The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   *{Not sure where this should go...}* Haha, let's obsess and discuss our crushes :3 (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=1431)

rachelkirsten 08-16-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 173350)
I like Pixar, like Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc, but I hate Disney films, they don't appeal to me.

I like Pixar and Disney. It just depends on the movies they produce whether I like the particular movie. For example, Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc are awesome, but Tangled is my favorite animated movie of all time; and that's a Disney. :)

rebecca 08-16-2011 01:24 PM

I don't like Tangled, but I actually love the Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, and a few other Disneys, now I think about them...

missmaple 08-16-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosiePie07 (Post 173320)
I JUST WATCHED IT TODAY ON NETFLIX INSTANT!!! It's so awesome! I love Flynn so much. :) <3

YOU CAN WATCH IT INSTANTLY? *explodes into a rainbow of happiness* I do that a lot... -_-

Quote:

I don't like Disney, and never will.
Can you just explain why? Are there any movies in particular you don't like? The appeal of Disney isn't really because it has strong, well-developed plot lines (because it doesn't....) but everybody has seen a Disney movie at least once during their childhood, hopefully, and it's kinda part of being a kid, for me at least. The movies are fun because they're beautifully animated, they have good music, the characters are endearing, and they have an element of magic I've never seen in other films.

Quote:

Disney is incredible. I hate the new Disney Channel as opposed to the shows they used to have. But Disney overall? I ADORE it. I wanted to be an animator there, but now I want to animate at Pixar, where I can still work with Disney Is anyone else excited for Brave to come out?!
YES. We are SO working at Pixar together, Sadie! :D

rachelkirsten 08-16-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosiePie07 (Post 173320)
I JUST WATCHED IT TODAY ON NETFLIX INSTANT!!! It's so awesome! I love Flynn so much. :) <3

Really?? I just watched Tangled instantly on Netflix YESTERDAY. :D
Haha!! Tangled is the best animated movie I have ever seen. Period.

And Flynn is the handsomest guy, and Tangled has the best humor ever. My kind of humor. It is so HILARIOUS. :D

missmaple 08-16-2011 04:08 PM

BWAHAHHAHA! :3 I'm watching it, too! This is THE cutest movie ever.

Guess what? I've met the guy who voices Flinn! It's true, Zachary Levi is his voice actor, and I actually met him and got a picture with him! :D

Leia 08-16-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmaple (Post 173409)
Can you just explain why? Are there any movies in particular you don't like? The appeal of Disney isn't really because it has strong, well-developed plot lines (because it doesn't....) but everybody has seen a Disney movie at least once during their childhood, hopefully, and it's kinda part of being a kid, for me at least. The movies are fun because they're beautifully animated, they have good music, the characters are endearing, and they have an element of magic I've never seen in other films.



YES. We are SO working at Pixar together, Sadie! :D

Totally agree. Disney movies aren't the highest of well-developed, original plot lines, but Disney movies are...magical. The animations are marvelous, and the stories are great for young children. And teens, like me, who get bored and watch Snow White ! :D

rachelkirsten 08-16-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmaple (Post 173464)
BWAHAHHAHA! :3 I'm watching it, too! This is THE cutest movie ever.

Guess what? I've met the guy who voices Flinn! It's true, Zachary Levi is his voice actor, and I actually met him and got a picture with him! :D

REALLY?! Wow, that's so cool!! That's SO awesome!! Geez, you have met Zachary Levi, and I have a best friend who has met AND talked to Scotty Mccreery!! And got a picture with him. Cool, right??

P.S. He is the guy who won American Idol this year. :D

missmaple 08-16-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachelkirsten (Post 173485)
REALLY?! Wow, that's so cool!! That's SO awesome!! Geez, you have met Zachary Levi, and I have a best friend who has met AND talked to Scotty Mccreery!! And got a picture with him. Cool, right??

P.S. He is the guy who won American Idol this year. :D

Awesome! My celebrity meets are Levi and Norah Jones. Zachary is actually a really cool guy. My family met him while we were taking a tour of Warner Bro's Studios. Our tour guide told us that he always takes pictures with tourists and he loves meeting fans and stuff. It was awesome! Of course, at the time, I didn't know he was starring in the latest Disney movie... If I'd known, I'd've asked him a BILLION questions :D

Quote:

Totally agree. Disney movies aren't the highest of well-developed, original plot lines, but Disney movies are...magical. The animations are marvelous, and the stories are great for young children. And teens, like me, who get bored and watch Snow White !
*floats around in a cloud of happiness* Disney is brilliant. My favorite movie-maker is Pixar, but I like the classic Disney films just as much. When I watch a really good movie that I just love, I get shivers all over from watching it because it's just so high-quality.

missmaple 08-16-2011 05:53 PM

OH MY PUNKY JAGUARS! I'm falling in love with this movie all over again! *squeals*

I've gotta dream, I've gotta drreeeeaaaammm...

kgs221 08-16-2011 06:49 PM

I'm now gonna go sulk and write depressing love songs.. C ya later

AlgebraAddict 08-16-2011 07:34 PM

The only love song I ever wrote was The Scholar. It was actually way out of my style, but I just wrote it. It was this girl talking about how ridiculous this guy thought fantasies and love were but how smart in worldly matters he was and like rebuking him for that but the last line was, "I love you and my heart's in tatters."

I made myself cry.

Sandy 08-16-2011 07:58 PM

Heheheheheh... I can't wait until I post MY love song... heheheheheheh... >:^D Romantics, cover your eyes.

AlgebraAddict 08-16-2011 08:21 PM

I'm not romantic... but o well. I'll read it!

ClaireH 08-16-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfWriter (Post 173348)
Disney is incredible. I hate the new Disney Channel as opposed to the shows they used to have. But Disney overall? I ADORE it. I wanted to be an animator there, but now I want to animate at Pixar, where I can still work with Disney :D Is anyone else excited for Brave to come out?!

MEEE!!! I want to see it sooo bad! It looks amazing... :D

missmaple 08-16-2011 10:31 PM

OH MY PUNKY JAGUARS! SHE JUST STABBED FLYNN! :eek:

rachelkirsten 08-16-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmaple (Post 173719)
OH MY PUNKY JAGUARS! SHE JUST STABBED FLYNN! :eek:

Is this your first time to see Tangled?? Geez, this movie gave me goose bumps. No other animation has ever done this. It is so romantic and touching. ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME! :D

rachelkirsten 08-16-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 173588)
The only love song I ever wrote was The Scholar. It was actually way out of my style, but I just wrote it. It was this girl talking about how ridiculous this guy thought fantasies and love were but how smart in worldly matters he was and like rebuking him for that but the last line was, "I love you and my heart's in tatters."

I made myself cry.

Awww, that's so touching!! That sounds like a breathtaking song. Could you post it the main KP New Stories page?? I would really love to read it!!

missmaple 08-16-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachelkirsten (Post 173721)
Is this your first time to see Tangled?? Geez, this movie gave me goose bumps. No other animation has ever done this. It is so romantic and touching. ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME! :D

Lol, no, but I still hate this scene. Whenever I see someone hurt one of my favorite characters, I want to.. To... TO THROW SOMETHING! Grr... :mad:

Like, when I watched the newest Pirates Of The Caribbean movie, I really just wanted to KILL Blackbeard when he started torturing Jack. Have you EVER seen Jack in pain before? No. I WAS SO MAD! :mad: :D

GabiDi 08-16-2011 10:59 PM

I. LOVE. TANGLED. :3

It's so cute!

missmaple 08-16-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 173749)
I. LOVE. TANGLED. :3

It's so cute!

Just realized why Tangled is such an awesome movie: John Lasseter worked on it! He's such a brilliant guy- He's from Pixar, pretty much invented CGI.

(We are soooo off-topic)

GabiDi 08-16-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmaple (Post 173760)
Just realized why Tangled is such an awesome movie: John Lasseter worked on it! He's such a brilliant guy- He's from Pixar, pretty much invented CGI.

(We are soooo off-topic)

Well, Tangled's KIND of a romance... :p

I saw it in theaters. Even if it was full of chattering 8-year olds, it was so cute. :3

missmaple 08-16-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 173761)
Well, Tangled's KIND of a romance... :p

I saw it in theaters. Even if it was full of chattering 8-year olds, it was so cute. :3

When I saw it in theaters, I was laughing so much during the Snuggly Duckling scene that I started crying, I couldn't breathe, my sister started yelling at me, and I almost had to leave the theater. :rolleyes:

rachelkirsten 08-17-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmaple (Post 173769)
When I saw it in theaters, I was laughing so much during the Snuggly Duckling scene that I started crying, I couldn't breathe, my sister started yelling at me, and I almost had to leave the theater. :rolleyes:

HAHA!! Yeah, I normally don't "laugh-out-loud" when I'm at a theater, but Tangled was too hilarious not to laugh. And laugh A LOT. And not stop laughing. :D

Cinnamon 08-17-2011 12:28 AM

THAT..... is extremely true.

rebecca 08-17-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmaple (Post 173409)
YOU CAN WATCH IT INSTANTLY? *explodes into a rainbow of happiness* I do that a lot... -_-



Can you just explain why? Are there any movies in particular you don't like? The appeal of Disney isn't really because it has strong, well-developed plot lines (because it doesn't....) but everybody has seen a Disney movie at least once during their childhood, hopefully, and it's kinda part of being a kid, for me at least. The movies are fun because they're beautifully animated, they have good music, the characters are endearing, and they have an element of magic I've never seen in other films.



YES. We are SO working at Pixar together, Sadie! :D


I don't like Disney because I feel I've grown out of them, also because all these other girls I knew were into Disney princesses, but I decided as I was attempting to become a tomboy I would hate some Disney. I despise Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty because Cinderella's like a dumb love story, Snow White's brainless and Sleeping Beauty's stupid. (I love Malificent though!)

Ruza 08-17-2011 09:30 AM

I didn't like the movie Tangled, and I didn't find it funny. It was a sucky movie. I made up an excuse to my dad to go to the bathroom during the movie,and I stayed in there for about thirty minutes, waiting out the movie.

Leia 08-17-2011 10:10 AM

I love funny movies!

missmaple 08-17-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 173851)
I don't like Disney because I feel I've grown out of them, also because all these other girls I knew were into Disney princesses, but I decided as I was attempting to become a tomboy I would hate some Disney. I despise Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty because Cinderella's like a dumb love story, Snow White's brainless and Sleeping Beauty's stupid. (I love Malificent though!)

*nods* I can understand that. But I don't think you can hate on something (Disney princesses) just because it's too popular. I think it's really annoying how they're overmarketing all their characters right now, though. But Disney isn't just princesses, you know. Of all Disney's 50 animated movies, only 10 are legitimate "princess" movies. Yes, Disney has put clear borders around which movies it considers part of its princess franchise. Personally, the Disney princesses aren't my favorite characters either, but they're still part of Disney.

Haven't you watched any other Disney movies? I think it's unfair that you lump all Disney movies into a "princess" category. You said that you like some other Disney movies, so don't let your opinion of the princesses get in your way of enjoying some good films.

Quote:

I didn't like the movie Tangled, and I didn't find it funny. It was a sucky movie. I made up an excuse to my dad to go to the bathroom during the movie,and I stayed in there for about thirty minutes, waiting out the movie.
*shrugs* To each his own. I respect that.... When you compare it to other films, yes, maybe it isn't the best movie on earth. I really, really liked it, though, and I'm not sure why, but something about it just worked for me.

Sandy 08-17-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 173749)
I. LOVE. TANGLED. :3

It's so cute!

I didn't like Tangled...
I cried at totally random parts in the movie because of what they had... it made me feel absolutely awful...

missmaple 08-17-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 174143)
I didn't like Tangled...
I cried at totally random parts in the movie because of what they had... it made me feel absolutely awful...

:( Why did it make you feel awful?

missmaple 08-17-2011 09:10 PM

OOOOH... I just found out what the 10-character rule is.

Caligirl100 08-17-2011 09:58 PM

This is super off topic :P

But all my friends have had boyfriends, and currently have one. They're making fun of me because I've never had one :P So they're trying to hook me up with someone -_-

EmmaR 08-17-2011 11:05 PM

Aren't you, like, 11?

RosiePie07 08-18-2011 01:34 AM

I felt sucky during Tangled when Fynn said that he had a thing for brunettes 'cause I'm blonde. God, I wanted to kill him. ;)

GabiDi 08-18-2011 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosiePie07 (Post 174298)
I felt sucky during Tangled when Fynn said that he had a thing for brunettes 'cause I'm blonde. God, I wanted to kill him. ;)

Flynn and her were so cute though. :D :D :D

missmaple 08-18-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosiePie07 (Post 174298)
I felt sucky during Tangled when Fynn said that he had a thing for brunettes 'cause I'm blonde. God, I wanted to kill him. ;)

Quote:

Flynn and her were so cute though.
Eugene. I beliebe his name was Eugene. :cool:

rachelkirsten 08-18-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmaple (Post 174301)
Eugene. I beliebe his name was Eugene. :cool:

Yes, you're absolutely right. Eugene Fitzherbert. :D

AlgebraAddict 08-18-2011 05:11 PM

I really really want to see tangled.

Cinnamon 08-18-2011 05:16 PM

O_d

This is extremely off-topic. Unless... Flynn/ Eugene is your animation crush XD

RosiePie07 08-18-2011 06:06 PM

... And he is, so it's not off topic in the slightest. :p


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.