The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

DragonRider 02-04-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 418206)
I hate myself for not being able to stand up for what I believe in when it comes to Litzy because she always gets annoyed. Wincest/Waycest, people can listen to any music they like, people can dress any way they want, people can like whatever they want. For me, it's "do whatever you want as long as you're not hurting someone" but for her it's "I'm accepting but I might just show disgust if you like something I dislike." ??? I don't know, I feel like she says that she's accepting of everything but actually isn't and it makes it hard for me to stand up to my beliefs because she gets annoyed. I'm fine with my parents yelling at me because I stand up for what I believe in, but if Litzy and I disagree on something, I usually just sink back and go all silent because I'm scared to lose her. I know she'll leave but I don't want her to leave now.
Also, I dislike talking to her about my shit, because whenever I tell her that I'm afraid to lose my friends because its happened before or that I prefer music over friends, she always tells me, "Stop thinking like that." but it's not easy as that and it sounds like she's annoyed so I don't tell her anything else. She checks my arms for cuts, which makes me uncomfortable also.
I just want a friend IRL who I'm okay with venting my problems to and someone IRL who will stay up all night with me and I can cry to and not be judged for my beliefs.

LILY. /huggles
It's amazing you stand up for your beliefs. You should. Don't just do what you think will keep your friends close - do what your heart tells you. They choices you make whilst following your heart will ultimately be the right ones. Litzy is probably slightly prejudiced for some things (most people usually are for at least a few things), but that shouldn't destroy your friendship. Everyone has their opinions. You can't be certain she will leave - I have a friend IRL who now lives near you, but we are still best friends, even though she is in a new school, in a new country, and has new friends. Your true friends will stay with your your whole life, and will never abandon you.
The fact she checks your arms for cuts shows she cares about you - she just has difficulty showing it sometimes.
She's probably scared of losing you too, you know.
I think you should talk to her about it. Honestly. It will help.
If I could move near you, I would be there straight away. I know Skype isn't the same and we can't stay up all night together and stuff, but for now, if you want, I'm always here to talk/vent.
/huggles Things will get better.
Do you want me to talk to Litzy about it? I can do it subtly and casually, as if I had not talked to you at all.

I like your motto about beliefs. May I adopt it?

LaurenM 02-04-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 418206)
I hate myself for not being able to stand up for what I believe in when it comes to Litzy because she always gets annoyed. Wincest/Waycest, people can listen to any music they like, people can dress any way they want, people can like whatever they want. For me, it's "do whatever you want as long as you're not hurting someone" but for her it's "I'm accepting but I might just show disgust if you like something I dislike." ??? I don't know, I feel like she says that she's accepting of everything but actually isn't and it makes it hard for me to stand up to my beliefs because she gets annoyed. I'm fine with my parents yelling at me because I stand up for what I believe in, but if Litzy and I disagree on something, I usually just sink back and go all silent because I'm scared to lose her. I know she'll leave but I don't want her to leave now.
Also, I dislike talking to her about my shit, because whenever I tell her that I'm afraid to lose my friends because its happened before or that I prefer music over friends, she always tells me, "Stop thinking like that." but it's not easy as that and it sounds like she's annoyed so I don't tell her anything else. She checks my arms for cuts, which makes me uncomfortable also.
I just want a friend IRL who I'm okay with venting my problems to and someone IRL who will stay up all night with me and I can cry to and not be judged for my beliefs.

Is Litzy your friend? Sorry, I just need to get this clear.
Like DR said, she's probably worried about you. Or maybe she's keeping a close eye on you because she's scared that you'd cut again and accidentally turned it into prejudice? I'm terrible with advice :/
Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 418272)
first actual day at high school
my "best friends" ditched me
but my friends who i thought didn't really like me, stayed with me. c:
i brought my ipod to school (omg rebel xD) and played with it all lunch with my now best friends leaning over my shoulder XD

Holly?
I bring my iPod to school sometimes and lurk in a corner playing fruit ninja.

DragonRider 02-04-2013 11:37 AM

EVERYONE FEELING DEPRESSED OR UPSET:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...72645573_n.jpg

i

cheezemziez 02-04-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 418206)
I hate myself for not being able to stand up for what I believe in when it comes to Litzy because she always gets annoyed. Wincest/Waycest, people can listen to any music they like, people can dress any way they want, people can like whatever they want. For me, it's "do whatever you want as long as you're not hurting someone" but for her it's "I'm accepting but I might just show disgust if you like something I dislike." ??? I don't know, I feel like she says that she's accepting of everything but actually isn't and it makes it hard for me to stand up to my beliefs because she gets annoyed. I'm fine with my parents yelling at me because I stand up for what I believe in, but if Litzy and I disagree on something, I usually just sink back and go all silent because I'm scared to lose her. I know she'll leave but I don't want her to leave now.
Also, I dislike talking to her about my shit, because whenever I tell her that I'm afraid to lose my friends because its happened before or that I prefer music over friends, she always tells me, "Stop thinking like that." but it's not easy as that and it sounds like she's annoyed so I don't tell her anything else. She checks my arms for cuts, which makes me uncomfortable also.
I just want a friend IRL who I'm okay with venting my problems to and someone IRL who will stay up all night with me and I can cry to and not be judged for my beliefs.

You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. You are braver than almost everyone I know about standing up for what you think. So what if people don't support it? It's perfectly fine to be different from people.
No one is perfect, and it's hard for someone to find one completely compatible best friend. But just because they aren't completely compatible, it doesn't mean that they're more likely to leave you. No one understand everything. But you're an amazing person, and you should feel proud of who you are.

Lily09 02-04-2013 12:58 PM

DR/Cheeze: Thanks. you don't have to mention it to her. I'll bring it up soon.

DragonRider 02-04-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 418391)
DR/Cheeze: Thanks. you don't have to mention it to her. I'll bring it up soon.

OK.
/huggles

DragonRider 02-04-2013 02:58 PM

Guys:
If anyone is feeling depressed or feel like they are moving too fast or are just upset, click here: http://thequietplaceproject.com/thequietplace
It's refreshing and calming. I promise.

Or here, to get rid of worries and stuff: http://thequietplaceproject.com/thethoughtsroom/

It really helps.

MaryElizabeth 02-04-2013 04:45 PM

Stressed
 
I have a history report; a religion report; I have an interview with my priest next month that I have to pass to be Confirmed; I have to register at my high school; I audition for my school play Friday; I need to convince my parents to let me go to a writing camp this summer instead of getting birthday presents; I have to finish the two books I'm writing; and I have to get extremely good grades so that I can get a netbook for high school.

I shouldn't complain. High school's going to be twice as difficult. It's just a bit tiring.

avbhabra 02-04-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 418462)
I have a history report; a religion report; I have an interview with my priest next month that I have to pass to be Confirmed; I have to register at my high school; I audition for my school play Friday; I need to convince my parents to let me go to a writing camp this summer instead of getting birthday presents; I have to finish the two books I'm writing; and I have to get extremely good grades so that I can get a netbook for high school.

I shouldn't complain. High school's going to be twice as difficult. It's just a bit tiring.

Hard work pays off. I'm sure you'll do fine. You're not a cookie that crumbles easily. :)

avbhabra 02-04-2013 05:45 PM

Procrastinative
 
I have Geo homework to finish and I'm just not doing. I suppose I feel lazy, too...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.