The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

AlgebraAddict 08-20-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 331501)
I'm confused, I'm exhausted, I'm sorry, but most of all I'm just sad.
Recently my mom came out and told me that I'm not well and that I need help. When she first said it, I was shocked. She said I was sick... and for the first time ever I realized that maybe... maybe I am sick. I had lived up until this point thinking that everyone woke up like I did, that everyone had eating problems like me, that everyone saw themselves the way I see myself... She keeps on saying that she'll get me help, she's been saying that for the past year and a half and it never happens, because I can pull myself together fast enough to avoid a therapist because I'm scared and humiliated after what she's told me about them.
She thinks that it's my fault, that I'm doing this to her on purpose... she thinks that I sat at the foot of my bed one night and prayed to God to make me messed up. Unlike most people, Mom, I'm not enjoying this. Some people do enjoy this but not me, and don't think for one second that I haven't tried to get out of it. I've given everything to this and now I have nothing left so what do you expect me to do?
This has been going on for five years now, and I haven't changed. The worst thing though was when my friend posted a story of her "depression" on dA... it sounded like it went on for a couple of weeks and during that time she thought about suicide but didn't want to, and wouldn't have done it. And she thinks that's messed up and wanted me to share MY story. What kind of a freak am I, then? With everything that I've done to myself in the past FIVE YEARS? Everything that's gone through my head?
And on top of that, I feel trapped. My mom is telling me this stuff, that she sees me "spinning around in this sea of hatred" and that I'm "at the bottom of a deep, dark hole" but I can't even trust her to tell the truth. She says stupid stuff to me to mess with me, like giving me a concerned look and saying that I'm losing too much weight and that my face is gaunt... as soon as you left the car after that, my dad turned around and told me not to let you get under my skin because what you were saying wasn't true and you were trying to convince me that I should eat more.
I told you that I can't tell you anything because when you get angry, you use it against me... and you've done so since I first started telling you stuff. And when I let you know that this is WHY I don't tell you anything, you say I'm lying, and you say that I'm making it up, and you tell me that if I ever share this with someone important to me, not to make up stuff... What the actual hell? Why would you lie? What, do you lose your memory when you lose your temper? You think it's my fault I'm like this, but you're the first to say that children are a reflection of their parents. You don't lose your temper nearly as badly as you used to but what about before? I don't want to have kids because I want this cycle to end, and no matter how much you want to drag any kids I may have into this, I refuse to drag them down.
I don't want to eat at all, Mom. I don't really mind because I don't want to live a long life. I don't really mind if my bones bend and break because I'm malnutritioned, because I don't really want to go on anyways. I can't treat you with respect because I don't even respect myself, I'm cold towards people because I'm scared of what will happen if I show emotion to others. I'm terrified. And I'm beyond terrified of what will happen if you take IB away from me. You're putting me back in the chicken cage and letting me peck away at myself until I die, mentally starved. Can't you see that I'm feeding off of myself? Like the snake in the Secret of Kells or whatever?
I'm not sick of wishing I was never born; I'm not sick of being your failure; I'm not sick of waking up and wanting to sink away into the earth, to sink out of this body and fall away into nothing; I'm not sick of wanting to hide myself so no one has to deal with me; and I'm certainly not sick of having these voices in my head, both physical and unreal, whether they are laughing at me or screaming at me that I'm nothing, that I'll never go anywhere and that I should die for my sins. I already told you, and you've already told me that this is part of my personality; this is part of me. But you need to know that it's not my fault I'm like this. I'm not "out to get you." But I guess that's as hard for you to believe as it is for me to believe that you're not "out to get me."
From your messed-up failure of a mentally ill child.
Tch.

I'm not sure what to say. My mom has had her angry moments (especially when she's pregnant), but she's not like that.

If she's so set on you being mentally ill, why doesn't she get you help?

nngo 08-20-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 331501)
I'm confused, I'm exhausted, I'm sorry, but most of all I'm just sad.
Recently my mom came out and told me that I'm not well and that I need help. When she first said it, I was shocked. She said I was sick... and for the first time ever I realized that maybe... maybe I am sick. I had lived up until this point thinking that everyone woke up like I did, that everyone had eating problems like me, that everyone saw themselves the way I see myself... She keeps on saying that she'll get me help, she's been saying that for the past year and a half and it never happens, because I can pull myself together fast enough to avoid a therapist because I'm scared and humiliated after what she's told me about them.
She thinks that it's my fault, that I'm doing this to her on purpose... she thinks that I sat at the foot of my bed one night and prayed to God to make me messed up. Unlike most people, Mom, I'm not enjoying this. Some people do enjoy this but not me, and don't think for one second that I haven't tried to get out of it. I've given everything to this and now I have nothing left so what do you expect me to do?
This has been going on for five years now, and I haven't changed. The worst thing though was when my friend posted a story of her "depression" on dA... it sounded like it went on for a couple of weeks and during that time she thought about suicide but didn't want to, and wouldn't have done it. And she thinks that's messed up and wanted me to share MY story. What kind of a freak am I, then? With everything that I've done to myself in the past FIVE YEARS? Everything that's gone through my head?
And on top of that, I feel trapped. My mom is telling me this stuff, that she sees me "spinning around in this sea of hatred" and that I'm "at the bottom of a deep, dark hole" but I can't even trust her to tell the truth. She says stupid stuff to me to mess with me, like giving me a concerned look and saying that I'm losing too much weight and that my face is gaunt... as soon as you left the car after that, my dad turned around and told me not to let you get under my skin because what you were saying wasn't true and you were trying to convince me that I should eat more.
I told you that I can't tell you anything because when you get angry, you use it against me... and you've done so since I first started telling you stuff. And when I let you know that this is WHY I don't tell you anything, you say I'm lying, and you say that I'm making it up, and you tell me that if I ever share this with someone important to me, not to make up stuff... What the actual hell? Why would you lie? What, do you lose your memory when you lose your temper? You think it's my fault I'm like this, but you're the first to say that children are a reflection of their parents. You don't lose your temper nearly as badly as you used to but what about before? I don't want to have kids because I want this cycle to end, and no matter how much you want to drag any kids I may have into this, I refuse to drag them down.
I don't want to eat at all, Mom. I don't really mind because I don't want to live a long life. I don't really mind if my bones bend and break because I'm malnutritioned, because I don't really want to go on anyways. I can't treat you with respect because I don't even respect myself, I'm cold towards people because I'm scared of what will happen if I show emotion to others. I'm terrified. And I'm beyond terrified of what will happen if you take IB away from me. You're putting me back in the chicken cage and letting me peck away at myself until I die, mentally starved. Can't you see that I'm feeding off of myself? Like the snake in the Secret of Kells or whatever?
I'm not sick of wishing I was never born; I'm not sick of being your failure; I'm not sick of waking up and wanting to sink away into the earth, to sink out of this body and fall away into nothing; I'm not sick of wanting to hide myself so no one has to deal with me; and I'm certainly not sick of having these voices in my head, both physical and unreal, whether they are laughing at me or screaming at me that I'm nothing, that I'll never go anywhere and that I should die for my sins. I already told you, and you've already told me that this is part of my personality; this is part of me. But you need to know that it's not my fault I'm like this. I'm not "out to get you." But I guess that's as hard for you to believe as it is for me to believe that you're not "out to get me."
From your messed-up failure of a mentally ill child.
Tch.

Hey. Don't always believe your mom. Yes, you should listen to her in what you think is right, but parents aren't right all the time. And I think your mom is seriously wrong on this one. You should tell her that you really aren't suffering on purpose.

I think you already figured it out, but not everyone is like you. There are shallower people who think their little problems are worth giving up on life for. Honestly, I don't think your friend has depression. You aren't a freak - she just doesn't know what she's talking about.

Think of this as a classroom. Let's say there are 35 students. In all, there's probably just a couple kids who listen to something that isn't pop/dance/electronica because it's cool. And in those 2 kids, it's unlikely they like, say, classical music and old death metal. But let's say you do. That's a minority compared to the normal majority. That's sort of how it works with your situation. You aren't worthless, you aren't a depressed freak. But you do need help.

Not all therapists are bad. Some are, stinking horrible, but some actually listen to you and unrest and what you're feeling. Those people don't just work for the money, but to genuinely make the patient feel better. Or maybe you need a friend that you can tell everything to, that isn't just on the emotional venting thread. Maybe it's your mission to go seriously talk to your mom. It never hurts to ask, unless you ask for hurt.

And sorry to sound like your mom, but you really should eat. When you're depressed and have a shitload of problems, the future as you see it is grey and hopeless, isn't it? But if you get past a bit of your problems, you can see a light somewhere at the end. Very vague and murky, maybe, but it's still there. Once you get past the grey shadows in front of your eyes, you'll survive. Think about it. What if these horrible feelings you've had for five years go away one day, when you win the fight with it? Let's say one day, they do go away, and you're all you are is skin and bones and a case of happiness that can't last long because you're not eating. Things would be a lot better if you wouldn't let yourself starve and succumb to your own darkness. Just please eat. Not for your mom, but for yourself. And if your mom is just being a liar, don't listen to her.

Isn't everyone scared of showing their emotions at some point? Or rather, most people? You've got a more serious case of it, but it's something you'll eventually have to get over. Or just try, with someone you really trust not to judge you harshly. If you don't really trust alone, you need to find someone that you do. Or just try letting loose every piece of anger, sadness, and despair you have in some way that doesn't hurt you. Or transform your depression into some sort of art to save yourself.

kgs221 08-20-2012 11:06 PM

RAHH!!! Okay.. don't mind me, just passing through, ranting, lots of bleeping out cussing

Gosh Bianca, you really aren't that great! You're just an arrogant little *****
I realize your good, everyone does, everyone LOVES you, and your long hair and skinny body and amazing voice! I get I'll never be as good as you, but you could at least be humble. There's 40 of us, all wanting what you have stop acting like you own the place! You know what to tell people to get them to LOVE you! Just because our teacher gave you the music and the dance to the song doesn't make you any better!! I've been working at this For YEARS!!! Starting at the bottom and working my way up.. And you just waltz in and get in Varsity Choir without trying! If you were more humble, and gracious I might be happy for you, but all you do is rub it in our faces, steal my best friend and constantly talk in class. You get EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!! What do I get NOTHING! And I realize your going to get the solo, SINCE YOU ALREADY MEMORIZED THE BLOODY SONG BEFORE ANY BODY ELSE EVEN KNEW ABOUT IT! But just watch, choir is my life, and your not gonna take me down that easily..:mad::mad:

On the other hand, you didn't have a boy tell you your beautiful today.. Nope, and if he did, he doesn't mean as much to you as this one did.;)

lvhamsters 08-21-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 331501)
I'm confused, I'm exhausted, I'm sorry, but most of all I'm just sad.
Recently my mom came out and told me that I'm not well and that I need help. When she first said it, I was shocked. She said I was sick... and for the first time ever I realized that maybe... maybe I am sick. I had lived up until this point thinking that everyone woke up like I did, that everyone had eating problems like me, that everyone saw themselves the way I see myself... She keeps on saying that she'll get me help, she's been saying that for the past year and a half and it never happens, because I can pull myself together fast enough to avoid a therapist because I'm scared and humiliated after what she's told me about them.
She thinks that it's my fault, that I'm doing this to her on purpose... she thinks that I sat at the foot of my bed one night and prayed to God to make me messed up. Unlike most people, Mom, I'm not enjoying this. Some people do enjoy this but not me, and don't think for one second that I haven't tried to get out of it. I've given everything to this and now I have nothing left so what do you expect me to do?
This has been going on for five years now, and I haven't changed. The worst thing though was when my friend posted a story of her "depression" on dA... it sounded like it went on for a couple of weeks and during that time she thought about suicide but didn't want to, and wouldn't have done it. And she thinks that's messed up and wanted me to share MY story. What kind of a freak am I, then? With everything that I've done to myself in the past FIVE YEARS? Everything that's gone through my head?
And on top of that, I feel trapped. My mom is telling me this stuff, that she sees me "spinning around in this sea of hatred" and that I'm "at the bottom of a deep, dark hole" but I can't even trust her to tell the truth. She says stupid stuff to me to mess with me, like giving me a concerned look and saying that I'm losing too much weight and that my face is gaunt... as soon as you left the car after that, my dad turned around and told me not to let you get under my skin because what you were saying wasn't true and you were trying to convince me that I should eat more.
I told you that I can't tell you anything because when you get angry, you use it against me... and you've done so since I first started telling you stuff. And when I let you know that this is WHY I don't tell you anything, you say I'm lying, and you say that I'm making it up, and you tell me that if I ever share this with someone important to me, not to make up stuff... What the actual hell? Why would you lie? What, do you lose your memory when you lose your temper? You think it's my fault I'm like this, but you're the first to say that children are a reflection of their parents. You don't lose your temper nearly as badly as you used to but what about before? I don't want to have kids because I want this cycle to end, and no matter how much you want to drag any kids I may have into this, I refuse to drag them down.
I don't want to eat at all, Mom. I don't really mind because I don't want to live a long life. I don't really mind if my bones bend and break because I'm malnutritioned, because I don't really want to go on anyways. I can't treat you with respect because I don't even respect myself, I'm cold towards people because I'm scared of what will happen if I show emotion to others. I'm terrified. And I'm beyond terrified of what will happen if you take IB away from me. You're putting me back in the chicken cage and letting me peck away at myself until I die, mentally starved. Can't you see that I'm feeding off of myself? Like the snake in the Secret of Kells or whatever?
I'm not sick of wishing I was never born; I'm not sick of being your failure; I'm not sick of waking up and wanting to sink away into the earth, to sink out of this body and fall away into nothing; I'm not sick of wanting to hide myself so no one has to deal with me; and I'm certainly not sick of having these voices in my head, both physical and unreal, whether they are laughing at me or screaming at me that I'm nothing, that I'll never go anywhere and that I should die for my sins. I already told you, and you've already told me that this is part of my personality; this is part of me. But you need to know that it's not my fault I'm like this. I'm not "out to get you." But I guess that's as hard for you to believe as it is for me to believe that you're not "out to get me."
From your messed-up failure of a mentally ill child.
Tch.

That's gotta be hard, and I understand you. Your not the only one, trust me. It's hard to deal with, but you've got to be strong.
Don't let anything get to you. And as nngo said, you should eat. Not eating isn't going to solve problems. It's just going to make them . . . worse.
I'm not the best person to comfort people, I'm sorry. It's hard to put feelings into words, so maybe I'll just share my feelings. I'm sad that you have to go through this but I have a bright hope that you'll get through it.
I hope you feel better and remember we're always here for you <3

TheAshWolf 08-21-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 331501)
I'm confused, I'm exhausted, I'm sorry, but most of all I'm just sad.
Recently my mom came out and told me that I'm not well and that I need help. When she first said it, I was shocked. She said I was sick... and for the first time ever I realized that maybe... maybe I am sick. I had lived up until this point thinking that everyone woke up like I did, that everyone had eating problems like me, that everyone saw themselves the way I see myself... She keeps on saying that she'll get me help, she's been saying that for the past year and a half and it never happens, because I can pull myself together fast enough to avoid a therapist because I'm scared and humiliated after what she's told me about them.
She thinks that it's my fault, that I'm doing this to her on purpose... she thinks that I sat at the foot of my bed one night and prayed to God to make me messed up. Unlike most people, Mom, I'm not enjoying this. Some people do enjoy this but not me, and don't think for one second that I haven't tried to get out of it. I've given everything to this and now I have nothing left so what do you expect me to do?
This has been going on for five years now, and I haven't changed. The worst thing though was when my friend posted a story of her "depression" on dA... it sounded like it went on for a couple of weeks and during that time she thought about suicide but didn't want to, and wouldn't have done it. And she thinks that's messed up and wanted me to share MY story. What kind of a freak am I, then? With everything that I've done to myself in the past FIVE YEARS? Everything that's gone through my head?
And on top of that, I feel trapped. My mom is telling me this stuff, that she sees me "spinning around in this sea of hatred" and that I'm "at the bottom of a deep, dark hole" but I can't even trust her to tell the truth. She says stupid stuff to me to mess with me, like giving me a concerned look and saying that I'm losing too much weight and that my face is gaunt... as soon as you left the car after that, my dad turned around and told me not to let you get under my skin because what you were saying wasn't true and you were trying to convince me that I should eat more.
I told you that I can't tell you anything because when you get angry, you use it against me... and you've done so since I first started telling you stuff. And when I let you know that this is WHY I don't tell you anything, you say I'm lying, and you say that I'm making it up, and you tell me that if I ever share this with someone important to me, not to make up stuff... What the actual hell? Why would you lie? What, do you lose your memory when you lose your temper? You think it's my fault I'm like this, but you're the first to say that children are a reflection of their parents. You don't lose your temper nearly as badly as you used to but what about before? I don't want to have kids because I want this cycle to end, and no matter how much you want to drag any kids I may have into this, I refuse to drag them down.
I don't want to eat at all, Mom. I don't really mind because I don't want to live a long life. I don't really mind if my bones bend and break because I'm malnutritioned, because I don't really want to go on anyways. I can't treat you with respect because I don't even respect myself, I'm cold towards people because I'm scared of what will happen if I show emotion to others. I'm terrified. And I'm beyond terrified of what will happen if you take IB away from me. You're putting me back in the chicken cage and letting me peck away at myself until I die, mentally starved. Can't you see that I'm feeding off of myself? Like the snake in the Secret of Kells or whatever?
I'm not sick of wishing I was never born; I'm not sick of being your failure; I'm not sick of waking up and wanting to sink away into the earth, to sink out of this body and fall away into nothing; I'm not sick of wanting to hide myself so no one has to deal with me; and I'm certainly not sick of having these voices in my head, both physical and unreal, whether they are laughing at me or screaming at me that I'm nothing, that I'll never go anywhere and that I should die for my sins. I already told you, and you've already told me that this is part of my personality; this is part of me. But you need to know that it's not my fault I'm like this. I'm not "out to get you." But I guess that's as hard for you to believe as it is for me to believe that you're not "out to get me."
From your messed-up failure of a mentally ill child.
Tch.

:( Cassie...look, I know most of that is to your mother, so I won't delve too deep into this, because you have a right to feel however you feel. But I do have this to say:

1.) Your mother appears to be very short-sighted on this issue. This is not your fault, and it's probably not even hers--maybe her parent did that to her, too. I don't know. Listen to what your dad said. Don't let her get under your skin. You don't deserve to have to feel so bad. It's not your fault. If she can't see that, that is her problem.
2.) ...If you can find a GOOD therapist that will NOT drug you, I think you should go to one. Venting regularly and possibly finding ways to control your emotions would help you. I want to see you get better, and this seems like one of the only options...please, please try to get to one, Cass. Try to ignore all the what ifs about this. If your mom won't get it done, go to your father. Make sure to tell him you don't want drugs, though. (Watch the documentary Generation RX if you haven't already.)
3.) You're very noble for wanting to break the chain. But please, Cassandra, don't look at life like you're waiting for it to end. You're NOT a freak, you're NOT worthless. No matter how bad things get for you, you're still a person, and you can enjoy being alive to a certain extent. You can see color, enjoy music, taste good food (by the way, you HAVE to keep eating... D: please don't ever starve yourself), and be with people that care about you. No matter what your mom says, she loves you. So does your brother and your father and your pets and all of your friends on KP. You may not always see your value, but all those people DO see it. <:^J

I hope you feel better about this soon, Sandy. Please keep me updated. And feel free to come to me if you want advice or need to vent or just have a good laugh. *bear hug*

TheAshWolf 08-23-2012 03:07 PM

?!
 
.......o_o

Is it just me....or did a lot of recent WB posts (on all threads) just...disappear?

avbhabra 08-23-2012 03:37 PM

Bored. Well, not completely, anyways. I'm kinda... lost? no, that's not the right word. Oh, I hate when I can't find the right word for something. I'm in the mood for reading something, actually...

GabiDi 08-23-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 331724)
.......o_o

Is it just me....or did a lot of recent WB posts (on all threads) just...disappear?

Nope. They did indeed.

lvhamsters 08-23-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 331724)
.......o_o

Is it just me....or did a lot of recent WB posts (on all threads) just...disappear?

That's really weird O_O They did.

TheAshWolf 08-23-2012 08:00 PM

I think Perry reset the site. O.o

L.S.Trendom 08-23-2012 08:01 PM

The database, I think, crashed earlier today; KP was down for a bit.

CACrools 08-23-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 331724)
.......o_o

Is it just me....or did a lot of recent WB posts (on all threads) just...disappear?

No, it's not you, I had 4 posts, and then I had 1

camikat 08-23-2012 08:08 PM

Yeah, I noticed it. I was looking for a thread earlier, and it just...wasn't there. >_>

Rockshadow 08-23-2012 08:19 PM

Strained my right knee muscles...won't be able to walk on that leg for 2-3 days. :/

lvhamsters 08-23-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockshadow (Post 331898)
Strained my right knee muscles...won't be able to walk on that leg for 2-3 days. :/

Ouch >_<

Bleh. I'm just really frustrated and depressed right now. Frustrated because my entire family is always fighting with each other. Depressed because nothing interesting ever happens. I've read to many fantasy books and I want to live in those worlds instead of this one. It's just maddening that I can't escape and that nothing interesting will happen.

meerkat 08-23-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avbhabra (Post 331729)
Bored. Well, not completely, anyways. I'm kinda... lost? no, that's not the right word. Oh, I hate when I can't find the right word for something. I'm in the mood for reading something, actually...

Same here... I have homework but just don't want to do it, and I already read every book in my entire house, so I guess I'll just stick to homework...

LaurenM 08-24-2012 12:11 AM

This thread used to have 224 pages or more, but now there isn't.
Did anyone see my rant in white?

LaurenM 08-24-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockshadow (Post 331898)
Strained my right knee muscles...won't be able to walk on that leg for 2-3 days. :/

Strained my stomach, ankle and knee muscles. Mildly.

TheAshWolf 08-24-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 331952)
This thread used to have 224 pages or more, but now there isn't.
Did anyone see my rant in white?

The database might have crashed. I think Perry reset some things.

LaurenM 08-24-2012 03:02 AM

What the heck do you do when your friend never talks to you unless you ask her something and even so, it's just a short reply?
I want to know why. Maybe she's bored with me, since I'm a pretty boring person after all, or angry, though the only reason she could be is stupid, and I stupidly asked her whether she was mad at me and she denied it.
I think it's partly hormones. I want to cheer myself up, but it's hard. It's OK now, alone in my room (since she's away in other teammates' rooms), but when I go running I'll get depressed again. And she most probably won't sit with me on the aeroplane, which makes me want to collapse in a sobbing heap.
Hormones...D:<
But I can't help hanging onto her.

rebecca 08-24-2012 03:41 AM

I have no idea!

LaurenM 08-24-2012 09:35 AM

Fine :cool:
So what happened? You wrote a post that seemed desperate.

AlgebraAddict 08-24-2012 02:14 PM

URGH.

Okay, so my best friend is in Arizona today. No problem. I usually eat lunch with her and a girl named Nemali. I didn't feel like digging up Nemali, because I wanted to get to the library as fast as possible and read/hang out on KP. So I just chose a table a few feet away from the library and ate my lunch all alone. This teacher on the building across from it saw me all alone, and then when I was walking to the library again, caught me and asked me if I had any friends. Excuse me? I have quite a few great friends here. And lots of people sit alone. Maybe you're just worried about the girl who talks funny and has a long black/blue/white sun dress with a baggy-sleeved shirt underneath? My friends don't judge me by what I look like or how I sound, and I find it insulting that you do.

This is probably just a random rant. Meh.

Gonna check out a book. :D

GabiDi 08-24-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 331992)
URGH.

Okay, so my best friend is in Arizona today. No problem. I usually eat lunch with her and a girl named Nemali. I didn't feel like digging up Nemali, because I wanted to get to the library as fast as possible and read/hang out on KP. So I just chose a table a few feet away from the library and ate my lunch all alone. This teacher on the building across from it saw me all alone, and then when I was walking to the library again, caught me and asked me if I had any friends. Excuse me? I have quite a few great friends here. And lots of people sit alone. Maybe you're just worried about the girl who talks funny and has a long black/blue/white sun dress with a baggy-sleeved shirt underneath? My friends don't judge me by what I look like or how I sound, and I find it insulting that you do.

This is probably just a random rant. Meh.

Gonna check out a book. :D

I just thought the wording in bold was hilarious. :D

I hate when teachers do that... In my school, the tables are always completely filled up, so it's kind of impossible to eat lunch alone. But if you sit alone - which I'll do sometimes if I'm mad at my friends, or want to get homework done - they freak out... I guess they just worry about us. But still.

TheAshWolf 08-24-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 331994)
I just thought the wording in bold was hilarious. :D

I hate when teachers do that... In my school, the tables are always completely filled up, so it's kind of impossible to eat lunch alone. But if you sit alone - which I'll do sometimes if I'm mad at my friends, or want to get homework done - they freak out... I guess they just worry about us. But still.

o_o One of the lunch monitor teachers used to try to direct me to another table if I was sitting alone.

Teacher: Why don't you go sit with Mary and her friends?
Me: o_o ...Because Mary hates me. And her friends enjoy torturing me.
Teacher: Oh, that's not true!
Me: Yes, it is. I don't need to sit with anyone, anyway. I just want to eat my food.
Teacher: Aw, come on. Go sit with Mary. Talk to her! I'm sure you have a lot in common.
Me: e_e ...Please just let me eat my food. *turns back to sloppy joe and ignores her pleading*

GabiDi 08-24-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 332001)
o_o One of the lunch monitor teachers used to try to direct me to another table if I was sitting alone.

Teacher: Why don't you go sit with Mary and her friends?
Me: o_o ...Because Mary hates me. And her friends enjoy torturing me.
Teacher: Oh, that's not true!
Me: Yes, it is. I don't need to sit with anyone, anyway. I just want to eat my food.
Teacher: Aw, come on. Go sit with Mary. Talk to her! I'm sure you have a lot in common.
Me: e_e ...Please just let me eat my food. *turns back to sloppy joe and ignores her pleading*

>.< I hate that. I was always a serious kid... so at art lessons, the teacher would always be like, "Aw, you're so serious... go play with the other kids" or something. Just stuff like that. :p

You're lucky that you have enough tables to sit alone. We're never OUT of room, but you can't just sit alone or eventually someone's going to force into your table since there's no where else to sit. xD

rebecca 08-24-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 331992)
URGH.

Okay, so my best friend is in Arizona today. No problem. I usually eat lunch with her and a girl named Nemali. I didn't feel like digging up Nemali, because I wanted to get to the library as fast as possible and read/hang out on KP. So I just chose a table a few feet away from the library and ate my lunch all alone. This teacher on the building across from it saw me all alone, and then when I was walking to the library again, caught me and asked me if I had any friends. Excuse me? I have quite a few great friends here. And lots of people sit alone. Maybe you're just worried about the girl who talks funny and has a long black/blue/white sun dress with a baggy-sleeved shirt underneath? My friends don't judge me by what I look like or how I sound, and I find it insulting that you do.

This is probably just a random rant. Meh.

Gonna check out a book. :D

You buried your friend? How did you kill her prior to this?

MaryElizabeth 08-24-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 332010)
You buried your friend? How did you kill her prior to this?

:D:D

Ten characters

GabiDi 08-24-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 332010)
You buried your friend? How did you kill her prior to this?

The awesomeness of that was multiplied by the word 'prior'. I'm not entirely sure why, but it was.

MaryElizabeth 08-24-2012 04:36 PM

Anxious-ness O_o
 
Alright, I'm going to a new school, and luckily, my mom knows my homeroom teacher pretty well, so I hope that means that he won't be condescending and bitter like most of my previous teachers.

I'm really excited, because I have a few distant family friends there, so at least I won't be entirely alone.

I think that the lessons are going to be very interesting, but I'm terrified of doing math again.

Obviously, I'm not going to get along with everybody, but I think if anyone gives me any trouble, I'll remember not to care. Although, my social skills haven't been practicing meeting and making new friends, so I hope I'll at least survive the first day.

Any tips on greeting people and making aquaintances?

MaryElizabeth 08-24-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 332028)
The awesomeness of that was multiplied by the word 'prior'. I'm not entirely sure why, but it was.

To me, it made her sound like she was a psychologist helping a previous murderer. XD

GabiDi 08-24-2012 05:15 PM

I feel like giving all us angsty teenagers a gif:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m996yrVdjp1qmmh0l.gif

Moogle 08-24-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 332030)
Alright, I'm going to a new school, and luckily, my mom knows my homeroom teacher pretty well, so I hope that means that he won't be condescending and bitter like most of my previous teachers.

I'm really excited, because I have a few distant family friends there, so at least I won't be entirely alone.

I think that the lessons are going to be very interesting, but I'm terrified of doing math again.

Obviously, I'm not going to get along with everybody, but I think if anyone gives me any trouble, I'll remember not to care. Although, my social skills haven't been practicing meeting and making new friends, so I hope I'll at least survive the first day.

Any tips on greeting people and making aquantinces?

Um no. I went to a new school this year (survives the first week of high school! Yesh!) and knew hardly ANY ONE and am still kind of a loner....the few friends I have made all have A lunch, and I have B lunch D:
So ya...just try to find kids that will accept you and you'd want to hang out with I guess.
^_^ I'm so lame at giving advice.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 332039)
I feel like giving all us angsty teenagers a gif:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m996yrVdjp1qmmh0l.gif

YESH :D

AlgebraAddict 08-24-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 332010)
You buried your friend? How did you kill her prior to this?


If you say a word about it to the authorities, you shall be prone to the same unfortunate fate.

AlgebraAddict 08-24-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 332030)
Alright, I'm going to a new school, and luckily, my mom knows my homeroom teacher pretty well, so I hope that means that he won't be condescending and bitter like most of my previous teachers.

I'm really excited, because I have a few distant family friends there, so at least I won't be entirely alone.

I think that the lessons are going to be very interesting, but I'm terrified of doing math again.

Obviously, I'm not going to get along with everybody, but I think if anyone gives me any trouble, I'll remember not to care. Although, my social skills haven't been practicing meeting and making new friends, so I hope I'll at least survive the first day.

Any tips on greeting people and making aquantinces?


*aquaintances

Anyway, my personal experience was that if you find yourself in close proximity of at least seventeen people at all times, you eventually find someone to hang out with, whether it's sitting at a lunch table or computer lab partnerishness or whatever. :3

MaggieMay 08-24-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 332030)
Alright, I'm going to a new school, and luckily, my mom knows my homeroom teacher pretty well, so I hope that means that he won't be condescending and bitter like most of my previous teachers.

I'm really excited, because I have a few distant family friends there, so at least I won't be entirely alone.

I think that the lessons are going to be very interesting, but I'm terrified of doing math again.

Obviously, I'm not going to get along with everybody, but I think if anyone gives me any trouble, I'll remember not to care. Although, my social skills haven't been practicing meeting and making new friends, so I hope I'll at least survive the first day.

Any tips on greeting people and making aquantinces?

Recently, I had my first day of middle school, and my goal was to meet tons of new people. But I was TERRIFIED if people were going to like me or not--I'm generally a really shy person, so I was worried I wouldn't be brave enough to talk to anyone.

Let me just say this: RELAX.

I did fine. I met someone who LOVED writing and randomness just like me on the FIRST DAY, and now, we're cowriting a book together. I also met a few other people who I also talk to. It isn't that hard.

My advice: Sit by someone new in class. You'll probably get a chance to associate with them, and you might find out that you have a lot in common. A lot of other people are looking to meet new friends, too, so you aren't alone. Usually, when they don't know each other yet, kids are really friendly--and shy--to one another. Sure, you'll have people you dislike, but you'll also find people you like.

Meh. I hope this helped. Good luck ^_^

MaryElizabeth 08-24-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 332087)
*aquaintances

Anyway, my personal experience was that if you find yourself in close proximity of at least seventeen people at all times, you eventually find someone to hang out with, whether it's sitting at a lunch table or computer lab partnerishness or whatever. :3

*facepalm* Argh, I hate it when I spell things wrong. XD

Thanks, that actually helps a lot. *thumbs up*
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 332115)
Recently, I had my first day of middle school, and my goal was to meet tons of new people. But I was TERRIFIED if people were going to like me or not--I'm generally a really shy person, so I was worried I wouldn't be brave enough to talk to anyone.

Let me just say this: RELAX.

I did fine. I met someone who LOVED writing and randomness just like me on the FIRST DAY, and now, we're cowriting a book together. I also met a few other people who I also talk to. It isn't that hard.

My advice: Sit by someone new in class. You'll probably get a chance to associate with them, and you might find out that you have a lot in common. A lot of other people are looking to meet new friends, too, so you aren't alone. Usually, when they don't know each other yet, kids are really friendly--and shy--to one another. Sure, you'll have people you dislike, but you'll also find people you like.

Meh. I hope this helped. Good luck ^_^

Thanks a bunch. I hope I'm as lucky as you. :^]

rebecca 08-25-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 332085)
If you say a word about it to the authorities, you shall be prone to the same unfortunate fate.

How do you intend to find me? Or, less likely, manage to end my existence?

LaurenM 08-25-2012 08:02 AM

I iz confused...
Not really. Well, kind of.
See me? That proves I AM confused. At least I know some of them don't hate me.
I'm homesick.

AlgebraAddict 08-25-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 332226)
*facepalm* Argh, I hate it when I spell things wrong. XD

Thanks, that actually helps a lot. *thumbs up*


Thanks a bunch. I hope I'm as lucky as you. :^]

Haha, but I love it when I get to correct people. ^-^

I think I once spelled Ninja Nijna. D8

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 332246)
How do you intend to find me? Or, less likely, manage to end my existence?

I have my ways. :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.