The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Twi-Hards (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Twilight Questions.... (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=312)

writingcats 04-11-2009 10:44 AM

Twilight Questions....

This is a thread where we can ask questions about twilight...such as why what is on a cover of one of the books. Which brings me to my question:
Why is there an apple being held by someone? (I'm assuming Edward, or another vampire, because of the pale skin.) So, ask questions or simply turn this into a Edward vs. Jacob thread! :)

Rachel 04-28-2009 05:57 PM

The apple on the cover of Twilight represents desire. In the bible story of Adam and Eve, the serpent was tempting Eve to take the apple off the tree. The apple on the cover sort of represents how Bella was tempting Edward, both ways: with her blood and with herself (since he loves her and everything). Edward is also tempting Bella, since in the first book they can't be together, but they want to. Sorry if that explanation was confusing.

writingcats 04-28-2009 06:26 PM

Okay, thanks! That makes a lot of sense! I've been waiting for a reply for like...two weeks. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel (Post 6539)
The apple on the cover of Twilight represents desire. In the bible story of Adam and Eve, the serpent was tempting Eve to take the apple off the tree. The apple on the cover sort of represents how Bella was tempting Edward, both ways: with her blood and with herself (since he loves her and everything). Edward is also tempting Bella, since in the first book they can't be together, but they want to. Sorry if that explanation was confusing.

Rachel 04-29-2009 06:10 PM

I'm glad it makes sense! That's the only way I can really explain it. :D
While we're discussing the book covers, do you have any idea what the chess set on Breaking Dawn is for?

writingcats 04-29-2009 06:22 PM

Uh...sadly, I haven't gotten that far. I'm only half way through New Moon. But when I do read Breaking Dawn I'll try to figure it out. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel (Post 6625)
I'm glad it makes sense! That's the only way I can really explain it. :D
While we're discussing the book covers, do you have any idea what the chess set on Breaking Dawn is for?

Rachel 04-29-2009 06:24 PM

Kay, thanks. I didn't like New Moon much. It's a great book, but not up to the standards of the others in the Twilight Saga. I think. My best friend likes it the most.

special 05-02-2009 05:49 PM

*Warning: Kinda Contains Breaking Dawn Spoilers*
About the Breaking Dawn cover, I think Meyer's website it was symbolizeing Bella's progession from weakest link (the pawn) to the most important (the queen) (you know, cause she saves everyone) and it also symbolizes the "war" without any violence just wits, kinda, I guess. Something like that.

Rachel 05-03-2009 08:05 PM

That makes sense. You may be right. I think I'll look it up on her site. Thanks! :D

ErinMarie 08-01-2009 06:37 PM

Yeah that's what I think, too. And about New Moon, it was one of my favorite books cuz of the ending.

Susmi 08-28-2009 07:52 AM

:confused:
I've a Twilight question.
In the first part of Twilight, in the Biology class scene; where Edward is acting all weird and angry-like and Bella sniffs her hair, wondering whether her stawberry shampoo smells particularly nasty or not - Bella says something about "it's not like I met him in Eve" or something along those lines. I didn't get that. What's EVE?