The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   KidPub Yearbook: 2008 (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KidPub Complete Fight History (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=102)

rebecca 04-30-2012 03:25 PM

Do you usually call you mother 'mom' or is that just a KP thing, due to the high percentage of Americans here?

chelseki3 04-30-2012 03:27 PM

Okay, I sometimes call her "Shelda", which is her real name, and I only call her "mom" if I'm saying "thank you" to her because I get really awkward when it comes to saying "thank you" or "please" or "sorry" in the Real World, not in the Internet World. Most of the time, I call her "mum" or "mother". :p Basically, I like spelling "mom" the American way even though in my writing my teacher writes a little note saying please spell "mum" with a "u". :rolleyes:

MaryElizabeth 04-30-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 281266)
Okay, I sometimes call her "Shelda", which is her real name, and I only call her "mom" if I'm saying "thank you" to her because I get really awkward when it comes to saying "thank you" or "please" or "sorry" in the Real World, not in the Internet World. Most of the time, I call her "mum" or "mother". :p Basically, I like spelling "mom" the American way even though in my writing my teacher writes a little note saying please spell "mum" with a "u". :rolleyes:

Your teacher would rather you spell it in the English way? Would it really matter, though? I would get annoyed if I wrote "mum" and the teacher didn't approve. That's just preposterous.

MBelle 04-30-2012 09:00 PM

My Mom would not like it if I called her by her first name.

LaurenM 04-30-2012 10:01 PM

I don't think my mother will mind if I called her 'Vikki'. But I've never called her that, just 'Ma', half of the Chinese term of 'mother'. It originally is 'Mama'

rebecca 05-01-2012 12:20 PM

The English word, not spelling is Mum. Mom isn't used. The teacher would correct her, because it isn't an English word.

wildwolf 05-02-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 281691)
The English word, not spelling is Mum. Mom isn't used. The teacher would correct her, because it isn't an English word.

It is a word. Mum and Mom are both endearing terms for 'mother'.

LaurenM 05-02-2012 11:25 AM

It isn't a British word, it's an American word.

chelseki3 05-02-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 282246)
It isn't a British word, it's an American word.

"Mom" is a American word, and "Mum" (which is pronounced differently from "mom") is a British word. :D This grammar/spelling is complicated...

chelseki3 05-02-2012 03:29 PM

http://www.kidpub.com/poll/how-do-yo...ayon-975123181

O_o

MaryElizabeth 05-02-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 282271)

I know. I held my tongue, but it was hard.

chelseki3 05-02-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 282275)
I know. I held my tongue, but it was hard.

I know this is absolutley ridiculous...but...

I keep on thinking that Crayon is from a different country and she's using a translator or something to post her stories on KP. Look at the difference:

http://www.kidpub.com/story/diamonds...r-1-2168123197

^That was pretty good. I was to lazy to comment on it...*headdesk*

http://www.kidpub.com/story/hi-guys-...ber-2168123178

^What the...what kind of bad grammar is that?! o_o She's supposed to be thirteen, right...?

MaryElizabeth 05-02-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 282281)
I know this is absolutley ridiculous...but...

I keep on thinking that Crayon is from a different country and she's using a translator or something to post her stories on KP. Look at the difference:

http://www.kidpub.com/story/diamonds...r-1-2168123197

^That was pretty good. I was to lazy to comment on it...*headdesk*

http://www.kidpub.com/story/hi-guys-...ber-2168123178

^What the...what kind of bad grammar is that?! o_o She's supposed to be thirteen, right...?

Yeah, I noticed that. It seemed like Crayon thought (because I still think she's suspicious) that a thirteen year old shouts "GUURRLLLL" all the time and has horrible grammar, and then when I gave him/her critiscism on her first horrible story, she/he changed it to make it way better. Unnaturally better.

chelseki3 05-02-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 282290)
Yeah, I noticed that. It seemed like Crayon thought (because I still think she's suspicious) that a thirteen year old shouts "GUURRLLLL" all the time and has horrible grammar, and then when I gave him/her critiscism on her first horrible story, she/he changed it to make it way better. Unnaturally better.

It's freaky the way she used horrendous grammar in her "I am new to KP! I demand you come!" post...(I think that was the title, anyway.) It's really, really creepy...I mean, come on.

"Storys" instead of "stories"...? o_o I am going to be watching her. :cool:

I find that when Crayon shouts "GUUURRRL" all the time aggravating. I seriously do. -_-'

MaryElizabeth 05-02-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 282291)
It's freaky the way she used horrendous grammar in her "I am new to KP! I demand you come!" post...(I think that was the title, anyway.) It's really, really creepy...I mean, come on.

"Storys" instead of "stories"...? o_o I am going to be watching her. :cool:

I find that when Crayon shouts "GUUURRRL" all the time aggravating. I seriously do. -_-'

Yes, Rockshadow, LST, a few other people, and I were talking about that, because she sounds like an adult trying to be a teenager.

chelseki3 05-02-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 282297)
Yes, Rockshadow, LST, a few other people, and I were talking about that, because she sounds like an adult trying to be a teenager.

Exactly...;)

It took just a few seconds for what you just said to sink in:

OMGTHERE'SASTALKERONKIDPUB!!!! D^: Now I can see everything clearly...it was like plastic was pulled off of my eyes...0_o CRAYONISASTALKERORANADULTPRETENDINGTOBEATEENAGERHE LP!!!

*inhales* *exhales*


I'm totally fine now. *twiiiiitch*

BlueMi 05-02-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 282297)
Yes, Rockshadow, LST, a few other people, and I were talking about that, because she sounds like an adult trying to be a teenager.

I didn't actually contribute to the conversation, but I followed it. I think you guys are right... o__O

MaryElizabeth 05-02-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 282299)
Exactly...;)

It took just a few seconds for what you just said to sink in:

OMGTHERE'SASTALKERONKIDPUB!!!! D^: Now I can see everything clearly...it was like plastic was pulled off of my eyes...0_o CRAYONISASTALKERORANADULTPRETENDINGTOBEATEENAGERHE LP!!!

*inhales* *exhales*


I'm totally fine now. *twiiiiitch*

Well, it's just a hunch. Read all the recent posts on "Your emotional venting thread" and you'll see our anylasis on it.

Rockshadow 05-02-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMi (Post 282301)
I didn't actually contribute to the conversation, but I followed it. I think you guys are right... o__O

Me too. I mean, I may be overreacting, but....I HAS MY SUSPICIOUS!! *le troll face*

BirdieWriter 05-02-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olivia (Post 1534)
Everyone remember's my leaving!
When Heather copied one of my stories, I thew a fit.
SUPER FUNNY!

I know this was a forever ago first, but just wondering, were you talking about me? If I did....sorry! I didn't mean to (obviously, because I didn't know.) I think there might be more than one Heather though.:confused:

L.S.Trendom 05-02-2012 06:46 PM

That was over three years before you joined. And that Olivia hasn't been on in almost two years…

TheMoonWakedWolf 05-02-2012 07:30 PM

Whoa. Now that I look at the whole "Crayon" situation...it does seem a little creepy. D:

rebecca 05-03-2012 12:48 PM

I have been defending you against Evyn....

MaryElizabeth 05-03-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 282593)
I have been defending you against Evyn....

Yeah, I saw that. :p Thanks.

AlgebraAddict 05-03-2012 03:20 PM

Link please?

MBelle 05-03-2012 03:21 PM

"GUUUUUUUUUUURL"? Maybe Crayon is Super excited. Or a stalker. Either one. On that poll she was arrogant.

AlgebraAddict 05-03-2012 03:24 PM

Mochi seems to trust her...

MBelle 05-03-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 282615)
Link please?

Its the Poll in my track, "How do you say Crayon?" I might be able to get a link. I did not see the fight when I commented, I was focused on the poll. Sorry, guys.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...HMPV0QHs-ZnVDA

Might not work.

MBelle 05-03-2012 03:25 PM

It didn't. Here's a link.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...HMPV0QHs-ZnVDA

MBelle 05-03-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 282617)
Mochi seems to trust her...

Cause Crayon like Idolizes her!

"Infinite Mochi I demand you come!"

AlgebraAddict 05-03-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBelle (Post 282620)
Cause Crayon like Idolizes her!

"Infinite Mochi I demand you come!"


If someone "idolized" me, I would be creeped out, not flattered. I think that Mochi has enough sense to do the same.






Hmm... MaryElizabeth says that she sounded a bit arrogant, big reaction, big fight... stupid fight...

rebecca 05-03-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 282275)
I know. I held my tongue, but it was hard.

I had a strange mental image of your tongue trying to fly through the air, with you holding onto it with great difficulty.

rebecca 05-03-2012 04:43 PM

I am not making this up, a girl in my class asked whether Germany lost WW2 as well as WW1....:cool:

MaryElizabeth 05-03-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 282639)
I had a strange mental image of your tongue trying to fly through the air, with you holding onto it with great difficulty.

Trust me, it was less violent.

MaryElizabeth 05-03-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 282643)
I am not making this up, a girl in my class asked whether Germany lost WW2 as well as WW1....:cool:

:rolleyes::p:D Oh dear Lord.....

rebecca 05-03-2012 04:47 PM

We all said 'no, they won and invaded the world which is why we are all speaking German...'

AlgebraAddict 05-03-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 282649)
We all said 'no, they won and invaded the world which is why we are all speaking German...'


O.O That girl... sounds a bit dumb.

MBelle 05-03-2012 05:18 PM

What will we do about Crayon?

AlgebraAddict 05-03-2012 05:27 PM

So you think she's a stalker? :rolleyes:

rebecca 05-03-2012 05:28 PM

I think she's mental.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.