The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Never Ending Stories (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Powerful and dangerous NES (idk what to call this) (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4677)

FrostBittenKitten 07-05-2017 09:23 PM

Powerful and dangerous NES (idk what to call this)

So I had this random idea for a NES that I thought might be interesting (especially since there haven't been new NESes in a while). So it's sort of like a spy agency/magic academy combined. So it's in New York (but has branches across the world). Basically all of the characters are kids who have been recruited because of their special abilities (which I will go into more detail below) and work to try and fix the problems that humans cause. These kids blend in with the humans because they look and typically act human as well, but they were created by an ancient race to keep the humans from destroying each other. There are also others of their kind that seek to destroy the human race. You can either be good, evil, or neutral.

Examples:
Technopath (technology manipulation/control)
Telepath (can hear others' thoughts and send messages through thoughts)
Pyrokinesis (can control fire)
Umbrakinesis (can control shadows)
Telekinesis (can control objects with your mind)
Hydrokinesis (can control water)
Empath (can read others' emotions and maybe have mild control over them)
(Nothing too powerful please. Keep in mind that everyone has weaknesses.)

Here's the character form (I'll make a character later):
Name:
Age (12-18):
Gender/sexuality:
Power:
Appearance:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Good, evil, or neutral:
Backstory:
Other:

I know it's kinda cliche but please join I hope it'll be fun! :)

SilverMoon 07-05-2017 10:48 PM

Why limit the powers?

FrostBittenKitten 07-05-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 595659)
Why limit the powers?

Idk maybe those can just be examples? I was rly bored when I made this and wanted to think of powers but I honestly don't see why I limited them lol.

Steampunk 07-05-2017 11:10 PM

This sounds pretty cool, I'll participate. Is there a character limit?

FrostBittenKitten 07-05-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steampunk (Post 595662)
This sounds pretty cool, I'll participate. Is there a character limit?

Thanks! And nope, as long as you can keep track of all of them!

Steampunk 07-05-2017 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten (Post 595663)
Thanks! And nope, as long as you can keep track of all of them!

Okay, great! I'll try to not make too many but I'll have at least two.

Zelda 07-06-2017 09:57 AM

woah yeaaaa let me join in some of this ninja-spy kids action!

(umbrakinesis is being appended to my list of kineses) pls also consider;
Tychokinesis- manipulation of stochastic fields to create better or worse luck.
Gyrokinesis- manipulation of gravity
Magnokinesis- manipulation of magnetic fields

SilverMoon 07-06-2017 12:02 PM

I'll join btw

FrostBittenKitten 07-06-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 595665)
woah yeaaaa let me join in some of this ninja-spy kids action!

(umbrakinesis is being appended to my list of kineses) pls also consider;
Tychokinesis- manipulation of stochastic fields to create better or worse luck.
Gyrokinesis- manipulation of gravity
Magnokinesis- manipulation of magnetic fields

Those all sound good!

Zelda 07-06-2017 04:01 PM

Name: Sanne Olia
Age (12-18): 16
Gender/sexuality: Cishet female
Power: Umbrapathic, Empathic via shadows but not in any other way.
Appearance: Smol and kinda angsty-looking. Her hair is a bronze-y brown, thick and messy in an I-want-to-be-edgy-but-that-takes-effort kind of way, it's somewhat choppy and uneven, and full of odds and ends like random braids, or a feather and some beads. She has thin, short scar travelling vertically down the left corner of her lip from the time her sister hit her in the face with a book, it's almost invisible, but when she smiles it pulls on the skin around her mouth and makes her smile slightly crooked. She had braces as a child, but got them removed when she was fifteen, and now has lovely straight teeth. She fair-skinned, and tans nicely, but doesn't spend a lot of time in the sun. Her eyes vary in shade on a gradient ranging from navy blue, to inky blueblack, depending on how tired she is. Dark purple stains the soft area below her eyes from many sleepless nights, she wears prescriptionless glasses sometimes because she finds that it helps disguise the bags under her eyes. She has a small frame, and just barely passes as being a healthy weight. She doesn't talk a lot, but she does move a lot, energetic in her own quiet way. She can normally be found wearing lightwash jeans, a black sports bra, and an extra loose and/or sheer top. She wears runners but not socks, and usually has an energy drink or a coffee on-hand. She also has a penchant for copper jewelry and dark make-up, though she doesn't often have time to apply make-up, she loves to slip on some dark lip-gloss at any opportunity.
Personality: Sanne's quiet, but not shy. She lacks confidence, but tries to work herself up at least some confidence every day-- especially in her body. She doesn't like small talk, so conversations with her will frequently end up as intense discussions on topics like what you fear the most and why, or what acosmism is. She's inquisitive, when she asks something, she asks it with a specific goal in mind. She possesses a one-track mind, and does not work well in a group. Her fight-or-flight reaction is really more of a just-fight reaction, which results in her getting into trouble of the life-and-limb threatening variety. She tends towards the guarded and/or emotionless side of things, not that she dislikes emotion or anything, it's just that her empathic powers give her hell, and because she can't filter well, the easiest path for her to take is to disconnect the emotion part of her mind.
Strengths: She's good a fitting into small spaces and not claustrophobic. She's good at hiding, and also at seeking out hidden people or animals. She's also a fantastic interrogator, though her memory is somewhat selective (she might not remember that you've had the same dog for three years, but she will recall you admitting once, off-handedly, that you've always wanted to try sea-pig just to see if it really tastes like a fish farted on a dirty beach cracker).
Weaknesses: She struggles with her self-image. Bright lights obviously make it very hard for her to use her powers, and if someone is experiencing extreme emotional distress it tends to give her headaches (and, you know, make her own emotions shitty). Also, night is a bad time for her in general, lots of shadows, lots of emotional people, the feedback makes it hard for her to sleep, and lack of sleep naturally leads to poor performance in the daytime.
Good, evil, or neutral: Chaotic Neutral
Other: Her close friends call her 'Seek', because she's the masterful overlord of Hide and Seek. She has a very slight French accent, but that only comes out when she's upset.