The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

TheAshWolf 08-02-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleigh (Post 325900)
Mom is in the hospital again. Stupid diverticulitis. I'm just really scared she's going to die, because the medicene she has makes her sick. I don't know what I'd do without my Mom. D: She's already been in the hospital once for it, and now this...

I'm trying not to focus on the negative, and I keep trying to tell myself she'll get better soon, but the thing that bothers me the most is that I don't know if she will.

If you pray, please keep her in your prayers. I'm sure she'll appreciate them. :/

Just try not to dwell on the "what if"s, okay? <:^J I know, it's hard watching someone you love be in pain. I know, it's hard not to wonder what you'd do without them. But you need to be strong if not for your own sake, but for her sake, too. If the situation were reversed, and you were the one that's sick, I doubt you'd like to see her falling apart over you. Just be there for her, let her know that you love her and you're rooting for her, and keep in mind that you got your KP family behind you (including me). We all luff you, hon. And I sincerely hope things get better for you and your mother.

08-02-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 325970)
Just try not to dwell on the "what if"s, okay? <:^J I know, it's hard watching someone you love be in pain. I know, it's hard not to wonder what you'd do without them. But you need to be strong if not for your own sake, but for her sake, too. If the situation were reversed, and you were the one that's sick, I doubt you'd like to see her falling apart over you. Just be there for her, let her know that you love her and you're rooting for her, and keep in mind that you got your KP family behind you (including me). We all luff you, hon. And I sincerely hope things get better for you and your mother.

That's exactly what my preacher told me... O_O I have a trouble with that, because I always think of all the bad stuff that could happen. -____- I gave her a big hug today and tried not to cry on the way home. :/ I don't think any of my real life friends truly understand any of this...they just say "Oh, I'm sorry." and then continue talking about whatever they were talking about ten minutes ago, while I sit there forcing myself not to cry. I will try to be strong... :) Thanks, Ash. *hugs*

LaurenM 08-03-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 325948)
Aw man... Like I said, I'm sorry you have to see her like that. :(
Hospitals freak me out to no end. o_e I remember we went to visit my gramma after her hip replacement (which ended up as a failure of epic proportions... -_-) and I stayed in her bedroom while my mom took her for a walk... and the lady next to us was in extreme pain but they had her all drugged up, so occasionally she would move and shift around but it was so freaking creepy... and all those machines... (*shudders*) It just was so unsettling I cried a little while I sat there... Sitting in a hospital is torture... ;_;

Sorry... this can't be making anything better, can it? x_x
I'm sorry that she has to be staying in a place like that... hospitals... (*shivers*)

I don't like hospitals either that much, but I don't exactly mind. My grandpa's currently in hospital...but he's recovering, I think.
And you have to start writing again. If you think they're bad, I can assure you that it's not. It's ten thousand times better than mine. Herr Beethoven...*shivers*
And your drawing is AWESOME. I saw the drawing of Demarkus in your album and...*jaw drop*
And I saw you on DeviantArt. Your eyes are pretty, you're pretty too.

Rockshadow 08-03-2012 12:46 AM

Ignore this if you don't want to hear about some rant about how my life sucks. Not a first-class problem anyway.
(I'm clearly not in a good mood. -.-)


I'm so tired of being ignored in life...people say I'm a good writer and that I'm nice but that's about it. They don't want to care about me. Nobody does. And maybe this is just teen hormones, but I have to get it out anyway. Singing and writing are my two great escapes...and recently the writing one has been blocked up so...all I have is singing. I need people to realize that...I'm more then what they think I am. There's more to me then just some random girl who writes a lot and plays sports and sings. I have dreams every night of me being a famous singer and I never want to wake up from those. Where people actually love me and my music. True, there are haters, but I would always have my friends, family, and fans to lean on.

Sandy 08-03-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 325965)

Cass...you're missing the point. <:^J It doesn't matter if you see flaws in your work--everyone's picture looks a little off, everyone has a few typos in their short story. The point is, people like what you made. You honestly do NOT know how much I envy your ability to draw. And your style of writing? Don't even get me started. All I can say is this: No matter what you think, your fans are your fans, and they know what's good and what isn't good. And you are your own biggest critic.

You...don't....write........anymore?
What is the meaning of those words? o.o Why can my brain not understand them?? Oh, that's right, because you not writing is a crime not only against yourself, but ALL OF YOUR FANS! O_O You DO know you have fans, right? Yeah. Us. The crazy peeps with top hats and exploding breakfast foods.

Honestly....okay, I'm sorry, but now it's MY turn to vent. -____-
I'm not going to name any names here, but all of the sudden, a bunch of my epic writing friends have stopped writing. O_O And my question is....WHY? You all still seem to have great ideas! <:^D There are so many new stories and characters to unleash on the Internet. What invisible horrible monster from under the bed is making everyone just up and quit? ;_;
*le end vent*

ANYWAY.........*re-reads all of that* Woah, that sounded...unusually harsh. D: If you think that came out harsh, I'm sorry to the 5th power, that's not how I meant it.

Good. I hoped my losing my ability to form actual words would amuse you. XD

"...it makes me feel way better than if someone were to say I was beautiful, or beautiful on the inside or whatever... I don't know why. I guess it's because it's the only thing that makes sense."

;_; But it doesn't make sense to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Sandy...you're beautiful, and if you can't see that than kjhxasfdsfjklsjkbgfkjbdsgfkjbsdbgfkjbsfgjkbs you need bifocals, man. XD XD DX DX

....Look, Sandy, I really don't know what else to say, other than putting everything in a nutshell and giving it to you. x__x I'm sorry. I'm at a weak point right now. Like I said, I can't even see my friends without having a mini-meltdown.

You know what, Sandy? That's what my sisters did to me. o_o They decided one day that I was no longer worth the effort it took to take care of me, so they "flipped out" and "just left". I'm never going to do that to anyone--ESPECIALLY a friend--no matter how hard it gets. I don't even think I have the capacity to do that to anyone. So, I'm sorry, but you're kind of stuck with me until you tell me to get lost. XD

All I can say right now is:
~ You're an incredible person inside and out,
~ Your writing AND art is spectacular, and I wish you could see that,
~ Your brother was VERY VERY VERY VERY VEEERY rude for doing that and I wish I could make him see the error of his ways, and
~ I care about you a lot. If you ever feel like I'm smothering you (I tend to do that *headdesk*) just tell me to put a sock in it and take a hike, and I will. :^B

But you're my only fan. ._.
(*takes bifocals*) T_T Still don't work... (*puts them back*)

<:^J Thanks... and there's no way you could smother me. XD
Thanks for listening. <:^J

nngo 08-03-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 326079)
But you're my only fan. ._.
(*takes bifocals*) T_T Still don't work... (*puts them back*)

<:^J Thanks... and there's no way you could smother me. XD
Thanks for listening. <:^J

A fan is still a person. You wouldn't let down a fan AND yourself, would you? Please don't.

I think your art and writing's great, and I'm telling you the truth. You shouldn't give up on writing and art because you think it sucks. Every writer or artist will try to get better and eventually get better, and then think their old stuff sucks. And then start thinking that their next masterpiece will stink too. But there will always be others who like it. It's like writing a word, seeing that it's ugly and you can barely read it, but still leaving it there because it's a waste of time to try to erase it when you can move on to your next word.

I don't know if that just made sense or not.

TheAshWolf 08-03-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 326079)
But you're my only fan. ._.
(*takes bifocals*) T_T Still don't work... (*puts them back*)

<:^J Thanks... and there's no way you could smother me. XD
Thanks for listening. <:^J

O_O No I'm not!!! You got Cherrybomb, Tredom, Lily09, Camille, Chiaki, Lenni, Leloo, Tarka, and a whole BUNCH more. I'm just your biggest fan. Y'know, the one that follows you around and fangirls over everything. XDD

Well, then, you need TRI-focals. :D
http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbvie...zy-glasses.jpg
Derp.

Good to know. ^_^ And no need to thank me.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwdtthKPNQ1qcddlw.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nngo (Post 326100)
A fan is still a person. You wouldn't let down a fan AND yourself, would you? Please don't.

I think your art and writing's great, and I'm telling you the truth. You shouldn't give up on writing and art because you think it sucks. Every writer or artist will try to get better and eventually get better, and then think their old stuff sucks. And then start thinking that their next masterpiece will stink too. But there will always be others who like it. It's like writing a word, seeing that it's ugly and you can barely read it, but still leaving it there because it's a waste of time to try to erase it when you can move on to your next word.

I don't know if that just made sense or not.

o.o That was actually really profound...

08-03-2012 06:30 PM

*sighs* I need some help, guys. A friend of mine has been making me really mad lately, and part of me wants to end the friendship, but I hate drama and people being mad at me. I'm also scared if I end the friendship, she'll tell all my secrets and try to ruin my life. >.> But I'm tired of being her little slave; second choice for everything. She gets mad when I hang out with my friends, but it's okay if she ditches me for her "friends"?

I just need help standing up for myself. Like, how can I make myself not care what anyone thinks? Thanks in advance.

Tiresomehoopla 08-03-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleigh (Post 326137)
*sighs* I need some help, guys. A friend of mine has been making me really mad lately, and part of me wants to end the friendship, but I hate drama and people being mad at me. I'm also scared if I end the friendship, she'll tell all my secrets and try to ruin my life. >.> But I'm tired of being her little slave; second choice for everything. She gets mad when I hang out with my friends, but it's okay if she ditches me for her "friends"?

I just need help standing up for myself. Like, how can I make myself not care what anyone thinks? Thanks in advance.

Just say prove it.

They walk off every time, and about half the time they're focused on how much you say prove it instead of what you're telling them to prove.

:D

08-03-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla (Post 326139)
Just say prove it.

They walk off every time, and about half the time they're focused on how much you say prove it instead of what you're telling them to prove.

:D

That's so confusing...it might just work. :D

lvhamsters 08-03-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleigh (Post 326137)
*sighs* I need some help, guys. A friend of mine has been making me really mad lately, and part of me wants to end the friendship, but I hate drama and people being mad at me. I'm also scared if I end the friendship, she'll tell all my secrets and try to ruin my life. >.> But I'm tired of being her little slave; second choice for everything. She gets mad when I hang out with my friends, but it's okay if she ditches me for her "friends"?

I just need help standing up for myself. Like, how can I make myself not care what anyone thinks? Thanks in advance.

My friend is kinda like that . . . . well, I guess tell her the truth. and if she goes off and tells your secrets either 1) deny them 2) ignore them or 3) (not the best advice) you must know some of her secrets too so . . . . revenge xD
But seriously, you should tell her what you think.

08-03-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockshadow (Post 326063)
Ignore this if you don't want to hear about some rant about how my life sucks. Not a first-class problem anyway.
(I'm clearly not in a good mood. -.-)


I'm so tired of being ignored in life...people say I'm a good writer and that I'm nice but that's about it. They don't want to care about me. Nobody does. And maybe this is just teen hormones, but I have to get it out anyway. Singing and writing are my two great escapes...and recently the writing one has been blocked up so...all I have is singing. I need people to realize that...I'm more then what they think I am. There's more to me then just some random girl who writes a lot and plays sports and sings. I have dreams every night of me being a famous singer and I never want to wake up from those. Where people actually love me and my music. True, there are haters, but I would always have my friends, family, and fans to lean on.


Sis, one day you're going to be SO much better than all of your classmates. Heck, you already ARE. They just don't know yet. When you're rich, famous, and your meals cost more than their houses, they're going to regret everything. I BELIIIIEVE in you. XD I shall be there by your side cheering you on with the rest of America, too! ^___^

Rockshadow 08-04-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleigh (Post 326330)
Sis, one day you're going to be SO much better than all of your classmates. Heck, you already ARE. They just don't know yet. When you're rich, famous, and your meals cost more than their houses, they're going to regret everything. I BELIIIIEVE in you. XD I shall be there by your side cheering you on with the rest of America, too! ^___^

Haha, not so sure about the meals thing, but thank you so much, I appreciate it tons. :) love you sis!

rebecca 08-04-2012 10:27 AM

My parents argue every now and then, mostly because my dad makes mistakes by accident. Sometimes my mother overreacts. Usually, however, they get on fine. Due to a communications error today, my dad has now walked out leaving a letter I will not copy (don't worry, not obscene, just personal) and his wedding ring. Do we see where this is going? All over one tiny misunderstanding. What the hell is going on? Moreover, what should I do about it? Relocate the letter to somewhere my little sister is less likely to see? She is an over-sensitive child as it is.

Do not get me wrong, my family has been stable for as long as I can tell. Something melodramatic is happening. If you want details to make an educated judgement, fair enough. Ask and you can hear the full story.

08-04-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 326456)
My parents argue every now and then, mostly because my dad makes mistakes by accident. Sometimes my mother overreacts. Usually, however, they get on fine. Due to a communications error today, my dad has now walked out leaving a letter I will not copy (don't worry, not obscene, just personal) and his wedding ring. Do we see where this is going? All over one tiny misunderstanding. What the hell is going on? Moreover, what should I do about it? Relocate the letter to somewhere my little sister is less likely to see? She is an over-sensitive child as it is.

Do not get me wrong, my family has been stable for as long as I can tell. Something melodramatic is happening. If you want details to make an educated judgement, fair enough. Ask and you can hear the full story.

Uh...can I have the full story? XD I feel so nosy... *headdesk*

rebecca 08-04-2012 11:04 AM

My cousins were supposed to come over. My dad thought his mother was bringing them over on the bus, but she believed he was picking them all up. We all waited until half an hour ago when the error meant they could not come around, my parents argued, my mother stormed out with my little sister, my dad walked out afterwards, leaving the letter and the ring, basically he says he's packing up tomorrow and leaving us.

LaurenM 08-04-2012 12:00 PM

My mum makes empty threats. She always talks about a divorce, but never has she stormed out leaving her wedding ring.
Meh...you know I'm not good at advice. Maybe you should hide the letter from your sister, but if she asks, I think you should tell her.

Tiresomehoopla 08-04-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 326480)
My cousins were supposed to come over. My dad thought his mother was bringing them over on the bus, but she believed he was picking them all up. We all waited until half an hour ago when the error meant they could not come around, my parents argued, my mother stormed out with my little sister, my dad walked out afterwards, leaving the letter and the ring, basically he says he's packing up tomorrow and leaving us.

Wait a minute...So he's walking out because he got in an argument with your mom over an error about cousins coming over?

Sounds like an empty threat to me.

rebecca 08-04-2012 12:21 PM

My mother technically started it, she stormed off first without listening, as in every argument they have. He's driven off before, threatened to leave, but never like this.

I moved the letter anyhow, from by the door to in the kitchen, all I need to do is keep Sophie out of the kitchen.

GabiDi 08-04-2012 02:28 PM

Yesterday my friend called and asked if I wanted to go to the lake today at three. I asked my mom, "Can I go to the lake with Kenzie at three tomorrow?" and she thought about it and said yes. Today at 12 she tells me she's decided she doesn't feel like driving down there, and I should be more considerate and actually think about her for once, regardless of her actually saying yes to it. And one things turns into the next and before I know it she's calling me a selfish bitch, because that's what she does when she's upset, and storming out, and then my dad wants to take us all to lunch and I just can't bear to be in the freaking car with her especially when she keeps talking about how I'm so spoiled and this is all my fault and I just get out of the car and walk back inside and hide for ten minutes until they finally drive away and now I'm a mess and I just need someone to talk to and ughh I really hate this, I hate this, I want to move out.

08-04-2012 02:38 PM

I absolutely hate my teeth. -_- I have to wait until September to get four teeth pulled, and then I get braces. I'd really like ceramic ones so I can actually see my teeth straightening out. All of my friends are so pretty and it doesn't take two people to figure out I'm the Ugly Duckling of the group. *sighs*

08-04-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 326572)
Yesterday my friend called and asked if I wanted to go to the lake today at three. I asked my mom, "Can I go to the lake with Kenzie at three tomorrow?" and she thought about it and said yes. Today at 12 she tells me she's decided she doesn't feel like driving down there, and I should be more considerate and actually think about her for once, regardless of her actually saying yes to it. And one things turns into the next and before I know it she's calling me a selfish bitch, because that's what she does when she's upset, and storming out, and then my dad wants to take us all to lunch and I just can't bear to be in the freaking car with her especially when she keeps talking about how I'm so spoiled and this is all my fault and I just get out of the car and walk back inside and hide for ten minutes until they finally drive away and now I'm a mess and I just need someone to talk to and ughh I really hate this, I hate this, I want to move out.

I hate when my parents do that. -___- I get my hopes up and then BAM. Dreams are crushed. But don't listen to your Mom. You're one of the nicest, non-selfish people I've ever met, and you don't deserve to hear that. I'm sure your Mom loves you alot, she's probably just in a bad mood or something. :/ I hope everything works out.

GabiDi 08-04-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleigh (Post 326578)
I hate when my parents do that. -___- I get my hopes up and then BAM. Dreams are crushed. But don't listen to your Mom. You're one of the nicest, non-selfish people I've ever met, and you don't deserve to hear that. I'm sure your Mom loves you alot, she's probably just in a bad mood or something. :/ I hope everything works out.

Thanks... :/ I think she does, she's just... ugh. I love her because she's my mom. As a person... I don't.

L.S.Trendom 08-04-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 326572)
Yesterday my friend called and asked if I wanted to go to the lake today at three. I asked my mom, "Can I go to the lake with Kenzie at three tomorrow?" and she thought about it and said yes. Today at 12 she tells me she's decided she doesn't feel like driving down there, and I should be more considerate and actually think about her for once, regardless of her actually saying yes to it. And one things turns into the next and before I know it she's calling me a selfish bitch, because that's what she does when she's upset, and storming out, and then my dad wants to take us all to lunch and I just can't bear to be in the freaking car with her especially when she keeps talking about how I'm so spoiled and this is all my fault and I just get out of the car and walk back inside and hide for ten minutes until they finally drive away and now I'm a mess and I just need someone to talk to and ughh I really hate this, I hate this, I want to move out.

You're not selfish. :/ I don't know if she actually thought it was true or if she was just upset, but your mother is completely wrong to blame you.
If it's not better when you're older, at least you won't have to ask her to drive you places and stuff… And when you're old enough to move out, you'll be okay and things will get better, because you're too epik for that not to happen. :'D

GabiDi 08-04-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 326585)
You're not selfish. :/ I don't know if she actually thought it was true or if she was just upset, but your mother is completely wrong to blame you.
If it's not better when you're older, at least you won't have to ask her to drive you places and stuff… And when you're old enough to move out, you'll be okay and things will get better, because you're too epik for that not to happen. :'D

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm holding out for... freedom. I'm totally taking driver's ed after eighth grade. e.e

(: Thanks, LST... I'm really not, but I hope I can make everything work anyway. ^.^

rebecca 08-04-2012 03:33 PM

Sorted, my dad was just being melodramatic.

MaryElizabeth 08-04-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 326594)
Sorted, my dad was just being melodramatic.

Good. That kind of argument happens a lot in my family, too, so I'm glad that it's settled. :)

TheAshWolf 08-04-2012 07:18 PM

You know what I absolutely adore?

That brown toucan-like bird in the upper-right corner. :D

MaryElizabeth 08-04-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 326627)
You know what I absolutely adore?

That brown toucan-like bird in the upper-right corner. :D

I don't really like it. It doesn't have to do with KP at all.

lvhamsters 08-04-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 326627)
You know what I absolutely adore?

That brown toucan-like bird in the upper-right corner. :D

I agree ^^ Its so awesome. It gives it . . . a jungly/homey feeling :p

TheAshWolf 08-04-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 326631)
I agree ^^ Its so awesome. It gives it . . . a jungly/homey feeling :p

The bird needs a name. o.0 XD

08-04-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 326635)
The bird needs a name. o.0 XD

What about Mandark? XD

List of Names:

Mandark
Randall
Gilbert
Tom

That's all I can think of. XD

MaryElizabeth 08-04-2012 07:59 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't like the toucan?

08-04-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 326639)
Am I the only one who doesn't like the toucan?

I think so. XD I think he/she/it is cute. :D

nngo 08-04-2012 08:12 PM

How 'bout Bob?

TheAshWolf 08-04-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleigh (Post 326637)
What about Mandark? XD

List of Names:

Mandark
Randall
Gilbert
Tom

That's all I can think of. XD

MANDARK. 8D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZl-kQ3JFNI

XD I couldn't resist. NOSTALGIA.

I vote we name him Kevin. :3 Not sure why, but he looks like a Kevin to me.

08-04-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 326647)
MANDARK. 8D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZl-kQ3JFNI

XD I couldn't resist. NOSTALGIA.

I vote we name him Kevin. :3 Not sure why, but he looks like a Kevin to me.

Like Kevin from Up? :D I think his name should be either Mandark, Kevin, or Bob, but he looks more like a Kevin to me. XD

nngo 08-04-2012 08:23 PM

I think he looked like a Bobbert.

LaurenM 08-04-2012 08:51 PM

I think it looks like a...
Toucan. I just like it as a toucan.

Ruza 08-04-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 326639)
Am I the only one who doesn't like the toucan?

I hate the toucan, too. It's completely irrelevant, and so completely random that you're just like, "What? A toucan? On a writing forum?"


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.