The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GSRM Community (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3738)

Lily09 12-02-2013 06:49 PM

GSRM Community
 
This is placed in the Free Advice section because I've got nowhere else to put it.

This is the GSRM Community!
GSRM stands for Gender, Sexuality, and Romantic Minorities. The acronym is similar to LGBT*QIA*P but it saves you from writing all of that, it's all-inclusive, and it doesn't leave the A open to allies, when it really means asexual/aromantic.
I've noticed that KP has become a lot more diverse and a lot more people are questioning themselves. I've also noticed that questioning sexuality is getting emphasised on a lot, but not so much gender, for kids who are in the trans* category(like me). This thread is made for anyone on KP who isn't sure about their gender, sexuality, and romantic orientation, those who are sure (or mostly sure) with themselves but need help with relationships, being accepted, transitioning, passing, etc., or just want to talk about stuff related to GSRM.
Allies are welcome to comment, but keep in mind that this thread is mostly for those in the GSRM Community. If you are an ally, please respect that a queer person may not want you on this thread, and please DO NOT try to talk over queer people.

HeatherB 12-02-2013 07:07 PM

ah thank you for making this *glomps*

Lily09 12-02-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 506377)
ah thank you for making this *glomps*

no problem ^-^ *glomps u too*

MaggieMay 12-02-2013 10:00 PM

Yoo I'm not that straight I guess I'm still questioning but aaayyyy I'm in the club

HeatherB 12-02-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 506437)
Yoo I'm not that straight I guess I'm still questioning but aaayyyy I'm in the club

welcome. im bisexual which is either not like or like a unicorn, depending on how you think about it.

Lily09 12-07-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 506438)
welcome. im bisexual which is either not like or like a unicorn, depending on how you think about it.

(i totally forgot about wb for a few days whoops)
youre like brittany s pierce
very unicorn

AlgebraAddict 12-07-2013 05:54 PM

I'm definitely bixesual and possibly lesbian, which makes my possible crush on a boy weird because I've never really felt romantic towards a guy before.Although I have no problem being close to guys as friends or whatever, it seems really weird to me to ever have any kind of sexual relationship with a guy. e_e

MaggieMay 12-07-2013 06:06 PM

i think i might just be partially bi if you know what that's supposed to mean??? idk i mean guys are pretty attractive and so are girls but i think i really only fall in love with girls if i like their souls. that sounded weird, but do you feel me???

Lily09 12-07-2013 08:20 PM

nah man it isnt weird
i think you just prefer a gender over another or youre still just trying to figure out or maybe you dont need a label for it. sexuality can be fluid

HeatherB 12-07-2013 08:29 PM

to paraphrase my favorite jane lynch quote, "sexuality isn't all black and white. sometimes it's gray and swims"

i know fo'sho' that, for all the innuendos and jokes i make about my sex life, i will never be comfortable having sex ever with any gender. it's too weird and frankly, gross. but i know that i like guys and gals and i'm definitely bi (and i came out yesterday to one of my bffs while i was sitting on a trapeze so there's that. progress) even though i might have a tiny preference for guys (just sexually i guess) over girls. i have no problem kissing/making out with/anything above the southern region of the body with either of them (;

Lily09 12-07-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 506916)
to paraphrase my favorite jane lynch quote, "sexuality isn't all black and white. sometimes it's gray and swims"

i know fo'sho' that, for all the innuendos and jokes i make about my sex life, i will never be comfortable having sex ever with any gender. it's too weird and frankly, gross. but i know that i like guys and gals and i'm definitely bi (and i came out yesterday to one of my bffs while i was sitting on a trapeze so there's that. progress) even though i might have a tiny preference for guys (just sexually i guess) over girls. i have no problem kissing/making out with/anything above the southern region of the body with either of them (;

for me its like i identify as a panromantic homosexual but i wouldnt do anything sexual with a person who has a dick (regardless of gender) i dont know how to label that or if i should so im just labeling it with what i feel comfortable which is panromantic homosexual, even if the last part isnt accurate bc i would be okay with a trans male.

MaggieMay 12-07-2013 10:20 PM

(oh yeah you look very fab in your Skype profile pic lily c:)

I really don't feel very attracted to the majority of guys (at my school anyway) and some of the girls and I would date/kiss either gender as long as I admired them for who they were instead of only sexually (but both would be nice)
and (because I'm so clean) I wouldn't do the thing with someone unless I trusted them a lot

L.S.Trendom 12-07-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 506930)
do the thing

haha i like how you said 'do the thing' and like half the people on this thread don't shy away from swearing at all

but anyways i was distracted
gooo gsrm people
u guys are fab

not sure what i am (idek = best label ever) but if I had to pick something, I'd go with probably… panromantic with a lean toward heteroromantic and heteroflexible sexually
or just heteroflexible bc that's much shorter
and maybeeee genderfluid but mostly i'm just confused and like "whatever man ill find out eventually"

Lily09 12-08-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 506930)
(oh yeah you look very fab in your Skype profile pic lily c:)

aww thank you :3 im actually really pleased with how that picture because i didn't turn out looking like an emo boy (which is nice on some days but not always) i still looked like a boy, instead of a girl(like i do some days)!!

LaurenM 12-08-2013 09:00 AM

Yes lily your haircut is awesome :33
Yo. I have no idea what my sexuality is, probably homosexual/pansexual/homosexual pan-romantic

Lily09 12-08-2013 01:54 PM

thank lorin

this is new i feel agendered today
usually im a male but wow
ok

MaggieMay 12-08-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 507006)
thank lorin

this is new i feel agendered today
usually im a male but wow
ok

(sorry if this is nosy or anything you don't have to answer I was just wondering)
what exactly does it feel like to be genderfluid/have no gender at all??? I've always been kind of fascinated by it, if you know what I mean

Lily09 12-08-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 507016)
(sorry if this is nosy or anything you don't have to answer I was just wondering)
what exactly does it feel like to be genderfluid/have no gender at all??? I've always been kind of fascinated by it, if you know what I mean

its okay!!
basically genderfluidity is when you are a male some days/weeks/months(idk about years maybe), a female other days/weeks/months, and sometimes both!! and sometimes you dont feel like youre any at all
agendered/nongendered is just when you don't feel like you are anything you just are?? kind of?? its hard to explain for agendered/nongendered because i dont have much experience with it

for me, on most days i am a male, but sometimes im a female. some days i just feel both.

MaggieMay 12-08-2013 09:10 PM

thanks for putting it into further explanation cc: helps a lot

AlgebraAddict 12-10-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 507017)
its okay!!
basically genderfluidity is when you are a male some days/weeks/months(idk about years maybe), a female other days/weeks/months, and sometimes both!! and sometimes you dont feel like youre any at all
agendered/nongendered is just when you don't feel like you are anything you just are?? kind of?? its hard to explain for agendered/nongendered because i dont have much experience with it

for me, on most days i am a male, but sometimes im a female. some days i just feel both.



Do I call you he or she, out of curiosity? I try to call you non gendered pronouns or by your name, but sometimes it'd be easier to call you he or she. Do you have a preference?

LaurenM 12-10-2013 10:17 AM

I have no idea how each gender is supposed to feel so.

HeatherB 12-10-2013 12:30 PM

*whispers* yo imma butt in with my personal opinion again sorry

personally i think that sexuality/gender labels are rlly dumb
as is the fact that we actually have no pronoun for agendered/genderfluid people??? like 'they' is really dumb bc that's for more than one person and even though i know ppl who prefer that pronoun and it's their personal choice and everything we really really need a pronoun for agendered/genderfluid people because 'it' is pretty offensive (unless the person explicitly says thats what they'd like to be referred to in which case... again it's personal) and it just pisses me off that we dont have it
but going back to my original point
just love who u gonna love
and btw the proper way to ask someone what 'gender' (gender in quotes bc more personal opinion that i wont go into detail about unless someone really wants to know) they are is asking for their preferred gender pronoun (e.g. he/his/him, she/her/hers, they/their/theirs, and on occasion it) yeah ok thats all i have to say
*floats back into tumblr*

Lily09 12-10-2013 05:53 PM

ze is the alternate pronoun if you don't wanna use they
i don't think its dumb, sometimes its unnecessary, but i wearmy labels proudly.
a lot of people think that the concept of gender is really unnecessary, and i can see the point of why, but at the same time, i feel like it's not bad to have gender there.

Lily09 12-10-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 507356)
Do I call you he or she, out of curiosity? I try to call you non gendered pronouns or by your name, but sometimes it'd be easier to call you he or she. Do you have a preference?

yeah!!
he is actually my preferred pronoun, despite being genderfluid. they or ze would be second preferred and she is okay although i dont like it as much.
thanks (:

pluzzle 12-10-2013 07:52 PM

lol hi everyone

I'm kind of attracted to one of my best friends (and I have been attracted to other girls in the past - like in the way that I would date or kiss them) but I like guys too?? like what I'm so confused ._>

HeatherB 12-10-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 507410)
ze is the alternate pronoun if you don't wanna use they
i don't think its dumb, sometimes its unnecessary, but i wearmy labels proudly.
a lot of people think that the concept of gender is really unnecessary, and i can see the point of why, but at the same time, i feel like it's not bad to have gender there.

yeah but it's not universally recognized and it pisses me off still. plus it sounds a lot like she which confuses people into calling genderfluid/gender neutral people she/her/hers instead of their pgp. there's nothing wrong with knowing who you are and being proud of it. and i can understand why gender isn't that bad to have around. it just ticks me off that the majority of people think there are only two genders and honestly sometimes it seems like without sexuality/gender labels the world would be easier.
although the gender labels are infinitely more important to have than the sexuality labels, i should note.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 507431)
lol hi everyone

I'm kind of attracted to one of my best friends (and I have been attracted to other girls in the past - like in the way that I would date or kiss them) but I like guys too?? like what I'm so confused ._>

hello friend welcome to the wonderful world of bi/pansexuality
bi is where you like girls and guys and pan is where you like all genders including nonbinary gendered people, to put it simply. wikipedia has a more in depth explanation so go there for all the clarifications and stuff.

EmmaR 12-11-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 507368)
I have no idea how each gender is supposed to feel so.

Same. Like, I don't FEEL like a girl, but I don't feel awkward being a girl, so I just kind of assume that I'm cisgendered.

MaggieMay 12-11-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 507455)
Same. Like, I don't FEEL like a girl, but I don't feel awkward being a girl, so I just kind of assume that I'm cisgendered.

Same here. I feel very uncomfortable dressing in girly clothes, especially in public, wearing makeup, and having fancy, long hair, but I don't believe in gender stereotypes and I like being a boyish girl in that sense so I don't know.

WolfWriter 12-12-2013 09:11 PM

This is rad.

2013 has been the gayest year ever for me. I started in February as "bisexual with a preference for girls" and now I'm just "girls girls girls I'm so gay."

WolfWriter 12-12-2013 09:16 PM

Am I the only one who's like 100% gay without any attraction toward the opposite gender? Period?

WolfWriter 12-12-2013 09:21 PM

LAST POST BUT

omg

So I met this girl on Tumblr, because I stumbled upon her blog and was like, "She's blonde but she's cute, eh, might as well see how she's doing." It was Thanksgiving, which is significant because each holiday I've met someone on Tumblr I had a crush on, no matter how briefly. Like I met my ex on Valentine's Day. That's a long story. But this new girl is named Emma and she's basically the best person I can imagine. She's soooo beautiful and adventurous and athletic but she isn't a jock. She's just good at what she needs to be. Usually I go for the intellectual types, but I can't stop comparing them all to my ex, Amy, who was utterly brilliant. Really really really intelligent. Emma isn't as good in academic classes, but she's a university student (two years older than me, barely) studying adventure media, so she does film editing and advertisements for these outdoorsy companies.
And she's funny and great and ugh, has perfect music taste and is musical and just overall so so so sweet.
I've never been so happy around a person. And we Skyped last Sunday, which is huge because I've only ever called a person with Skype on audio, not video.

The issue?

She lives 3500 miles away. In Scotland.

The only good thing is the accent, which makes me swooooooon, like oh my goodness. Her voice is like raw sex appeal, and she spent her childhood summers in the south of France, so something she slips into French and apologizes and I just answer her in French and we laugh and wow. Wow. She's just wow.

Lena 12-12-2013 09:50 PM

I like this thread.
I like you guys.
This thread is filled with fabulousity.

Lily09 12-12-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 507443)
yeah but it's not universally recognized and it pisses me off still. plus it sounds a lot like she which confuses people into calling genderfluid/gender neutral people she/her/hers instead of their pgp. there's nothing wrong with knowing who you are and being proud of it. and i can understand why gender isn't that bad to have around. it just ticks me off that the majority of people think there are only two genders and honestly sometimes it seems like without sexuality/gender labels the world would be easier.
although the gender labels are infinitely more important to have than the sexuality labels, i should note.

mhm know what u mean
and the last one yes i agree on that


Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfWriter (Post 507644)
Am I the only one who's like 100% gay without any attraction toward the opposite gender? Period?

yep im pretty sure!! ^-^


Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfWriter (Post 507645)
LAST POST BUT

omg

So I met this girl on Tumblr, because I stumbled upon her blog and was like, "She's blonde but she's cute, eh, might as well see how she's doing." It was Thanksgiving, which is significant because each holiday I've met someone on Tumblr I had a crush on, no matter how briefly. Like I met my ex on Valentine's Day. That's a long story. But this new girl is named Emma and she's basically the best person I can imagine. She's soooo beautiful and adventurous and athletic but she isn't a jock. She's just good at what she needs to be. Usually I go for the intellectual types, but I can't stop comparing them all to my ex, Amy, who was utterly brilliant. Really really really intelligent. Emma isn't as good in academic classes, but she's a university student (two years older than me, barely) studying adventure media, so she does film editing and advertisements for these outdoorsy companies.
And she's funny and great and ugh, has perfect music taste and is musical and just overall so so so sweet.
I've never been so happy around a person. And we Skyped last Sunday, which is huge because I've only ever called a person with Skype on audio, not video.

The issue?

She lives 3500 miles away. In Scotland.

The only good thing is the accent, which makes me swooooooon, like oh my goodness. Her voice is like raw sex appeal, and she spent her childhood summers in the south of France, so something she slips into French and apologizes and I just answer her in French and we laugh and wow. Wow. She's just wow.

ohmygod thats so adorable
that is so cu TE
*sits here flailing bc of cuteness*

Lily09 12-12-2013 10:22 PM

im just gonna sit here and look at ww's post sadly because i was just getting used to calling my ex my gf and now i call her my ex whenever i mention her and ffsfsffdas

MaggieMay 12-12-2013 10:30 PM

i agree with lily on ww's post just aaafkfbrk cc:

WolfWriter 12-12-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 507656)
mhm know what u mean
and the last one yes i agree on that




yep im pretty sure!! ^-^



ohmygod thats so adorable
that is so cu TE
*sits here flailing bc of cuteness*

She is cute.

And that's weird. That I'm like the only one

WolfWriter 12-12-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 507657)
im just gonna sit here and look at ww's post sadly because i was just getting used to calling my ex my gf and now i call her my ex whenever i mention her and ffsfsffdas

): I'm sorry. I know the feeling, sort of, although I must say I didn't call Amy my girlfriend when we were together. It was so informal. But when we broke up I called her my ex-girlfriend. I think that says a lot, her being my girlfriend only looking back.

Lily09 12-12-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfWriter (Post 507660)
): I'm sorry. I know the feeling, sort of, although I must say I didn't call Amy my girlfriend when we were together. It was so informal. But when we broke up I called her my ex-girlfriend. I think that says a lot, her being my girlfriend only looking back.

i only started getting used to calling Emily my gf towards the end of the relationship.
its so weird because if you were around when i started talking about emily on here (since 2012) you would think that we would be really great together!! but no it was really awkward because she's at a different school and she was just like "idk whatever you want!!" so there wasn't a lot of communication.

Lily09 12-12-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 507658)
i agree with lily on ww's post just aaafkfbrk cc:

so so so whats up with your life any crushes or anything do tell

WolfWriter 12-13-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 507662)
i only started getting used to calling Emily my gf towards the end of the relationship.
its so weird because if you were around when i started talking about emily on here (since 2012) you would think that we would be really great together!! but no it was really awkward because she's at a different school and she was just like "idk whatever you want!!" so there wasn't a lot of communication.

How did you meet? And I don't like when people have no opinion and ask me to make a lot of decisions. Kind of freaks me out. The thing with distance is there will never be a lack of communication. It's all you have.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.