The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   School (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Colleges (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4167)

venika 03-19-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swallowtail (Post 594550)
my parents already want me to be looking at colleges and figuring out what I'm doing after that and talking to my advisor about what I should major in and I'm just like??? I'm just a kid??? I'm so small I'm a freshman relax

i really only seriously started thinking abt college like end of last yr/beginning of this year (and i'm a sophomore) but it's never too late to know what you're aiming for? so then you can plan out what you're doing during the summers and what classes ur taking and stuff? but don't worry about majors like every single advisor and counselor and guest speaker has said most people will change majors several times in college! so (but i relate thats how mine are too tbh yikes)

(Also any other class of '19 people still kind of freaked out by the fact that college apps will be a Thing in just over a year and a half? just me?)

arcticeli 03-20-2017 02:29 AM

oh boy oh boy
honestly I don't even care anymore

EmmaR 04-05-2017 07:59 PM

ey yo guess who's going to amherst college next year

arcticeli 04-07-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 594624)

dude congrats

SilverMoon 04-07-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 594624)

Wow! Their acceptance rate is rly low, isn't it?

EmmaR 04-07-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 594641)
Wow! Their acceptance rate is rly low, isn't it?

13%
i got in ed but i forgot about the existence of this thread lmao

LaurenM 04-09-2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 594537)
lmaoooooo guess where i am rn outpatient for anxiety and depression :)

that stills sounds nice but ..... v_v

i don't have short term plans and there's like 3 years until I go to college but ive been looking at places and they're all outside the us lol

currently looking a lot at HKU

u mean university of hong kong? i live near there and i go there pretty often! why there of all places (assuming you don't live in hong kong)??

SilverMoon 04-09-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 594663)
u mean university of hong kong? i live near there and i go there pretty often! why there of all places (assuming you don't live in hong kong)??

OMG hi holy shit haven't seen u in a while

yess i do thats cool!!

well i live in the us and i do not want to be stuck here forever and also i do not really want the American College Experience so i am looking at top universities from around the world

theyre all urban bc i live in suburbia and i want OUT lol
Idk I just want to go a lot of places

currently there's 9 on my list-- 2 in Canada, 1 in Ireland, 2 in Scotland, 1 in the Netherlands, 1 in Hong Kong, 1 in Taiwan, and 1 in New Zealand, haha

LaurenM 04-11-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 594665)
OMG hi holy shit haven't seen u in a while

yess i do thats cool!!

well i live in the us and i do not want to be stuck here forever and also i do not really want the American College Experience so i am looking at top universities from around the world

theyre all urban bc i live in suburbia and i want OUT lol
Idk I just want to go a lot of places

currently there's 9 on my list-- 2 in Canada, 1 in Ireland, 2 in Scotland, 1 in the Netherlands, 1 in Hong Kong, 1 in Taiwan, and 1 in New Zealand, haha

ahhh i get the feeling of wanting out...which is precisely why hku isnt my top choice lmao i wanna study in a foreign country
but hku is a good uni and my friend seems happy there so i think i'll be fine w going there as well! it's probably a good choice hk is a lot of fun it's both nature + interesting city packed into one

Garrett 04-12-2017 03:58 PM

my dream college is Columbia University.
and also NYU would be nice but it's more expensive and prestigious.