The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GSRM Community (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3738)

AlgebraAddict 02-18-2014 10:31 PM

No one shoot me for this, but I think that these labels are confusing. Just love who you love and do what you're comfortable with; I don't see the need to label your preferences with a long word that can potentially restrain you

idk

it's just that say you identified as aromantic, and you know you'd be super happy in a relationship with someone but you're forced to decline it because you don't want to lose your status within that label idek

rebecca 02-19-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 520293)
No one shoot me for this, but I think that these labels are confusing. Just love who you love and do what you're comfortable with; I don't see the need to label your preferences with a long word that can potentially restrain you

idk

it's just that say you identified as aromantic, and you know you'd be super happy in a relationship with someone but you're forced to decline it because you don't want to lose your status within that label idek

I don't care about the status thing.
It's not like that matters. It's just I can't tell what I actually am because I can't actually sit down and figure this one out. Would I have a real relationship? I can't tell! It's very, very confusing.

rebecca 02-19-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 520285)
well if asexual is not being attracted to anyone sexually, wouldnt aromantic mean not being attracted to anyone romantically? not just not wanting a relationship? idk if im right, so please correct me if im wrong.

Yeah, you're right.
I tend to simplify things when I'm forced to explain them.

Lily09 02-19-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 520293)

idk

ok so im not gonna shoot you down or anything but i get slightly annoyed when people say not to label yourself because labelling and finding a term that fits someone is a huge relief for some people and helps them figure out stuff!!
of course labels should not restrict you, sexuality and romantic orientation are fluid!! but please do realize that not labelling can also be as harmful as labelling, and vice versa. both can be harmful and helpful!!
thats all i have to say thank u 4 listening 2 annoying elliot

AlgebraAddict 02-19-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 520355)
ok so im not gonna shoot you down or anything but i get slightly annoyed when people say not to label yourself because labelling and finding a term that fits someone is a huge relief for some people and helps them figure out stuff!!
of course labels should not restrict you, sexuality and romantic orientation are fluid!! but please do realize that not labelling can also be as harmful as labelling, and vice versa. both can be harmful and helpful!!
thats all i have to say thank u 4 listening 2 annoying elliot

If having a label legitimately helps you figure shit out, that's great. I just think that you need to put yourself first and the label you want to fit into second if that makes sense idk

Lily09 02-19-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 520384)
If having a label legitimately helps you figure shit out, that's great. I just think that you need to put yourself first and the label you want to fit into second if that makes sense idk

oh yeah!! that does make sense!

AlgebraAddict 02-19-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 520388)
oh yeah!! that does make sense!

ok thank you

like for the longest time I tried to convince myself I was a lesbian just because I labled myself like that and I'm not and that's okay but idk if I hadn't gone through that I'd probably be a lot more comfy being openly bi with my school now. :3

HeatherB 02-20-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 520384)

duuuuuuuude thats what ive been trying to say on this thread for the longest time thank u for putting it into simple english for ppl

AlgebraAddict 02-20-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 520477)
duuuuuuuude thats what ive been trying to say on this thread for the longest time thank u for putting it into simple english for ppl

ok thank you im not crazy that's good

Lily09 02-23-2014 02:57 AM

I came out to my parents a few days ago.