The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

rebecca 03-13-2012 02:14 PM

Catty, live with it. Advertise on threads made for it here, but don't complain. It's naive, because people have lives and probably didn't notice your writing. I hardly ever get comments. How about we do a swap, ok?

AlgebraAddict 03-13-2012 02:21 PM

I have to agree. Catty, please don't whine. I commented on your prologue, although I didn't feel like continuing.

Catty 03-13-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 259807)
Catty, live with it. Advertise on threads made for it here, but don't complain. It's naive, because people have lives and probably didn't notice your writing. I hardly ever get comments. How about we do a swap, ok?

I'M NOT SAYING THAT! Ugh. Now I feel like a burden. -_-
I AM LIVING WITH IT XD

MaryElizabeth 03-13-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catty (Post 259798)
:confused: Confusion

I'm confused why no one's reading my stories, and/or commenting.

Have you ever thought maybe because it isn't very good? And you put a quote from your own book in your signature? :rolleyes:

I'm frustrated with the newbies. It always seems like they're just ten-year-olds who have oversized egos.

Catty 03-13-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 259819)
Have you ever thought maybe because it isn't very good? And you put a quote from your own book in your signature? :rolleyes:

I'm frustrated with the newbies. It always seems like they're just ten-year-olds who have oversized egos.

I am ten years old. Besides, it looked like everyone was having a good time. Except the girl who writes the Arin stories. XD

AlgebraAddict 03-13-2012 02:55 PM

I'm also ten years old, if you want to know, Catty.

TheAshWolf 03-13-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 259824)
I'm also ten years old, if you want to know, Catty.

o_o .................. You are? *thought you were more around the age of 12 or 13* Huh. Learn something new every day...

MaryElizabeth 03-13-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 259824)
I'm also ten years old, if you want to know, Catty.

Perfect example! And you have an NES that's over 200 pages long!

You remind me of my grandma (no offense): In Michigan, there's a place called Hamtramyk (sorry, not sure about the spelling) where a lot of Polish people originated. Grandma made sure everyone knew that she was Polish but not from Hamtramyk, because not every Polish person is.

Esther, you are an amazing ten-year-old writer amidst all the whiny, self-absorbed ten-year-olds on KP. Thank you for being here.

MaryElizabeth 03-13-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catty (Post 259821)
I am ten years old. Besides, it looked like everyone was having a good time. Except the girl who writes the Arin stories. XD

I'm not going to excuse bad writing for your age. What will you do if you're still a mediocre writer when you're an adult, hm?

LaurenM 03-13-2012 11:17 PM

Then she wouldn't even be able to publish a book...unless she pays.

TheAshWolf 03-14-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 259892)
I'm not going to excuse bad writing for your age. What will you do if you're still a mediocre writer when you're an adult, hm?

e_0 Okay...that's a bit harsh, don't you think?

MaryElizabeth 03-14-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 260000)
e_0 Okay...that's a bit harsh, don't you think?

Not really. I think she should just work on her writing instead of rejecting critiscism.

shadowtide 03-14-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 259892)
I'm not going to excuse bad writing for your age. What will you do if you're still a mediocre writer when you're an adult, hm?

It's not 'bad writing'. And accept it or not, but people do get better at things with age. It'd be pretty depressing if we didn't.
I'm sure you've improved your writing style quite a lot in the past three years. So will she.

Also, I'm pretty sure Catty didn't refuse criticism on her stories… Though honestly I can't blame people who do get upset at some of the things you've written before, because it's supposed to be constructive criticism.
Leaving a comment on someone's work that just says "This is terrible" isn't even criticism at all.
Criticism comes from a word meaning 'able to discern', if you're going to say something negative you at least have to discern and say a reason for it. No matter how terrible you think something is, that's just mean.

LaurenM 03-14-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 260006)
Not really. I think she should just work on her writing instead of rejecting critiscism.

SHe did not reject critiscism. Do not falsely accuse others.

rebecca 03-14-2012 04:06 PM

MaryElizabeth, I honestly think you're creepily like me in many respects. Are you sure you aren't picking fights with these mediocre writers? It's what I sometimes do.

MaryElizabeth 03-14-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 260090)
MaryElizabeth, I honestly think you're creepily like me in many respects. Are you sure you aren't picking fights with these mediocre writers? It's what I sometimes do.

Now that I think about it, Catty actually hasn't done that much. I just keep thinking that she's the new Alexa since she's a ten-year-old female newbie. You're right.

But don't worry, you haven't been cloned. I'll try not to pick anymore fights.

Rockshadow 03-14-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 260125)
Now that I think about it, Catty actually hasn't done that much. I just keep thinking that she's the new Alexa since she's a ten-year-old female newbie. You're right.

But don't worry, you haven't been cloned. I'll try not to pick anymore fights.

No, you're just a realist. Someone who doesn't like sugarcoating things. (Hey! like Sagar!) Sometimes it's good, and people appreciate it, but sometimes (like with younger kids) the people you're telling might get offended. Now, I'm not saying you have to stop, but I'm just giving you a heads up. :)

DragonRider 03-14-2012 06:30 PM

yay! now we got that sorted, back to the ventimg!
right-io (who actually says that?!?!?)... MY SISTER!!!!!!
i'll try and sum her up in as few words as possible instead of pages...
*spooky voice* the devil in disguise! i will stop, in case i start going on too much...
also, can anyone hear *spooky voice again* the voices? O_e

LaurenM 03-14-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 260043)
SHe did not reject critiscism. Do not falsely accuse others.

But she IS annoying, I must admit. I judge that from her stories.

Lily09 03-15-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 258814)
The world looks different since I've been fighting with an eating disorder and an anxiety disorder. They're undiagnosed because I haven't been to a M.D. since I was six, but really, it's hard to be blind to them. I've been crying and fighting against food, not really sure why, and now my parents have noticed and they're doing all that they can to make my relationship with food healthy... After hearing me hit my fists against the wall of my room and walking in and seeing the lamp ripped out of its place and the books scattered across the floor, my mom has forbidden me to stay home and threatened to get me with a doctor, the third time she's threatened and not done it... my dad has offered antidepressants to me twice, but she's always stepped in and said no. I personally don't want them, but my anger management is not what it used to be and is quickly going down the toilet.
But what really troubled me was when I laid down again... I could have sworn that my dad's hand was pressing against my ribs, even though he was CLEARLY not in the room and would never do that anyways... but it was like the hand was trying to force me into the bed, so I tried to shake it off... and then I heard little girls, about four years old, LAUGHING in my head. And... I was confused at first, not really alarmed as much as I was annoyed because they were laughing at ME... They laughed for a couple of seconds, and then they said some things to me, and a man came in their little trio and said some things to me too, but now I can't remember what they are, apart from how one girl said quite clearly "dangerous times." Now the troubling part is that these were NOT MY THOUGHTS, and made absolutely no sense out of context... but they were clear, like I was hearing them with my ears, but it came from inside MY HEAD. I don't know how I should interpret these... dismiss them? I don't want medication, but if those are really the cure... I don't know. I never liked the idea of taking medication that would make you slow down and get fat and feel numb, but... :^I
Right after I thought I saw a huge brown hell-dog watching me in the neighbour's yard, but I went back and I couldn't find it... there was just a railing and it didn't seem like something I could have mistaken for a dog...

This wouldn't be the first time that I've heard voices... I remember when my dog escaped from our backyard (little silly that she is... -___-) and this voice, totally separate from my scattered thoughts as I stood outside, swooped in and said in a very calm, air-like tone, "Don't panic. She's right there." And then my mom found her in a yard down the laneway... <_<

Okay. O_O v
Sandy. Remember that talk between you and Ruza about schizophrenia? Yeah, don't ask how I know. But I really think that you should sit down with your parents and talk about it. Please? Schizophrenia most likely won't get any better on it's own, Sandy. And yeah, medications sort of suck, but they're the best shot you have for this.

I'm worried, Sandy, you're my friend. It needs to be hi-lighted, just in case you didn't want anybody seeing.
And why does it seem that writers seem to get all this crap?

nngo 03-15-2012 08:52 PM

Writers usually get all the crap, and because of the crap, we write.

Lily09 03-15-2012 09:37 PM

Woooowwww.... That trick sort of is obvious, isn't it?

AlgebraAddict 03-15-2012 09:58 PM

Catty: I have to side with Mary Elizabeth. As I've said before, being a writer is hard, and our standards on here are hard. You might possibly not be up to the challenge, if you continue to act and write like you do now.

Mary Elizabeth: Wow... thanks so much. You're really awesome. :D And I have to say the same of your Polish Grandma. 8D

lvhamsters 03-16-2012 09:24 PM

Sandy~ That sounds hard O_O

MaryElizabeth 03-16-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 260432)
Catty: I have to side with Mary Elizabeth. As I've said before, being a writer is hard, and our standards on here are hard. You might possibly not be up to the challenge, if you continue to act and write like you do now.

Mary Elizabeth: Wow... thanks so much. You're really awesome. :D And I have to say the same of your Polish Grandma. 8D

Your welcome. And my grandmother, although she's dead, is much obliged. :D

BlueMi 03-17-2012 10:36 AM

Hyper 8dd
 
MAI. TRAPEZE. CLASS. IS. IN. FOUR. HOURS. :'DDD

*i*

lvhamsters 03-17-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMi (Post 260729)
MAI. TRAPEZE. CLASS. IS. IN. FOUR. HOURS. :'DDD

*i*

COOLY! Have fun ^_^

Ruza 03-18-2012 11:45 AM

I went to get a haircut, and brought six pictures with me.


....



She gave me a mullet.

wildwolf 03-18-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruza (Post 261373)
I went to get a haircut, and brought six pictures with me.


....



She gave me a mullet.

DX That sucks. Is there anyway you can make it look less mullet-y?

MaryElizabeth 03-18-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruza (Post 261373)
I went to get a haircut, and brought six pictures with me.


....



She gave me a mullet.

Ooh. Rough. My sister had a bad experience at the hair salon, once. She came in with her short curly hair (like a messy small afro) and she walked out with old-lady type hair. :eek: At least all she had to do was wash it to make it normal.....but I don't know how to fix a mullet.

What did you say to her?

AlgebraAddict 03-18-2012 05:35 PM

I keep on bugging my sister to get a pixie cut.. :D But she doesn't want to go any higher than her earlobes.

MaryElizabeth 03-18-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 261697)
I keep on bugging my sister to get a pixie cut.. :D But she doesn't want to go any higher than her earlobes.

Why do you want her to get a pixie cut so badly?

AlgebraAddict 03-18-2012 06:13 PM

Because I never want to cut my hair, but I just want to see what it would look like. XD She could actually pull it off, but she refuses.

MaryElizabeth 03-18-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 261753)
Because I never want to cut my hair, but I just want to see what it would look like. XD She could actually pull it off, but she refuses.

Oh, I see. I want to keep my hair long, too. Although it looks average length right now because of the curls. But when its wet or straightened, it goes down almost to my waist.

AlgebraAddict 03-18-2012 06:28 PM

Wow, awesome. my hair is about to where a standard bikini ends. :P Not the ones that look like bras, the standard ones. *mutters about icky styles nowadays*

MaryElizabeth 03-18-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 261787)
Wow, awesome. my hair is about to where a standard bikini ends. :P Not the ones that look like bras, the standard ones. *mutters about icky styles nowadays*

Wait, do yo mean bikini bottom or top?

And yes, some trends should end. Like "Shatter" the cracked nail polish that you could get just from leaving it on for a few weeks; "Feathers", the dead birds you put in your hair; and just plain old wearing tiny bathing suits.

Rockshadow 03-18-2012 06:36 PM

>:( I feel annoyed...Sarah(Catty) completely ignored my CC on her story.

AlgebraAddict 03-18-2012 06:37 PM

Oh, I saw that. I added my two cents as well.

I don't think she'll be very happy with us. :D

Rockshadow 03-18-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 261806)
Oh, I saw that. I added my two cents as well.

I don't think she'll be very happy with us. :D

XDDD I can't wait to see her response.

MaryElizabeth 03-18-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 261806)
Oh, I saw that. I added my two cents as well.

I don't think she'll be very happy with us. :D

Link?

Oh, listen to us gossip like old women! :p


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.