The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   School (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Colleges (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4167)

AlgebraAddict 07-30-2014 01:56 AM

i just realized that the active threads on kidpub have gone from middle school problems to high school drama to boyfriends to driving to college

i think i am going to cry

meerkat 07-30-2014 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 551066)

Oh wow. Yeah I'm taking Algebra 2 so I don't really know how Pre-Calc is. But I'm sure you'll be fine. :3 They must think you can do it since they're pushing you to take it, so just have faith and do the best you can do ^_^ and good luck :D

The thing is, I'm not good at math. Maybe I'm a victim of the girls-are-stupid stereotype, or maybe my self esteem sucks. Still, I've never managed more than a B average in middle school math classes (6th grade Pre-Algebra, 7th grade Algebra 1, 8th grade Geometry). So I don't think I'll be able to skip an entire class, especially because I'm already a year ahead. Plus, it's Pre-Calc *HONORS.* Watch me get F's all year round.

lvhamsters 07-30-2014 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 551069)
i just realized that the active threads on kidpub have gone from middle school problems to high school drama to boyfriends to driving to college

Ay :C growing up sucks.

Aynonomus_Angel 07-30-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 551069)

Growing up was the worst decision I ever made

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 551070)
The thing is, I'm not good at math. Maybe I'm a victim of the girls-are-stupid stereotype, or maybe my self esteem sucks. Still, I've never managed more than a B average in middle school math classes (6th grade Pre-Algebra, 7th grade Algebra 1, 8th grade Geometry). So I don't think I'll be able to skip an entire class, especially because I'm already a year ahead. Plus, it's Pre-Calc *HONORS.* Watch me get F's all year round.

Last year in 8th grade for me, I did Algebra 1 which is honors for my school so I'm doing Geometry and Algebra 2 with Trig :eek: because my school is on a block schedule.

EmmaR 08-01-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphiremoon (Post 550836)
What's the social life like in freshman? I'm starting high school next year, and I'm not that nervous about the classes (I'm really excited that they'll be more interesting, and I'm in Academic in all of them– I think that's the Canadian equivalent of advanced programs...?), but my social life has always been... well, nonexistent. Any advice?

Social life as a freshman is basically the same as social life in any other year. My advice is to definitely do stuff that makes you socialize with people outside of your grade, like drama productions or clubs or sports.

EmmaR 08-01-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 551070)

Why are you taking Pre-Calc before Algebra II??

EmmaR 08-01-2014 08:08 PM

Jesus I feel so old. Why. I feel so young in my life but then I get on here and y'all are in middle school. What. I'm only a sophomore.

meerkat 08-01-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 551563)
Why are you taking Pre-Calc before Algebra II??

I'm skipping Alg 2 D: but I really want good grades, and if I skip I'm gonna fail.

venika 08-02-2014 06:55 PM

You guys are lucky, you get to choose what you want to take (I'm guessing) or at least choose to take more advanced classes... In my school, the curriculum is different-- we all take the same classes, up till this year, at least-- I don't know what the coming year will be like. It might be different later on, when I'm in a higher grade, but for now, if I want to learn anything extra, I have to do it in my own time... :c

Haha wow reading this thread made me feel really young. xD I mean I'm going into eighth grade and most of you are already in highschool, and I skipped a grade. So that means I'm a lot younger than a majority of people here.... :/ :P

meerkat 08-02-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venika (Post 551634)
You guys are lucky, you get to choose what you want to take (I'm guessing) or at least choose to take more advanced classes... In my school, the curriculum is different-- we all take the same classes, up till this year, at least-- I don't know what the coming year will be like. It might be different later on, when I'm in a higher grade, but for now, if I want to learn anything extra, I have to do it in my own time... :c

Haha wow reading this thread made me feel really young. xD I mean I'm going into eighth grade and most of you are already in highschool, and I skipped a grade. So that means I'm a lot younger than a majority of people here.... :/ :P

Wow, you're as old as my younger sister O_o you're a *LOT* more mature than she is!