The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GSRM Community (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3738)

meerkat 07-07-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 547211)
I FEEL THAT BRo like. it's uncomfortable not having them knowing for me cause names and stuff but at the same time like :/ assholes :/ invalidation :/ 'ur actually a girl' fuck. Off

But I think you should tell them whenever your ready. Maybe ease them into the subject of a sexuality and stuff when your talking about ppl u like or something even though ur not aromantic I don't think. Do you watch the news with your parents because idk about the freedom country but down under in kangaroos and tRopical storm land asexuality is on the news quite a bit because there was a movie made about it recently
Edit not recently like 2011 but it's rly just surfacing now.

We don't watch the news at my house very often... it's not like I care much though :p
So the next time someone asks who I like, I'll just say something along the lines of "I've never liked anyone in my freakin' life!" And if they say I'm "so behind" and nonsense like that, I'll say, "Yup, I'm asexual. Haters gonna hate."
Easier said than done.

MaggieMay 07-07-2014 11:58 PM

it feels like my sexuality changes every day...idk i really don't give a shit tho

AlgebraAddict 07-08-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 547260)
it feels like my sexuality changes every day...idk i really don't give a shit tho

same here ugh

Emaafre 07-08-2014 04:01 PM

I know I'm basically saying what someone els on this thread said, but there needs to be a term called sexuality fluid or something. Right now I'm just... not interested in anyone :/

rebecca 07-08-2014 04:03 PM

I've started writing my story about a transgender genius/badass. It's narrated from the perspective of his best friend and it's just a little thing I won't be putting on KidPub because the best friend really can't moderate his language.

Basically, the said genius is on trial for war crimes and his friend is explaining why the charges are stupid. I'm checking what I'm saying about Ari (the trans guy) for things that could be problematic, but I don't know. I'm trying to be humorous without broaching on offensive, and the narrator is by nature very blunt.

For instance, while drunk and celebrating Ari's 18th they are asked what the occasion is. Richard, the friend says, quite matter of factly 'he's getting a dick for his birthday', to which Ari responds 'you're just jealous because you never will'. I don't know if this is problematic or something, but that is their relationship. There is a lot of banter, I don't know if it would offend some people.

What do you guys think?

Emaafre 07-08-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 547347)
I've started writing my story about a transgender genius/badass. It's narrated from the perspective of his best friend and it's just a little thing I won't be putting on KidPub because the best friend really can't moderate his language.

Basically, the said genius is on trial for war crimes and his friend is explaining why the charges are stupid. I'm checking what I'm saying about Ari (the trans guy) for things that could be problematic, but I don't know. I'm trying to be humorous without broaching on offensive, and the narrator is by nature very blunt.

For instance, while drunk and celebrating Ari's 18th they are asked what the occasion is. Richard, the friend says, quite matter of factly 'he's getting a dick for his birthday', to which Ari responds 'you're just jealous because you never will'. I don't know if this is problematic or something, but that is their relationship. There is a lot of banter, I don't know if it would offend some people.

What do you guys think?

My story is very different from that, definitely. The trans boy is actually a love interest in my story lol. The main character has pituitary cancer and meets Rowan (the trans boy) at church. The one that's on kp is being rewritten so the one that's on is a lot different. Anyway, Rowan got HIV from a blood transfusion and yeah there is a lot of crap that happens in this lol :P

Your story sounds interesting, though! I'd read it if it was on here :)

rebecca 07-08-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emaafre (Post 547353)
My story is very different from that, definitely. The trans boy is actually a love interest in my story lol. The main character has pituitary cancer and meets Rowan (the trans boy) at church. The one that's on kp is being rewritten so the one that's on is a lot different. Anyway, Rowan got HIV from a blood transfusion and yeah there is a lot of crap that happens in this lol :P

Your story sounds interesting, though! I'd read it if it was on here :)

The story is about a genius (Aristrate), who accidentally starts a war, despite being a pacifist. Because of the sheer amount of people killed, he is tried for war crimes and will be executed if it cannot be proved that he was innocent, which Richard has decided to do, not just because they are besties, but because Ari is a literal polymath and could make a massive contribution to science.

There are actually three other trans characters (this could change if I decide to change Melissa to be nb) - their school/university/research facility place has a support group which Ari randomly attends one day. One of them is depressed, another ends up questioning their gender identity and becomes insecure, but the other is very positive and happy with who she is. It's funny because when Ari arrives, they don't know he's trans and David, the other guy, gets really pissed because he hates Aristrate and thinks he's attending to show off how nice he is.

David's a bit of a douche actually, but his character arc is actually quite tragic. He starts off really arrogant and confident, and becomes insecure as he starts to question himself.

BookKitty 07-08-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 547354)
The story is about a genius (Aristrate), who accidentally starts a war, despite being a pacifist. Because of the sheer amount of people killed, he is tried for war crimes and will be executed if it cannot be proved that he was innocent, which Richard has decided to do, not just because they are besties, but because Ari is a literal polymath and could make a massive contribution to science.

There are actually three other trans characters (this could change if I decide to change Melissa to be nb) - their school/university/research facility place has a support group which Ari randomly attends one day. One of them is depressed, another ends up questioning their gender identity and becomes insecure, but the other is very positive and happy with who she is. It's funny because when Ari arrives, they don't know he's trans and David, the other guy, gets really pissed because he hates Aristrate and thinks he's attending to show off how nice he is.

David's a bit of a douche actually, but his character arc is actually quite tragic. He starts off really arrogant and confident, and becomes insecure as he starts to question himself.

i'm so jelly...i can never finish a story that i write and they are never as cool and well-developed as you guy's stories are. meh. writer's block sucks especially when you have it for weeks at a time...

HeatherB 07-08-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 547354)

that sounds AMAZING. could you, possibly, email that to me? i could message my email to you via tumblr.

Emaafre 07-08-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 547391)
that sounds AMAZING. could you, possibly, email that to me? i could message my email to you via tumblr.

Me too? Except, um, catherinelockheart@gmail.com