likely genetic, which will only hurt them in the end.
Also, being tall is awesome. :D



Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 285691)
My friend is like that. She's tall, and big-boned, and strong. If you want to know, I'd give anything to be like her. It sucks so bad being small.

... Really?
O_O
I only have one other friend who's like me and we've both been jealous of petite girls for the longest time...

Timber 05-11-2012 03:34 PM

Thank you so much. :D I'm not really big, or really muscular, it might have been in my head the whole time. My friends, if anything, are extra skinny.

I kinda feel bad for one of them though. She's extra skinny and thinks she's fat, and always tries to throw out her food. I keep telling her not to...she is absolutely not fat at all! This is what underweight models are doing to our generation.:(

rebecca 05-11-2012 04:30 PM

Anorexia is pretty stupid.

MaryElizabeth 05-11-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 286191)
Anorexia is pretty stupid.

I agree, but I pity the girls whose insecurity goes so far. I like looking bulky. I'm not muscly, not slender, not tall, not fat, not curvy, but I like the way I look. It really is horrible how girls our age find being skin and bones mandatory.

Sorry if I came across as preachy.

MaryElizabeth 05-11-2012 05:32 PM

These tags.....o_e

How do people ask for death when others don't have a choice?

LaurenM 05-11-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 286191)
Anorexia is pretty stupid.

It's so stupid that it's sad. I've read a book about it when I was about 10, and it made me want to cry.

MaryElizabeth 05-11-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 286443)
It's so stupid that it's sad. I've read a book about it when I was about 10, and it made me want to cry.

Was it non-fiction or realistic fiction?

LaurenM 05-11-2012 09:56 PM

Realistic fiction. It was funny at parts though, but the ending was sad.

MaryElizabeth 05-11-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 286452)
Realistic fiction. It was funny at parts though, but the ending was sad.

What was it called? I just want to look it up on Amazon.com.

LaurenM 05-11-2012 10:53 PM

Girls under pressure. Don't be put off by the title, though. A girl called Zoe was anorexic and...a girl was dieting because she looked fat... They were from the same school. The last part was sad. The front and the middle not so much.

MaryElizabeth 05-12-2012 12:41 AM

I wonder if other generations of teenage girls went through anorexia or bullimia.

TheAshWolf 05-12-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 286474)
I wonder if other generations of teenage girls went through anorexia or bullimia.

They did. But the world just didn't recognize their illnesses back then, so they were ignored. -_-

Sandy 05-12-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 286183)
Thank you so much. :D I'm not really big, or really muscular, it might have been in my head the whole time. My friends, if anything, are extra skinny.

I kinda feel bad for one of them though. She's extra skinny and thinks she's fat, and always tries to throw out her food. I keep telling her not to...she is absolutely not fat at all! This is what underweight models are doing to our generation.:(

Yeah... I remember when I thought I was as overweight or fleshy or however you want to put it as one of my friends... I honestly thought I looked like her, but that was in my head as well. :) I know a lot of extra-skinny people, too, and they all hang around each other. XD
And yeah... that pretty much proves that ANYONE can have insecurities about their body. I was so shocked when I heard one of the thinnest people I know at a swimming party, look down at her stomach and whine, "I'm fat." Everyone started yelling at her. XD And then the girl in my class with the most perfect body said that this year, her goal was to make it better... everyone started harping at HER too. XD

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 286191)
Anorexia is pretty stupid.

It's stupid because it's an obsession with the self. And any obsession with the self is extremely blinding, creating oh my god I really have to go to the bathroom
(*runs away*)
... creating a psychological barrier around the person, separating themselves from reality, so the focus on their self is heavy and unbroken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 286474)
I wonder if other generations of teenage girls went through anorexia or bullimia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 286477)
They did. But the world just didn't recognize their illnesses back then, so they were ignored. -_-

I think that now more than ever it's because of the media. I know, it's a cliched answer, but it's the truth.
And I'm pretty positive that the generation that will have it the worst is still to come.

Is anyone else noticing that every guy in movies (romance movies, to be specific) has huge muscles? I know that cognitively, boys aren't like girls, so they are much less vulnerable to this, but... it still worries me.
It gives me the feeling that body image problems caused by media bombardment have their sights set on boys now...

Sandy 05-12-2012 07:25 AM

Those tags have been there for a while. :P

LaurenM 05-12-2012 07:32 AM

We had to do handstands during P.E. and my friend said that my legs were bigger than she thought. What running does. Muscles.

MaryElizabeth 05-12-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 286491)
We had to do handstands during P.E. and my friend said that my legs were bigger than she thought. What running does. Muscles.

That's rude. Why would someone say something like that? What did you say to her?

LaurenM 05-12-2012 12:17 PM

That wasn't rude. She thought I was like really skinny, so it was sorta like a shock. It was kinda weird.

AlgebraAddict 05-12-2012 12:47 PM

It's so stupid. How come men can be fat but girls can't? There was this guy, and he wasn't obsese, just kind of fat. My second cousin's wife's brother. He had a huge belly, anyway, the size of my little brother. And everyone was all, "You're well-built, man!" And his wife was just a comfortably plump size (think Mrs. Weasley), and someone was all, "Yeah, she's fat..." I mean, he was a good hundred pounds more than she was. Grrr.

Cherrybomb 05-12-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 286647)
It's so stupid. How come men can be fat but girls can't? There was this guy, and he wasn't obsese, just kind of fat. My second cousin's wife's brother. He had a huge belly, anyway, the size of my little brother. And everyone was all, "You're well-built, man!" And his wife was just a comfortably plump size (think Mrs. Weasley), and someone was all, "Yeah, she's fat..." I mean, he was a good hundred pounds more than she was. Grrr.

I hate it when that happens.

Stephiey 05-12-2012 09:11 PM

Angry
 
Okay, I'll just start from the beginning:

I have a friend named Ellen... and we're best friends... or at least I thought we were. Ellen... we do everything together: we sit on the bus together, sit together at lunch, talk... I mean, I thought we were really, really close.

Sure, she had her problems. She's not a very good dancer (even though she pretends she is), she is a total flirt, and she is really annoying, but still... I thought she was a nice friend.

On Friday, she started saying things like "Oh Stephanie, your mom was like bragging about how you had gotten an award and she hurt Annie's feelings. That's so rude!" and "Yeah, your mom is always talking about how amazing your little sister is at dancing." and "Last year your mom called us too to brag about your award and then my mom got mad at me and I was like 'I hate Stephanie's mom -- well, uh, not like that, but, uh..." And even worse, she said that in front of some of my other friends.

And, I learned that she was mad that I had gotten into Student Council and she didn't. Also, she didn't even vote for me. I thought we were supposed to be best friends? What sort of friend doesn't vote for you in Student Council elections??!!

When I told my mom, she was totally PO'd... not mostly at Ellen, but mostly at ME! She was mad that I hadn't said something and defended myself. First of all, I didn't want to blow up in front of my 60-somethin' people orchestra class, and I also was trying to give her another chance. My mom was so mad that she called Ellen's mom. Ellen's mom said that Ellen had only told it to me, not to everyone else. Well, she might have been talking to me, but some of my other friends heard, obviously, since they were standing right besides us! Ugh! And do you know what else Ellen's mom said?? "Oh, I can't get too angry at Ellen, because, you know, she's a teenager." WHAT THE POOP?

And whenever we called Annie to ask her if my mom had hurt her feelings, do you know what she said? "Oh, of course not! I'm not hurt at all! I didn't tell anyone that." And later, I figured out that, guess what, she did! Apparently, she was talking about it with her whole lunch table!!!

Ugh. So now I have two backstabbing, lying friends.

Great.

Just great.

MaryElizabeth 05-12-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephiey (Post 286938)
Okay, I'll just start from the beginning:

I have a friend named Ellen... and we're best friends... or at least I thought we were. Ellen... we do everything together: we sit on the bus together, sit together at lunch, talk... I mean, I thought we were really, really close.

Sure, she had her problems. She's not a very good dancer (even though she pretends she is), she is a total flirt, and she is really annoying, but still... I thought she was a nice friend.

On Friday, she started saying things like "Oh Stephanie, your mom was like bragging about how you had gotten an award and she hurt Annie's feelings. That's so rude!" and "Yeah, your mom is always talking about how amazing your little sister is at dancing." and "Last year your mom called us too to brag about your award and then my mom got mad at me and I was like 'I hate Stephanie's mom -- well, uh, not like that, but, uh..." And even worse, she said that in front of some of my other friends.

And, I learned that she was mad that I had gotten into Student Council and she didn't. Also, she didn't even vote for me. I thought we were supposed to be best friends? What sort of friend doesn't vote for you in Student Council elections??!!

When I told my mom, she was totally PO'd... not mostly at Ellen, but mostly at ME! She was mad that I hadn't said something and defended myself. First of all, I didn't want to blow up in front of my 60-somethin' people orchestra class, and I also was trying to give her another chance. My mom was so mad that she called Ellen's mom. Ellen's mom said that Ellen had only told it to me, not to everyone else. Well, she might have been talking to me, but some of my other friends heard, obviously, since they were standing right besides us! Ugh! And do you know what else Ellen's mom said?? "Oh, I can't get too angry at Ellen, because, you know, she's a teenager." WHAT THE POOP?

And whenever we called Annie to ask her if my mom had hurt her feelings, do you know what she said? "Oh, of course not! I'm not hurt at all! I didn't tell anyone that." And later, I figured out that, guess what, she did! Apparently, she was talking about it with her whole lunch table!!!

Ugh. So now I have two backstabbing, lying friends.

Great.

Just great.

I don't have any advice, but voting for a friend just because they're your friend is a bit ridiculous to expect.

rebecca 05-13-2012 12:56 AM

Well that sounds like a small hypocritical mess

LaurenM 05-13-2012 01:03 AM

Friend problems are common, but really annoying.

rebecca 05-13-2012 02:01 AM

I'm just wondering how the friend perceives it.

Stephiey 05-13-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 286949)
I don't have any advice, but voting for a friend just because they're your friend is a bit ridiculous to expect.

Yeah, that's true, but we're best friends, and I (and lots of other people apparently, or else I wouldn't have made it on Student Council) think that I'm a pretty smart and responsible person. And, I guess that a few of my friends were talking about it and she was like, "Hmph, well I didn't vote for her."

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 286974)
Well that sounds like a small hypocritical mess

"Hypocritical"? Explain please?? :D


Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 286977)
Friend problems are common, but really annoying.

YES!!!! D:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 287006)
I'm just wondering how the friend perceives it.

True, maybe I'm totally wrong and she's a perfect angel who's been framed.

Timber 05-13-2012 04:18 PM

Guys, I know it might sound a bit cliche, but I found an awesome website where I can vent all of my "emotional traumas" and get answers. Kid's Help Phone? Anyone?

I think it's a Canadian site but I'd expect there to be one for any country. I made an account, I can ask all the questions I want or just rant about my problems, and I get good responses. Not that this thread doesn't give good responses, but KHP is anonymous and the people who work there specialize in kids and teenagers.

Yeah, it's really great, and I reccomend it to any of you guys. :D

AlgebraAddict 05-13-2012 06:42 PM

Give her a chance, Stephanie. Get her into a situation where she has to choose whether to be your friend or not. Talk to her, or yell at her, or whatever.

Stephiey 05-13-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 287228)
Give her a chance, Stephanie. Get her into a situation where she has to choose whether to be your friend or not. Talk to her, or yell at her, or whatever.

Thanks AA :D At least I can count on my KidPub friends... :D:D Wait a sec, you actually know who I am?? I mean, I'm sorta a wallpaper KidPubber, I didn't know that any KP legends knew me. :D Yay!

RayneWolf 05-13-2012 10:45 PM

Confused
 
Hi guys! So, I really need some help. OK, I have two friends, M and T. T is really cool and all, but, she can be really wild and hyper. While M is very young for her age but very sensitive. T is still trying to find herself, so she likes to hang out with these really rude kids, and it is rubbing off on her. T is being rude to M, M is being rude and violent back and wants to kick her out of our group. They are both of my friends, and I really want to keep both of them, but before either of them can get along, they are going to have to both apologize, but they refuse to admitt either one of them is doing anything wrong! :(:(I am lost, confused, and hurt. What do I do?

LaurenM 05-14-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephiey (Post 287268)
Thanks AA :D At least I can count on my KidPub friends... :D:D Wait a sec, you actually know who I am?? I mean, I'm sorta a wallpaper KidPubber, I didn't know that any KP legends knew me. :D Yay!

You remind me of those books about American schools. Like populars and the others.

Stephiey 05-14-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 287361)
You remind me of those books about American schools. Like populars and the others.

Haha! That's funny :D Heh. Now that I think about it, I do kinda sound like that. But I promise you, I'm on the opposite universe of the populars. :) I'm guessing that you're not from America, huh?

LaurenM 05-15-2012 04:21 AM

You guessed right.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.