The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

wildwolf 10-26-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 354538)
I haven't missed a day of Pre-IB and it's almost midterm. I'm seriously so determined to get this IB Diploma so I can get my butt into the best possible school in the world for not just art (since it's very unlikely that I--ANYONE--will be able to actually follow their childhood dreams and to be honest I'm not cashing all my chips in on art either) but anything I want to pursue. I'm taking business and business tech because those jobs are certain and they DELIVER--I'm taking math and French not because I love them (which I do) but bilingual people, especially in Canada, are GUARANTEED job placement and people who understand math are just plain old useful.
I'm sorry but I doubt that anyone will make a living off of writing--whether it be a novel, a newspaper, ANYTHING. Writing is, without doubt, dying, and it will always be dying--never die, though. You can't just expect yourself to publish one thing (one book will plunge you so far down into debt that you won't be able to breathe) and hit it onto the bestseller list.
It's very likely that if you intend to have creative writing as a career priority, you'll be juggling three or four other jobs, and without an actual diploma of any sort those jobs can range anywhere from being a school janitor to a waitress.

So... I have to ask the same thing as Camille... :< I don't know what jobs are like in America but here in Canada you have to make the best of the opportunities you're given. And if there's no opportunities, you move your butt somewhere else and make a living that way.
I'm having lots of emotional issues too, you know, but I can't just not show up to school, I can't use up my 14 days of absence, I can't just skip my CAS programme hours. Your future isn't going to go away... so I'm just worried about you. If you don't get a diploma from SOMEWHERE, you're pretty much setting yourself up for unemployment... :(
I know I probably sound like one of your annoying teachers, I'm sorry... I'm just worried and want to make sure you've got a plan. :<<

I'm doing I.B. as well.
French. Good idea, Cass. Useful in Canada, but Spanish is more useful here. I'm learning Spanish, but I know a small amount of French.
I agree with you about the writing thing. I wanted to be a writer when I was a little kid, but that's very difficult. Writers struggle.

It's pretty much the same here in America. It's hard enough for people WITH a degree to get a job, but without one, you're pretty screwed.
Cass is right. Kudos to you, Sandy. You're working and you deserve to go to a good college.
Plans are good. I'm in 7th grade and we already took a career placement test.

Moogle 10-26-2012 08:10 PM

IB'ers rule <|:^] *is also one*

HeatherB 10-26-2012 08:14 PM

I'LLLLLLLLLLLLL MAKE A MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN OUT OF YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i

Moogle 10-26-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 354563)

*pictures that playing overhead at a...*
Nevermind D8

nataleegann 10-26-2012 08:35 PM

Angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my mom just spent an hour at the goodwill thinking that their 99 cent sale was this week. Well guess what.............. They're not having it because of HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magsiscool 10-27-2012 12:11 PM

I LUV HALLOWEEN
GOING AS THE MAD HATTER
-Spaz-

AlgebraAddict 10-27-2012 12:15 PM

Sigh.

Sigh.

Okay, so my friend loves singing. She's my best friend, and probably my only real friend besides my sister. She loves singing, anyway, and we're both in choir. And we both auditioned for allstate choirs.

I got in.

She didn't get in.

This meant everything in the world to her. I know she doesn't think I'm any good at singing, but I am, I know I am. I feel I deserve to be in allstate, but I have no idea how she'll take the news. What on earth am I supposed to say to her? Sigh.

camikat 10-27-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 354736)
Sigh.

Sigh.

Okay, so my friend loves singing. She's my best friend, and probably my only real friend besides my sister. She loves singing, anyway, and we're both in choir. And we both auditioned for allstate choirs.

I got in.

She didn't get in.

This meant everything in the world to her. I know she doesn't think I'm any good at singing, but I am, I know I am. I feel I deserve to be in allstate, but I have no idea how she'll take the news. What on earth am I supposed to say to her? Sigh.

Is she good at singing? If you think she is, say so. Tell her to keep practicing, try out next year. Whatever you do, don't rub it in her face. I wouldn't even mention it it around her. Good luck. :3

Cherrybomb 10-27-2012 12:24 PM

Meh/Happy

I feel like it's too late to do anything I love. :/ I have no idea how to explain it.

And at the same time I feel happy our community is having a celebration today. :P

HeatherB 10-27-2012 02:28 PM

Who is that girl I see
Staring straight
Back at me?
Why is my reflection someone
I don't know?
Somehow I cannot hide
Who I am
Though I've tried
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?
When will my reflection show